ZBrushCentral

Eagle-Man-like-Creature

awesome

what renderer did you use for the normal maps?

Very impressive progression!

Thanks for sharing.

KOSOVA,

Here’s to a job extremely well done :+1: :+1: . I’ve been watching the progression of this creation and I must say its been a fun journey especially to see how far it came and in a decent amount of time as well. The direction you went with the color and mane along with texture sure payed off. The muscle system and animation was just the icing on the cake!

Hey

Been watching this but had no idea that the rig was going to develop with muscles. Is that CGToolKit? I’m on a Mac and TK Muscles doesn’t work on Mac as I’m told. I would like to do that type of rigging.

BTW, I did a tutorial walkcycles. It’s pretty interesting and designed to be a fast one page read. Maybe you will find it useful.

Oh…i did it while ago, but I still use it. Well, at least for half of him :slight_smile:

Now that I think of it, I like it the walk that’s half ape half chicken but maybe not knuckles, a lighter claw crawl.

AVT_WalkCycle

Hi KOSOVA!

First off, let me start by saying what a great model you’ve accomplished! Congrats, bro!

Now, let me ask you a couple of things:

1.How many polys? both the imported model and the ZB final subdiv level?
-do you think it;s possible to show us untextured versions of the one inside max? :slight_smile:
2. about the FlexFX… do you think it works with character studio? Because I’m used with it… or only with puppetshop?

Anyways. great model and keep up the good work!

Dug up a few things that you may or may not have seen to help you.

http://www.livescience.com/animalworld/070221_moving_pictures.html

http://usuarios.lycos.es/lichiman/

http://www.junglewalk.com/video/Animal-movie.htm

Not necessarily for you now but…

http://www.animationartist.com/2003/08_aug/tutorials/rigging_anatomy.htm

I know the muscle system you are using can do great things, but I do agree wit comments above that, it’s acting like fat on one side of your character and nadda on the other side. The joy of pipelines processes. :wink:

Hello All

Thank you all for the nice words and comments. It is rewarding to know that after so much work I put into this character people like it, so again thank you all.

jais:Thanks. Although I dont see it the way you do you are making a good point. It makes one think to put more personality into character.
Subnormal:Thank you. Those muscles act more like “Muscle Bones” than splines but they are much more complex than just that. As far as the rigg goes there is the regular puppetshop rigg than some muscle bones for some difficult areas like shoulders and neck so I don’t loose volume, and extra bones for the chest area for better skinning. I hope this explains it.
bobzilla: Thanks.
Karim Z:Thanks a lot man. I appreciate it and I’m glad you liked it.
abbasi: Thank you as well.
achrystie: Thank you. I’ll try and look at those fat issues and maybe fix them if I can.
dani_Z3:Thank you.
50’sKID:Thanks a lot. I appreciate your kind words.
slashpot: Thanks. I agree with you. I should have been more serios at the beggining of the thread, But the end result matters and I’m glad you like it.
Longsight: Thanks. You can download Demo versions of both Puppetshop and SkinFx and play with them a little. Below is UI view of the Skin FX Modifier with some small explanations. Obviosly there is much more to it, but I thought this may help a bit to get you started

solomon: Thank you.I used 3ds Max’s Mental Ray for renders.
Marsyas: Thanks a lot.
AngelJ: Thank you. I’m glad you like it.
AVTpro: Thanks. Muscles are done with Skin Fx and that’s a plugin for 3Ds MAX . You probably use Maya since you mentioned TK muscle and I think thats a plugin for Maya not Max. In any case I hope you get to work with muscle system of any kind.
Nibiru: Thanks a lot. I’m glad you like it. Now to answer your questions. Low poly count for the model is 8150 and the high poly number is more than 1.5 milion. Below is the wire of the model. I hope this gives you an idea. Thanks again.

Jason Belec: Thanks for the links and advise. I bookmarked the links and will take a look at them in more detail when I get some time. You noticed quite well that the left side isn’t the same as the right and thats becouse I didnt add flex modifier to the muscles of the left side, but they still deform the mesh. As far as them acting more like fat than muscles I’ll take a look at that and try to fix it if I can . In any case thanks again, you’ve been great help to me with your comments and suggestions.

On the side note I have already started to work on a new Creature Character that will have pretty much the same settup like the Eagle Man. I’ll post the images as soon as i have something decent.

Once again Thank you all for the kind words.

As always C&C welcomed and appreciated.

Respect,
FatmiriSkin FX explanation.jpg3 Views of Eagle with wire.jpg

Attachments

3 Views of Eagle with wire.jpg

nice to see this sculpt progress so fr, well done.

KOSOVA,

I took the liberty at viewing your webpage and other works. Very nicely done and shows your versatility in 2d and 3d. When I viewed your illustrations and sketches… the first thing that jumped out at me was the heavy Frazetta influence, even your signature is very similiar style wise. Though in the fantasy genre who can say they haven’t been influenced by the fantasy guru. Keep up the good work and contributions to zbrush forum!

cool model !! the only thing i culd say is that his upper part is big,compared to lower part. so he would tend to fall down while walking (the quadruped walking mode fits better indeed in this case)

other than that, its an awesome work for sure.

KOSOVA,

First, thanks so much for sharing the process of this! I’m currently writing a book and in the book are characters that are very much like you’ve illustrated and animated here. In that reguard this is VERY inspirational to me.

Do you have any specific goals in developing this and your future characters? In any event your work is outstanding! All of the crits both, good and bad, you’ve carefully considered and that is another thing to your credit. Please, please share your future projects
Reguards

Very good job KOSOVA. Pune e mire, me pelqejne shaderat edhe testet e animacionit jane lezeçem. Keep it up!

Everything is awesome in this artwork from concept to sketch to modeling to texturing.

Fantastic detail in your mesh. Is it all via a normal bump?

That subtlety of muscle and weight in the right thigh will look great once mirrored to the left side.

Does it take long for the skin plugin to caculate the dynamics in the musculature?

Great work!!

Bin

Great, great work. And you even made the skeleton and muscle systems… I’m so impressed

Finally managed to see the walk cycle & it looks great! I dont mind the ‘swagger’, I think it fits the reality that a predator needs to keep his head, (or his eye level) , quite still while walking. What IS a problem is how far the knees must bow outwardly from the body as they pass underneath, this could be fixed by raising the buttocks higher somehow. Perhaps if only the metatarsals were flexible, or the tarsus was longer or the femur shorter? Whatever the fix, this bow-legged gait would clearly prevent the creature (I like ‘Homogryff’ too!) from gaining any sort of speed, at best it could possibly manage a Hyena-like canter. Not so much a problem for an arboreal animal or possibly an omnivore existing mostly on carrion (which the sparsely plumed head and powerful beak would suit perfectly) - it would certainly chase the vultures and Jackals away, but it would need to steer well clear of whatever brought down the carcass!

But its coming along brilliantly! Keep it up!:+1: This is a fantastic creation!

I love this thread. Beautiful work. To me the gorilla like walk suits him better, but when hes in gorilla pose i think his legs look too long. Im amazed at the rigging - im using Lightwave and we have nothing like those tools… just gotta wait for updates i suppose ! Thanks for shareing and keep up the good work :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

…animation :+1:

hey, i’m new to zbrush and this is one of the first topics i saw, all i can say is it absolutely blows me away! and i dont mean to be a bother, but what program are you using? i’m a total noob to anything and everything in this wonderful world of 3d… o, and do you really have to go that indepth with the bones and muscles for that one model? i can understand the muscles, but the bones? anyways, i think its amazing what you’ve done and cant wait to see where you go with it!

Wow, like a lot