ZBrushCentral

DWIII entry - Demon Invoker (nudity)

thank you for the support everyone

rubent100, I use standard, inflat, pinch, move brush without alpha. Sometimes Stitch with alpha for the snake scales, or mesh insert for feathers and chainmail.

Twitchmonkey, don’t be concerned man, I just started sculpting it :stuck_out_tongue:

small update.

[attach=89932]DemonInvoker_12c.JPG[/attach]

ok guys so there you have my update. This is a start of the level of detail I wanna achieve on external armor (check previous post, check concept).

Any crits?

[attach=89933]DemonInvoker_13.JPG[/attach]

Waw impressive!

really nice work i would like to see some different materials applied

First off, great work my friend!
I’m curious, can we see a wire frame? How are you getting that detail, through a bizillion polys or through normals/displacements?

thanks for the support everyone! I’m glad you like it.

DarkEdge, It’s all 100% modeled in Zbrush, but there are no gazillion polys man, I think average 500k max per subtool. My machine cna’t handle more than 3 or 4 milion polys per subtool.

gotta say the total is quite a lot tho, but Zmapper will take care of it for the game model.

edit: if u wanna understand the purpose of the design, check out the story in HERE

New update :slight_smile:

[attach=89934]DemonInvoker_14b.jpg[/attach]

It looks absolutely killer.
Didn’t mean anything by the poly count comment, you just have great detail happening.
Keep going, can you post a render once you convert to the game model too?

haha that is so wicked man. i dig it a lot. especially like the creepy chicks off to the side. nice! :smiley:

this is an interesting character but I think you can do more to break up the symmetry…the arm thing is a nice touch but its so shapeless it looks like an amorphous blob of bones and muscles which isn’t helping your silouhette very much. I like the way the leg amor flows into the stomach armor but i think her belt breaks the flow up too much and like the arm has a very uninteresting shape. I think if you didn’t mirror the legs and boots you would have a much stronger piece. It will be interesting to see how you texture this.

Thanks for replies! They have been veryu useful, mostly Luminous Anubis which was kinda harsh but gave some nice points, even if I obviosly couldnt do all of them (symmetry is kept on purpose because all of it hs to fit in a 2048).

here is today’s update. I think this can be considered 1st version. Tomorrow I’ll work on the weapon!

Also don’t forgrt to read the story if u wanna learn what this freaky armor is about…

[attach=89935]DemonInvoker_19_f_lq.jpg[/attach]

Now I think I understand what you were going for. The detail work is fantastic.

very nice detailed work! well executed. dont take this the wrong way but, the design is a bit weak in the sense that the huge arm would cause her to fall over.
unless she was the hulk. with high heels no less:) the arm detail is awesome but it seems a little blobby as mentioned in the previous post. work that silhouette. it seems to have all the same width like a sausage. almost things just insert meshed in cause its cool. i think it needs more planning. dont mean to be harsh but tou deserve a harsh crit because your a great artist! Rock on brother! im a big fan

My apologies for coming off harsh :cry:

I find that many people just beat around the bush when giving critiques so as not to offend and in doing so aren’t doing anyone any favors in terms of improving their piece.

I really like your update, the details are fantastic and everything from the legs up flows beautifully with your design. The one area that is bugging me a little here is her hair bun. I think some ornamental piece that matches the rest of her armor will really help balance your model and bring it all together.

Good work, keep it up the war is almost over!

You are a genious, I’m a fan of your design sculpts now. Top row when finished =). But how did you start on the gear? More specifically the leg guards. I saw how you worked the body piece from basic mesh, did you do the legs the same way also? Also, did you make the armor mesh straight out of Zbrush or a 3D package? I’m having difficulty designing armor for my characters and it seems you’re laughing at this technique when it comes to making this kind of stuff judging from the complexity i see in your sculpts.

amazing work buddy!! really great work

Alex Oliver

very impressive.:+1: . i like the giger style. what matrerial did you use for the armour stuff, is it a custom joby.

Waaaw!

Love the style, love the idea, love the details!
5 stars for sure and top row!:+1: :+1: :+1:

thanks for all the kind replies!! She won’t fall to the left because on the right we have another bigass shizzle. The completion of the artifact. Please read the story to find out more!

Any comments? I think It’s done, unless I find some issues when doing the lowres, of course hehe. Or someone points out something very important!!

[attach=89936]DemonInvoker_21_f_lq.jpg[/attach]

I cant see anything wrong with it. Looks really really nice. Love all the work on the “cape”? if thats what you would call it. whatever it is, its beautiful. Would love to see some close ups and different views.

The bits of hair coming off the scalp don’t really look too much like hair to me. Otherwise I like it a lot.