ZBrushCentral

DeathMetalDan's Thread

Thank you SloppyJostler… if that is your real name! :wink:

Here’s a sculpt I did of Jabba’s right-hand man Salacious Crumb. I believe this was for the Black Series Jabba the Hut that was sold at SDCC as a convention exclusive. Pretty cool to work on, I think I packed quite a bit of detail into him, for a figure that only measures 1.5" production scale. Also, as a side note, they took the elbow and wrist articulation out of the finished product, assuming to save costs. Anyways, enjoy! <3

hay Dan awesome stuff! Is there a special approach to articulating a figure? any tips would be appreciated.

Hey Brian :slight_smile: I like to work in different parts to keep each molded piece a separate part. I insert spheres or cylinders depending on the articulation I’m going for and work off of that. Usually I’ll keep a duplicate of the primitive object so I can use it as a boolean later if my sculpting goes outside of the range of motion area. It’s not really an exact science though, it’s something that you kind of learn with time and just from learning and figuring out how the articulation works in the first place. Hope that helps!

Started up a stylized Link for fun… Now he just needs hair and to not be completely naked. :smiley:

A little more done on Link, he now has hair and isn’t entirely naked… he has a hat. :slight_smile:

Basically just designing as I go, I have a good idea for the equipment I think, looking forward to implementing it on him! Enjoy :slight_smile:

love the design so far.can’t wait to see the final result.goodluck.;):wink:

Thanks Diablo! I’ll keep it updated when I get more time to do some work on him! :slight_smile:

I think Link is pretty good to go other than cloth sculpting and dat sword and board… Although I don’t know if I want to give his arms and legs a cloth layer or leave it like the super classic designs? what do you think? :smiley:

I am a huge zelda fan, and I think you’ve done a great job on Link. It’s very cool. I’d love to see it in motion, I think it’d look awesome.

Thank you, I’m glad you’re diggin’ him, I’m a huge Zelda fan aswell. I’m actually on vacation this week, and all I’ve been able to think about is wanting to finish him up! Haha. I’ll be updating as soon as I’m back hopefully. :slight_smile:

Hey Nice stylization, he lloks very cool! Nice job! :smiley:

Karytsukino - Hi! Thanks you for the compliments! Sorry I didn’t respond till now… for some reason my forum settings don’t notify me for my own thread! haha.

I initially wanted to make the swords stack on the Y-axis so you could see both (kinda like in The Witcher) but, after I was done sculpting them I realized unlike Geralt’s swords, Link’s are pretty chunky. So here’s the dilemma, do I stack them as I’ve shown here(If I do this I’m going to strap them together)? Or do I make separate renders on the final with a single sword and sheath?

Hey Guys! Pretty much done with the T-pose for Link, so this will be the last WIP hopefully (Finally!) I blocked in some polypainting on the face and hair, added the shield, mounted the swords with some strapping, made a rupee wallet, did the cloth sculpting, and made the chainmail. On to the posing and proper renders!

Hey!

First of all, I’m a huge fan of LoZ and you did a wonderful job. I love the details and proportions you gave him. But Just one thing I really don’t like is the piercing in the nose. PLEASE get ride of it! it does not fit to him. That’s all. :slight_smile:
I can’t wait to see the final render! Good job!

Hi Caroblop! Thanks, I’m glad you like him! I unfortunately didn’t see this until I already went through and rendered the final version! Hopefully you’ll still enjoy it, maybe I’ll make a separate one without it in the future. :slight_smile:

You guys/gals are probably sick of seeing this… but, I think it’s finally done! All sculpting done in Zbrush, render in Keyshot, and finished in Photoshop. I’ll upload other views soon, enjoy! :smiley:

Full Resolution on my site in the image. :slight_smile:

well congrats on finishing this piece.the result came put really nice.keep it up.;):wink: