ZBrushCentral

darxx's sketchbook

honestly i don’t think i can justify it as any specific dinosaur, it was mostly sculpted from imagination. :stuck_out_tongue:

hey there guys. I need to start seriously working on my anatomy, and would love some crit and opinions regarding my studies and practice sculpts. :slight_smile:fem bust.jpg

thank you very much,
Eric

Checking out your work and I like it. There is however a bumpiness to your work that can be smoothed out early on and throughout the sculpting process. Always be thinking about the forms of your models, how shadow rolls across their surface, the shapes of those shadows, and the texture of the surface. Nailing down your forms early on and expanding upon them will help push that silhouette, the overarching idea of the sculpt, and therefore reduce on the noise/bumpiness of detailing because you have the shapes already in place and the frame work to build upon.

Switching to weight and mass in posing, your tall and lanky alien creature design is neat and thoughtful, but again your idea can be further pushed by properly balancing it’s mass. So for instance, because it has such a beefy and weighted chest, it would rest further back in his pose, offset by a thrusting pelvis and curving legs that visually scoop up that weight and hold it firmly. Gravity is a constant downward force, so in a pose, weight should be balanced around that.

You’re a prolific sculptor. Keep slammin it out.

pc just froze on this screen. :o quite unfortunate because I hadn’t saved for quite some time at this point. DSC_0523s.jpg

thank you so much for the wonderful critique :slight_smile: really appreciate it :slight_smile:

BPR_Render.jpg

some updates: 2 new ring designs for shapeways.necroring.jpgskullring.jpg

ZBrush Document.jpg

Nice sketchbook - you are definently on the right track!
Needs a little anatomy study but keep it going, stay motivated and keep on posting and sculpting!
Looking forward to your progress buddy!
All the best and happy sculpting,

• Kenny =)

thanks man appreciate the comment. I’ll have a look at doing some more anatomy studies. I definitely need alot of work in that department.:slight_smile:2.jpg

sorry forgot about this one from some time in february.
skull.jpg

1h30 minutes i think. not quite sure. 1.jpg

this giant cranium habit needs to stop now… :o1.jpg

1.jpg

cool and creative work buddy, definently on the right way!:stuck_out_tongue:
Have fun zbrushing and stay motivated and you will improve your skills even more soon:)
Cheers,

• Kenny:)

@KC-Production: thanks man :slight_smile: good adviceZBrush Document.jpg

compss.jpg

I like your style making scales and grown/old skin, really nice! :+1:small_orange_diamond:)

@Sangius: Thank you :slight_smile:

So I’m working on getting a simple planar skull printed so I have a constant reminder of proportions and shape of the skull. Would love to hear some opinions on it before I do anything costly though :slight_smile: ZBrush Document.jpg

been a while since I’ve shared anything here. sorry bout that. been busy with internship at an animation studio here in SA. :stuck_out_tongue:

skull torso_2.jpg