ZBrushCentral

Darrick Pister's Zbrush Thread

In answer to your question, I’m working on a likeness to Botticelli’s Venus for what I hope to be my first major work in 3D. I hope the final product will involve an old-world beauty and grace in a 20th Century scene. I’ll start posting a work-in-progress thread sometime soon.

P.S. Thanks again for the matcap! I’ve been using it now for a half hour or so and I think it’s my new favourite! :+1:

Absolutely wonderful :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

The Ballistic Pixel Lab sounds like a great place to work. With all the variety, you have no chance to get bored. I cannot wait until I am out in the industry. I am just waiting for the day when I can see my name at the end of a game or movie on the credits. That day will be so incredible!

They are teaching Z brush now… but for my class they were the first to receive the class. So as you may know, when you start something new at full sail it isn’t the smoothest of classes. I hear it has turned into a great program now and the teacher, Tim Bowser, is awesome. When I went through though, it was a little sketchy on the zbrush but the lessons in edgeflow were worth their weight in gold. To tell you the truth, I didn’t really start using zbrush until this last January and since then I have have been in love with it.

I cannot wait to see it. I hope I am on when you post your work in progress. I am glad you are getting use out of the Matcap.

Blain91555 thanks for the comment and the 5 thumbs!:wink:

wow…i like “Three Graces”…very nice sculpting…detail it more and some skin movements…:+1: …Keep it up…
(i think middle one`s Pectoralis muscle is little big…its like breath?!)

You got it from me :slight_smile: Your work is awesome. Enjoyed visiting!

Thanks for the critique! I will go in and see what i can do about adding these changes.

Hey I am sorry for not remembering where i got that matcap from. Thanks again for it… it is one of my favorites! Thanks for the comment on my work!

I have been trying other poses for my horse. the other pose I was considering was the running pose that i previously posted. thanks for looking!

Horse_thumb_004.jpg

Attachments

Horse_full_004.jpg

Awesome and beautiful Zbrush art!

how much time of practice, i mean when was the time when you 1st started scultping? ur works are very great… and i’m just curious how much time does it take to get to ur level, im a flash developer and im discovering zbrush3, yes still discovering it for 2 months and i must say i found a new passion and i want to get better as fast as i can i my free time. There are so many things i don’t know, and there are tons of tutorials and i don’t know where or how to start or continue, im still a confused noob in this 3d issue, anyway congrats, i hope i can show good works myself.:+1:

To answer your question, I have really only been using zbrush since January of this year. I had some experience with it before but I hadn’t used it as a serious tool until January. As for getting up to a quality piece it is all in your artistic ability. If anything that will help an artist is traditional skills… drawing, sculpting painting. These skills will never leave you and will only help you to acheive your goals of a quality art piece. And the old saying of less is more will help you in zbrush sculpting. Some times an art piece is ruined by the detail you put in it. I hope this helped you…

Here is my latest sculpt in zbrush. I hope to finish it to put it on my demo reel but we’ll see. any comments and critiques are apprecated.

MyDancerFull.jpg

Very elegant pose! She does seem a bit squashed though vertically. And something seems off about the jaw line, although its hard to tell exactly what in the pose.

very nice pose indeed, i like the way you have executed this model. Now something about her proportions bothers me though, it might be the distance between her belly button and her genital area looks to long, which also might be high her leggs looks smaller to me. Just a thought not sure how accurate this can be depends on your reference as well. Cant wait to see an update and your stuff in the next DRC screening.

Very Cool Thread :+1:

I did a quick zsphere hand and posed it in this way to create dramatic creases in my flesh. Far from done but I have not been able to model in a while with my remaining classes and I needed to feel creative.

PisterHandFull.jpg

nice sculpting…the wrist on the right hand is is so life like, it looks real …nice one:+1:

love all your work. I totally love that horse want to take him home to my farm lol. really great hand sculpt too. keep going you are doing wonderfully.

Incredible work, darrick. yeah, what we learn in traditional art does transfer well to zbrush doesn’t it? I’ll be watching your thread, man. this is really some great stuff.

(couldn’t figure out the quote thingy. is it just a bracket QUOTE bracket bracket ENDQUOTE bracket tag? lol that sounds funny.)

Originally posted by Williamgallo
Now something about her proportions bothers me though, it might be the distance between her belly button and her genital area looks to long, which also might be high her leggs looks smaller to me. Just a thought not sure how accurate this can be depends on your reference as well.

I’m glad you put it that way, because I’ve actually known people that have bodies like that. I’ve seen crits like this alot here. Almost all are totally valid and I myself learn something from them and completely appreciate them, but sometimes our heads aren’t in the right place (no pun intended). What I mean is… not everyone is built like Daz’s Victoria, or any one of Stahlberg’s models …or whatever, etc,etc,. :wink: You know what I mean. is why I’m glad you said it the way you did. That’s awesome.

Cheers,

Chad