ZBrushCentral

Darrick Pister's Zbrush Thread

Missed this thread. Shure am glad I found it now :smiley: this is great work. The way you capture form is simply amazing. Keep postinā€™em.

Thanks for the compliments on my work! I am always trying to refine my work and get better. Right now I am touchingup the horse project and starting two others. I will be posting these in the future. Thanks again!

This is a shark that i started today. It is a work in progress so all critiques and comment are welcome and appreciated.

Shark1_full.jpg

Attachments

Shark2_full.jpg

Here is the update of my horse with texture.

Fantastic updates! The woman reminds of the 1950ā€™s glamour girl. The horse colors pretty cool and the shark is awesome.

Thanks for the comments! I have some other models in the works and will be posting them soon. Thanks again!

This is one of my assets for my demo reel. It is a sculpture that was originally done by Antonio Canova in 1817. All Critiques and comment are welcome. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed making it. :wink:

Also, I have larger versions of these same pics. If anyone would like me to post them just let me know. Thanks again!

3G_Ffull_lg.jpg

Attachments

3G_Bfull_sm.jpg

Thumb.jpg

I especially like the trio of woman, which I suppose comes from much the same set of references as the work I myself am currently developing.

The matcap looks much like the light brown clay matcap, but not quite. It seems as though it would make a really fine matcap for general sculpting. Could you make it available?

Im sorry but the second toe in the middle figure lets this piece down.~lolā€¦Yes Im just being a goof, top row stuff here!!Compliments!!

cal

Great work Darrick this is by far your best piece.

hey nice models first of all. dont you go to full sail? i go there as well i think i am in the class behind youā€¦ not sure tho. anyway its nice to see someone else from FS on here too. later,

-cory

Wow. I couldnā€™t respond at first because I had to pick my jaw up off of the keyboard.

Hey Darrick,

Great job! I absolutely love the sculpt of the three girls. You did an amazing job. Do you happen to have any screenshots of your Zsphere setup? Keep up the great work!

I saw in the previous post that you are a Full Sailā€™er along with Cory. I was in the very first CA class back in the day (2000). Definately nice to see you guys on the boards.

Thanks!

iImagine Thanks for the comment. As for the matcapā€¦ I am not sure where I found it but you are more than welcome to it. You mention your work and referencesā€¦ do you mind me asking what you are working on? (just interested)

calum5ZBā€¦ I have to say you had me going for a second there with the toe thing.:wink: Top row would be an awesoome honor. I could only hope to be good enough to be in that group. Thanks again for the comments!

Thanks for the comment! I guess I better get my other models up to par;)

Yeah I go to Full Sail! i just finished my first month of CAPā€¦ that means you must of finished ANP. SO what is your disipline? Modeling I am guessing since you are at zcental and all. Thanks for the compliments on my models! Hope to see you sometime at school. I am the guy with the cain or is it caneā€¦ I am such a terrible speller;) See ya

That has to be one of the best compliments that I have ever received! Thanks alot!

Jaidekā€¦ it is such a small world! It is so cool to meet people that have went to Full Sail. I only wish I knew about this school earlier so I could have took advatage of it sooner. But everything happens for a reason.

Thanks for the comments on my Three Graces Model! I do have the zsphere model still. I could probably put some screens up by tomorrow of how I set it up.

So what have you been up to since leaving Full Sailā€¦ or has it been too much to tell?

Hey Darrick,

Yeah, it sure is a small world! :slight_smile: As for my career after Full Sail, I have been busy. I have been working and living in Orlando since graduation. My first gig was at a studio called Visual Book Productions. I was there for about 2 years as one of their lead technical artists. It was a cool gig, did primarily asset creation and mocap sessions.

After that I went back to Full Sail as a lab instructor. I was there for about a year or so. Be very glad that you are at Full Sail now and not when I went through. :smiley: There is alot of stucture in the program now. When I went through we had photocopied Maya 1.0 manuals!

And for the last 4 years I have been at The Ballistic Pixel Lab working on everything from games (Lord of the Rings: Shadows of Angmar, Everquest, Frantix), medical animations / education and military simulations. Its a very cool little studio with a variety of projects that come through. Most of the guys that work their with me are Full Sail grads, so thats really cool too.

So are they officially teaching ZBrush at FS now?

Take care,