ZBrushCentral

Cesar Dacol Jr sketch book.

Hi All.
Ok had a few hours, yes took me longer to pose it than to block in.
I really have to find a solution for this. Love Dynamesh… but the loss of lower levels
causes me some headaches. I think I’ve got a pretty good workflow now though… which basically requires you to
re-project the Dyna mesh to a mesh with levels. If in production this will be your workflow any ways as you need to get the sculpt out.
As I write this it occurred to me that perhaps decimation might, “MIGHT”, be a way to also get around this issue.
Of course if you’re already working in a pose you don’t ave to worry about it.
Any how, retop is definitely the way to go for me in the future… for production that is.

• PaulZB, Thank you… Ah your way to kind, really… no speed here. Still just trying to find answers to questions ^__-
  • GregStrangis , Nice hearing from you, long time. Congrats on all the success… you’ve been doing some incredible work. Thanks on the color. The inside joke is this is my Purple Dinosaur. Can anyone say Barney. ^_____^
  • Kenshiro , Thank you Sir. Kind of you to say so.
  • TezZy , ^____^ here’s one.
  • cherub_rock, thank you. Went for the old Back to the future, Universal ride kind of Dino… Very Fantasy… Think there are enough Jurassic Park ones out there. Ha, ha, ha.
  • mutte696 , thank you, that’s the plan. ^______^

Thanks to everyone who dropped in rendering next.
cesar_dacol_jr_Dino_wip_014.jpg

This is GREAT! Thank you Sir, for taking the time!

Cesar,

Great work here! Thanks so much for sharing.

I’m guessing that the problem that you are running into has to do with the fact that you need to pose your model and it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to do this on a really hi resolution mesh. So you would like to drop it down to a lower subdivision level and pose and then push that up to the higher subdivision levels.

I’m sure you have tried this already but what if you clone your dynamesh model at the higher stage, then you drop the dynamesh resolution slider down and re dyna your model. Now take this mesh and turn dyna off (making it into just a low res geo cage.) Subdivide this mesh X amount of time and then project your cloned dyna mesh at the hi res state to this new mesh with sub d levels. Now you are ready to transpose your mesh at the lower sub d level.

I’m sure this is the process that you are already using, it does take you out of the dyna flow for a bit, maybe the Zcrew has a trick up their sleeves… if not now then perhaps sometime in the future.

With the creature I was building I was thinking that I should just use the dynamesh for the concept section, then at some point I need to freeze my geo and start really cranking on the polys to get extra detail, color and sub d levels for transposing.

This little workflow could be a method to avoid the whole retopo route and still give you all the pieces that you need to finish out your concept sculpt.

At any rate I really appreciate what you are sharing with us all! Great work!

Peace-NickZ. :slight_smile:

nickz, thanks buddy, long time no speak. Nice work BTW on the assets. ^____-
I did try that workflow and was modestly successful with it. Main issues I had was clean up from the re-projection.
Having said that though… thinking about it again. It certainly would work quite nicely for just concept stuff.
Very cool, thanks for that going to have to do another test… on the next sculpt ^___________^

RageNrock, My pleasure… I’m having fun. As long as time allows me to I will keep going.

Had to run some errands so haven’t gotten the chance to render.
So for now just a few snaps of the sculpt as it stands.

I have to admit that I’m still struggling with the rendering inside of Z.
I just never seem to get exactly what I want… so frustrating. But that’s good, means I’m learning.
Any how, I always do a mock size render to figure out what I’m going to do with it.
So this is the recipe for the final.
Think going to take a break from the rendering and do some sculpting, pushing dials around drains
my creativity… time to ramp up.
Listening to Bowie tonight, man I love his music. Probably the only celebrity that I would speechless in front of.

OK, so not sure where I’m going, exploring right now.
I was looking at some Chimp images today, in particular one standing erect and thought that stiff posture would
lend nicely to something. Threw in an extra joint in the legs to really force that posture. Also continuing with the theme long forearms…
but tiny digits / nails maybe… who knows at this point ^____^
cesar_dacol_jr_monster_01.jpgcesar_dacol_jr_monster_02.jpg

Hey Cesar!
Great seeing new works from you! I look forward to seeing more. I dont know if you remember me you taught me online through cgsociety.org almost 2 years ago… Cant believe its been that long. Im Adam Hensel haha that might help. Well anyways good to see a new thread from you!

The legs are too strong, will knock back the muscles… think frog.
Not sure whether those are ears or horns yet.
cesar_dacol_jr_monster_03.jpg

Sure of course Adam, good to her from you. Hope life has been treating you well.
Well, I’m going to call it a night, Wife’s birthday party this weekend, early rise to start prep for Sunday.
Always love seeing where things will take me sculpt wise. Kind of digging this guy, nice mix of soft and hard forms.
If time permits I’ll do a bit more tomorrow.
Night everyone.
cesar_dacol_jr_monster_04.jpg

Ok, now I’m going to sleep. Ha, ha, ha…
cesar_dacol_jr_monster_05.jpg

Hi buddy

always great too see your models … the dino modeling is just amazing

keep posting the progress of this new creature, buy the way can you share more about the last insetoid that you did together Ryan?

kind regards

abraço
wev

The dino is particularly awesome… This is again so wonderful and inspirational! Thank you.

Great Dino sculpt. Thumbs up!

Hi all.
Ryan Kingslien took my Dino sculpt and did a in depth analysis of it.
Pretty cool stuff, 30 min video, check it out.
http://www.creatureworkshops.com

locusta - thank you, I’m having fun doing it… Still going to put together the final image ^____-

SolidSnakexxx - My pleasure, glad you’re all enjoying t as much as I.
Wev - Great having you drop in buddy. More about the Alien? Specifically what would you like to see?

Later on tonight I’ll do some more work, today the rake outside beckons me. ^_____^

Really Really glad and happy to see you opening a sketchbook up in here.:)…I have always admired your work and teaching skills from your ZBRUSH Clasroom demo’s to your DVD…Sculpting Wrinkles in ZBRUSH…Inspirational on both counts…and now with the further teaching skilles of Ryan added to the mix as in that last posted demo…It’s like hitting a home run with all of the bases loaded.
Anyway, to cut it short…OUTSTANDING…:+1:small_orange_diamond:D
Thank You.:+1:

Nice job on the trex, I also did a trex. http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?142988-Matthew-Johnson-Sketchbook-demo-reel-wip&p=897247#post897247
I like what you did better in some parts of the head. I still have to texture mine. I’ll have to check out ZBworkshops befor doing so. really nice job!

-Matt

Slick looking Dino Cesar. I really like your color choices. Really cool shapes on the face as well.

Spent the day raking and cleaning outside. Good therapy ^____^
Sat down tonight and just finished off this little guy… calling him SMILE.
Sometimes in design you get it right away… other times it just takes doing lots and lots of sculpts.
I think I’ve worked this one into the ground, that’s OK. You learn from doing these quick sculpts.
Besides, I like the hands… new direction for me and will explore them in another design in the future I’m sure.

Bryan Wynia - Thanks man, glad you’re digging it ^____-

mattj324 - Nice rex Matt. You went in a different direction than mine. Mine’s more fantasy yours is in the real category.

SpiritDreamer - Wow, thanks for that. I think this will be cathartic. I do these and they never see the light of day. I’ll throw it all up on here good / bad whatever.
Should be really fun.

Wife’s birthday party tomorrow, no computer for me. ^____^ I’ll be back on monday catch you all then.
BTW, have I mentioned I’m having fun. To my friends out there, you know what I mean.
I really am, it’s been a tough year and really feel positively about this process.
Any how, Night all.
cesar_dacol_jr_monster_06.jpg

Thanks Cesar, your work is out of this world! say happy birth day to your wife from all the guys and gals that admire your work from chicago!

Thanks for sharing your too cool creatures Cesar!
Smile is really great! The shapes and proportions are harmonious at all levels :+1:
Happy birthday to your wife from France!
All the best :slight_smile: