ZBrushCentral

Cedric Seaut's Little Box

Simply amazing. Very inspiring. Thank you.

Very Cool Character Design!!

Bye

Technically, very well done, interesting characters and clean texturing, BUT the first two characters designs would never allow for mobility let alone combat. It’s obvious you went for the cool factor, but the real challenge comes from making these characters move in a believable manner while maintaining solid design. FRANCK especially would never be able to walk and ADAM would have a tough time as well.

Not to take away for all the praise you’re getting here or anything, just observations :slight_smile: Keep rockin.

Another inspiring artist on Zbrush Central! I love your characters.

`Adam

thanks a lot :slight_smile:
for japanese pieces, i took my inspiration in cowboy bebop… Europe is mainly under the japanese influence for a long time now. :slight_smile:

mahen_naidoo -> for baking stuff and so texturing, i use Xnormal… the best one so far and the faster.

selahpoetic -> yep was all the same for all the different pieces, i also use it at work.

Darksharp -> yep, it’s good to polypaint the topology first or you can easily screw up the topology otherwise.

lildragon -> it’s a good point but trust me i can make them move, i did far worst at work and there are always some tricks (for game i mean). :slight_smile:

Thanks.

I think what Lildragon meant was that would the Franck character start moving, the metal pieces would squash and stretch, braking the illusion of solid metal parts. Yes it can move, but to stay believable, it would need some re-work on the design.

But this doesn’t remove the fact that those are pretty cool pieces. Igor especially, is the icon of all the math teachers out there. Great work.

I would have to agree with Lildragon. Although good designs…the character wouldnt be able move around as much. Its always the struggle for artists to balance form over function. Good first pass though, but I would change up the joint areas and see what you could do to make them more functional.

Hum…Very interresting style and process !..I like it.:+1:

Love the style. I agree the movement would be tricky, if no impossible without cheating… but then what is visual fx/games without cheating? :smiley:

AMAZING!

Whats that style? some Steampunck… Androyds… argh!
I dont have words to say anything… this is amazing!
:grimacing:

Did you redo the topology in zbrush?? I’m assuming you did but I wasn’t for sure if you could polypaint the topology and take it into an app like silo and go over the retopology using the polypaint as guidelines… Does that make sense?

Well
Later
selah

Really really love ur work Ced. Same question here too,… retop work in Zbrush? Or did you export out the lowpoly with polypainting to a mesh and tex to color (color to texture,. I keep gettin those mixed up) and then cut?..

Beautiful work… I like the style of the last character very much.

great work :+1:

Could u plz share some rendering techniques of these works? such as the lighting setup and some material setup. I’m really interested in it.
Again, ur works are very awesome!!!

very nice process. love the characters.

Lovely designs and execution!
I don’t know if the movement thing is that important, probably more of a design aid than anything else. I think the hardest thing is to come up with designs that are exciting to look at and where that is conserned these pop real good. I especially admire the hard polishing, and the balance between hard and soft has been pulled of wonderfully.

Great work
Chris

Simply AWESOME Ced!!! :+1: :sunglasses:

awesome work, buddy.
think there’s tons of character to these. especially the last one.
always a pleasure to see your stuff.

-r

Brilliant work :slight_smile:

On your site you say
“thanks to Damien Canderle and David Giraud for their amazing Zbrush brushes.”

I’m curious, what do these brushes do?
And are they available on these forums (though I’m guessing not)?