ZBrushCentral

Carl's sketchbook

So i just started using Zbrush again and decided to continue where i left of with my anatomy studies. The helm is mainly there to hide the fact that i did not focus on the head. And the hands are not great, but i consider hands to be a study all by themselves. I’m not quite done yet but it’s getting there. Any advice on the anatomy or just comments in general are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Wow, this is great. There’s nothing wrong with the anatomy, it’s top notch. The hands are excellent too, the only issue is the way you’ve posed the fingers around the staff, the staff should probably be seated more into the palm, the fingers touching one another, the pinky at cross purposes and slightly behind the ring finger, and the thumb tighter around the staff and bending slightly onto the index finger.

But even that is nit-picking.

This is just good.

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Nice work. ;):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

@EricShawn

Thank you for taking the time to give some feedback. I will give the hand some more attention and try to follow your advice.

@Ghostman_

Tack så mycket :slight_smile:

Continued with this guy and made some accessories. First serious attempt at cloth sculpting doing the cape.
Any advice on how to improve that would be great.

Also first time rendering in Keyshot. Geting some strange reflections even tough the specularity is turned off.
Or maby it’s the shadow. Not quite sure. And the backround have some kind of “colour rings” that i cant get rid of.
If anyone could help me with these issues I would be very grateful.

Thanks for watching :slight_smile:

Quick alien bust sculpt.

Spent some more time in Keyshot trying to improve my renders. Awesome program.

Any critique and or feedback are as always appreciated.

alien_copyright.jpg

Love this character!!!

Thank you :slight_smile:

nice sculpt & very beautiful render.:+1::wink:

Thanks man :slight_smile:

Todays work. Did not turn out quite as i had imagined. But good enough to post i think.

Thanks for watching.

kiss2.jpg

Turned out great! I really like it. :slight_smile:

Thanks Ghostman :slight_smile:

fantastic work,
I have a silly question, can you do your UVs before transposing?
Or is it better to do it once your medel(s) are posed?

thanks,

Romano

Thank you Romano92120.

I’m no expert when it comes to UV mapping. But I think it depends on what you are going to use the model for.
If you’re going to animate or put it in a game engine i would imagine you should UV map before doing any rigging or posing.

In this instance the first thing i did was pose the base meshes and then did the sculpting.
Then i cleaned up the meshes with Zremesher, Projected, made UV’s and exported in to Keyshot.

I’m sure there are more efficient workflows and other users here on ZBC could give you a better answer.
But that’s what i did. Hope it helpes.

Thanks for watching :slight_smile:

Hey Carl,
thanks for your quick reply, that answear to my question,
I have a model with many subtools, I was thinking doing the UVs before using transpose master, but I will do them once the model is posed then.
good continuation :wink:

Cheers,

Romano

The character i’m currently working on is taking me ages o finish, so i tought i’d post a WIP of the gun that will go with the character in the mean time.

Comments and feedback are as always greatly appreciated.

M110 Sniper rifle

Gunwip.jpg

My latest work in progress. Still has a lot of unfinished areas to attend, but im taking a break from it right now and moving on to something else.
This one turned out to be the most challenging project yet. Lots of fun, but i think ill wait until my texturing and render skills catch up with the ideas i want to achieve.

Anyways, Comments and critique are as always very welcome.

Cheers.

very fantastic work man.hope you can finish it soon.good luck.:+1::wink:

Thank you Diablo :slight_smile: