Canvas Color Palette for zb3.5 and zb3.1.
Like many of you, I loved [marcus_civis' ZSwatch plugin](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=23194). As a scripting exercise I wanted to make my own version with a slightly different twist. [![ccp_ui.jpg|172x187](upload://kq5vyESD7pSt4gJvmnDOpQFLgBy.jpeg)]![ccp_screen_highlight.jpg|1020x930](upload://xiJ4fjAe08Lq8BJH2ySrU4MqeLz.jpeg)
Canvas Color Palette use:
- Using the left hand menu's color picker, or the color picker from the Color menu, select a color.
- Decide if you would like your palette on the top or bottom. Press your selection: "top" for top or "bot" for bottom. ( Note: zb3.5 will toggle between the selections, zb3.1 will not )
- Decide if you would like your palette on the left or right. Press your selection: "lf" for left or "rt" for right.
- Decide if you would like a horizontal or vertical palette. Press your selection: "hor" for horizontal or "vrt" for vertical.
- *Note* You only have to make the placement selections once, unless you would like to make another palette in a new location.
- Adjust the "Width" and "Height" sliders to the size patch you would like.
- Press one of the numbered buttons. Number "0" will place a color in the corner of the canvas, while "9" will place a color towards the middle of the canvas, but still on the edge.
- Place up to 10 colors in each palette location. "0" overlaps in each corner.
- As you paint, hover over a color you would like to use. Hit the "c" hotkey ( zb default ) to grab the color of your choice from any of your palettes and keep painting.
- The "Load" button pulls up a dialog box asking for a "zdt" file. If you have saved a palette previously, select it and your palette will load onto the canvas.
- The "Save" button pulls up a dialog box to save your current palette.
- *Note* I am using "zdt" because I found that extension in an example Zscript. I don't know if it is a valid ZBrush extension. It's worked for me so far....
- The "Clear" button clears the canvas. If you have anything else dropped to the canvas, it will clear that too. The active tool stays on the canvas. It also clears the memory, so you can start a fresh palette.
- Go to Preferences -> Custom UI -> Enable Customize
- Press and hold "ctrl"
- Drag and drop the button or slider to a new location
- Repeat for the other buttons and sliders
- Turn off Enable Customize
- Save your UI and Config
canvas_color_palette_1.0_3.5.zip (13.3 KB)