ZBrushCentral

Bryan Silva | doodles

HAHAHAHA, -WOODY- you crack me up. “Eating popcorn” We’ll see. Maybe I can find a way to incorporate him into the scene.

Jakakadave - You are FAR too kind. Thank you very much for the words of encouragement. Im glad you would even consider me on the same level as some of the guys I see post here. Im glad you like the smaller guy and would put your money on him. Thats what I was going for with his expression. A buddy of mine here at work has suggested I have his pose be more confident and relaxed. As to even further read, “You dont scare me.”

Not sure where Im going to take these guys from here but they are still wip. Please keep the crits and comments coming. I appreciate and rely on them all.

I really like the 2 guys. i think you can make the bigger guy more menacing by making him bigger. maybe bring his arms foward. So that the bigger character really surrounds the smaller guy. Just my take on the scene. dig the expressions :+1:

I might give that one a try Brett. Thanks for the crit. Heres something I been messing with this past weekend. Got all inspired by the Spartans that have been popping up around here and decided to do one myself. Heres a start. Oh and also if anyone has any idea where I might find reference of someone muscular in a pose with his arm raised in the air like this please tell me where to find it. I am having a hard time finding reference of it. And especially reference of this from the back. I feel like I am off on the deltoid and trap area of the back. I want the muscle to look correct in the pose. He will eventually have a sheild and sword and an outfit, but for now, heres the start:
wip01.jpg

Attachments

wip02.jpg

a small update:

wip03.jpg

Your sculpting is awesome,really enjoyed looking at your images here!Looking out for more from you ~cal

really amazing sculpts here!!!congratulations!!

Alex Oliver

if you could show use your workflow with the helmet brissals that would be awsome! :+1:

excellent detail.
i especially like the render on post #23

Paul

I love the little guy, he looks like he’s not impressed by the big guy’s spittle-throwing growlyness.

Could you show us some love and share that shiny orange mat?

hi,

i have the same question than raelnorth question

what is the orange material ?

Thanks

Thanks to all of you. I enjoy looking at your work as well. Alex your thread is full of inspiration. mphilip I used 3dsmax’s hair fx to make the helmet brissals. Do you have 3dsmax? If so I will write you up a little tutorial. RaelNorth & memling heres a couple matcaps to use. Oh and you have to fill the mesh with and orange color to get the shiny paint matcap to appear like this.(right-click the pic):
matcap.jpg

first one and 2nd one looks like zbrush central inspired hehe :smiley:

I’d like to see the tutorial on the hair. :slight_smile:

I’ll try an get that hair tutorial going soon. Heres another doodle. Trying for Danny Trejo likeness.

[img]http://www.bryansilva.com/images/danny_trejo/wip01.jpg[/img]

[trejo_thumb.jpg]
[
]

Thanks for the mats, Bryan! Really appreciated.

no problem. Matcap is such a great idea. I hope more artist share their matcaps.

thank you very much :slight_smile:

felicitations for the quality of your work

thks

Heres another shot of that head model Im working on. And also a picture of him incase you are not familiar with him.

[trejo_thumb.jpg]

Machete!

Great likeness!!!

Alex Oliver