ZBrushCentral

Bits n Bobs...

it´s really wonderful, really like fer face, composition, the clothes, colors are great too!
Eventhough the hair is very well groomed, it seems to be very frizzy, it looks like it is a curly hair that was straighted up. I have been struggling exaclty with the same issue when dealing with fibermesh(I think it is a fibermesh problem itself).

Hi All. A quick sculpt at work in between client feedback and getting out new playblasts! I was pretty happy with how this guy came out considering the time (Maybe about 4 hours all up, including comping!?!) Based on images of the toy (Commando Spawn), I like the ‘blocky’ style and simple colouring. He’s all Dynamesh and textured just using basic fills in Zbrush. Rendered layers in Zbrush and Comped in AE. Enjoy!

SPAWN_Clay_Small.jpgSPAWN_Color_Small.jpg

Attachments

SPAWN_Clay_Small.jpg

SPAWN_Color_Small.jpg

Nicer job and very clean with your Spawn sculpt. Keep up the good work!

mobotato, that would make an awesome 3d printed piece!!!
Great stuff;)

@ErnestoBaxter: Yeah, I’m finding it pretty tough to master! It seems whenever I try and groom it, it looks good from one angle, but looks terrible in another! I’ll try and find some more tutorials, me thinks!
@Bluudev: Cheers, mate.
@VFX artist: Thanks, Chief. The beauty of this is that there is no 3D print required! It already exists as an action figure!

Hey All. Here’s a little sculpt I started as a speed sculpt. It wasn’t really for anything, other than I happened upon the cover of the book ‘My Life as a White Trash Zombie’ and liked the image. I didn’t want to spend any more than a day on this and so started with a female base mesh. (I apologise, but I have since lost the name of who created the base mesh. I will look back through my old hard drive and see if it had a name associated originally!) While it took about 8 hours all up, it was during the course of about a week… an hour here… and hour there. The hair was done in fibermesh and was bugging the hell outta me so ended up as a rough Photoshop paint over. I really gotta spend more time on that tool!!! She turned out ok… Not quite as I had planned. Anyways, all sculpted, textured, lit, rendered in Zbrush. Comped in Photoshop. Enjoy!

WTZ_001.jpg

Attachments

WTZ_001.jpg

this one is awesome though, hair look great!, would you mind sharing the fibermesh settings?
when grooming, try to lower the value of the front collision tolerance in Brush pallete-fibermesh. It will make the whole difference

lose the cig, its retarded looking

Her hair style is Kicking. I like her :D;) n the wink is for her.

@ErnestoBaxter: Thanks, mate. I kept the setting fairly standard, to be honest, but boosted the segments up to 10. I will definitely try your suggestion on my next sculpt! Thanks!
@jeh in: Thanks for your feedback. I agree the cigarette is a little weird looking, but I was just following the reference pic! :wink:
@Flyboy_Ganesh: Thanks mate!

Hey All. Here is a little anatomy study I started yesterday. I am very aware that my anatomy knowledge is super basic and I am going to attempt to pick apart the body piece by piece. Hands have always troubled me so figured I’d begin here. I thought I’d try a sculpt using photo reference first, then go back and learn the actual bones/muscles of the hand and attempt a better sculpt at the end. That’s the theory, anyways. I also added a little step-by-step tutorial, as much for my benefit as anyone else who might find it useful! All up, about 3 hours work. All done in Zbrush and rendered passes using BPR. Comped in Photoshop. Enjoy!

Hand_Final_Image_001.jpg

Hand_Process_001.jpg

Attachments

Hand_Final_Image_001.jpg

Hand_Process_001.jpg

Hey All. Here is a little sculpt I’ve been working on here and there for the last week. It began as a 1.15 hour speed sculpt of a head, and I decided to build a helmet for him. One thing lead to another and Boom! I got myself an astronaut. He’s a work in progress… Nothing here is final. I have a few more attachments and cleanup to go. He’s all Dynamesh at the moment and hope to retopo him, and potentially animate him!?! I haven’t started texturing him yet either… these are just basic colours dropped on the tools. Everything was built in Zbrush, as well as rendering. Enjoy!

Head_for_Thread_01.jpg

Head_for_Thread_02.jpg

Attachments

Head_for_Thread_01.jpg

Head_for_Thread_02.jpg

Hey All. Here’s a little morning speed sculpt. Created from a Dynamesh sphere and done in about 1 hour and 30 minutes. I spent a bit longer colouring him up and rendering him in Zbrush. (Maybe about 3 hours all up, start to finish!?!) Enjoy!

Shazam_Compile_Small_01.jpg

Hey All! Here’s another speed sculpt based on the awesome concept art of the video game Brink. I did this guy in about 3 hours all up. The proportions of the characters are a lot of fun to play with. Started from a Dynamesh sphere and textured and rendered in Zbrush. Comped in After Effects. Enjoy!

BRINK_FINAL.jpg

Attachments

BRINK_FINAL.jpg

Hey All. Here’s a new sculpt I hope to finish AND animate! I have blocked out his full body, but only have his head rendered for now (the hat is basic stand-in geo for now). Built in Zbrush from a Dynamesh sphere, I originally began following reference of Mickey Mantle. I’m happy for him to have evolved from that and like the idea of a short animation showing some close-ups and swing shots. I don’t pride myself on character animation but would love to see him come to life, so we’ll see. Textured, lit and rendered in Zbrush. Comped in AE. Enjoy!

Baseball_Head_Render_Small_001.jpg

Hi All. My first post for a while. I came across an image of a UAZ van which I instantly loved. They are Russian made and referred to as a ‘loaf’ after their resemblance to a loaf of bread. Anyways, I started to think about a version in the not to distant future that had been adapted for a reconnaissance style purpose. I decided I’d continue my Zbrush hard surface learning, and chose speed over getting down to nitty-gritty details. So here she is… Main body made from a dynamesh cube, and snapped on a bunch of insert mesh brushes for things like the chassis (You might see some familiar ones from the likes of Bad King’s brushes, etc). The model took one day to build during a quiet day at work, and another day roughly textured in Zbrush, with final texturing done in Photoshop. The final render was done in Maya. I plan to use it in a super short animation for my reel, but don’t think it will be anywhere near as large as it is seen here, so some of the details might seem a little dodgy. Ha! Enjoy!

Van_Caf_002_Small.jpg

Here is a rough reference image of how I put this guy together. Dynamesh was instrumental in building this vehicle so quickly, and Zremesher allowed me to get it Maya ready in super quick time! (Once, this would have taken me a solid week to get the model out… Now I can do them in a day! Win!)

Van_Caf_REF_Small.jpg

Attachments

Van_Caf_REF_Small.jpg

Van_Caf_002_Small.jpg

yes very nice! Finally some vehicle stuff in Zbrush.

I think I will never get used to model those kind of things in zbrush :stuck_out_tongue:

Great atmospheric composition! Like.

really inspirational stuff :smiley: thanks for sharing

Sweet!!! a love the dust effects and lighting, the Car is well constructed, congrats!!!

Very cool. Kudos. I love to whole scene.

Ezra

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. @Polyhead90 - It’s amazing how dynamic Zbrush is these days. I never thought I’d be able to model a vehicle in Zbrush… Now I can’t imagine doing ANY 3D project without it as part of my workflow!