ZBrushCentral

Ape

Oh boy! A dvd of you at work … can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to seeing that! [happy dance]

Beautiful sculpt. :+1:

Another fantastic sculpt ! :smiley:

yes, you are and always will be the Lord of the Apes,no doubt
you ,did all best gorillas to the movies and now the best in CG

really great Rick
Alex Oliver

OH WOW! A Gnomon DVD??
I am really looking forward to that!

Recently I went to the San Diego Zoo. The apes there are amazing, they look so sad and so human. I see why they hold so much interest for you since each one had a personality which was instantly apparent looking at them. I havent been to the LA zoo yet but now I must go!

S

A Gnomon dvd, that’s great! I can’t wait to see what I can learn from it. :+1:

monstermaker,

Nice latest post. Looks slightly like a wide angle shot. The eyes look very real.

A DVD? What an unexpected suprise. Thank so very much. That would be fantastic.:+1: Looking forward to it.

I will follow this guys progress. What type of gorilla is he? Low-land or Mountain?

And, has he got a name yet, or will he forever remain just “APE”?

THERE’S A RICK BAKER GNOMON DVD COMING? WHEN WHEN WHEEEEN!?!?!

Btw, the eyes look a bit sad and cunning to me. But excellent skin, as always, monstermaker! :+1: :+1: :+1: Loves the darker render (2nd one best)

Hi, I had a frustrating time last night with a lot of crashes and my PC telling me that there wasn’t enough memory to render this bigger. It is probably just that I am not familar with the PC as I consider myself a Mac user. I had to use the PC to record the stuff for the DVD, speaking of which, There is no set time for a release date I just recording the stuff now and it is going to need a lot of editing. I have too much footage . Also I didn’t want this thread to be advertising the DVD in fact it really bugs me when people use this forum to advertise and now I have gone and done just that.
I also have a car that I am trying to sell if anyone is interested.
Anyways, here is last nights Modo render using the displacement and color map from ZB. It is lacking the sharpness of the detail that I get in ZB,I’ll work on that. The hair stubble is painted in PS. I’m going to try and paint a couple more color maps today and then transfer stuff to my Mac and see if I can get a bigger render.
Thanks for looking.
Oh I almost forgot ,I wasn’t going for any spacific type of ape . In fact that is why I just called it ape. I did this basically out of my head from memory, mainly as I’m doin it at home and all of my reff material is at my studio. I was thinking more Greystoke ape than spacific gorilla type. .ape29color.jpg

This stuff is just fun to look at, MM, thanks for sharing your work with us. I would think digital sculpts would be faster atleast for developemental designs and presentations, could you see yourself using it exclusively, and switch from clay? 50.

Also I didn’t want this thread to be advertising the DVD in fact it really bugs me when people use this forum to advertise and now I have gone and done just that.
Speaking for myself:

1. You have a customer for anything you produce in this program.
  2. I would rather hear it here from you than to read about it
    on another site somewhere.
  3. With the quality of work you have produced here, who better?
  4. If you tell us here we have a jump on all the others that will
    be ordering.
    Let others read the “out of stock” messages.
    Best of luck with it.

I love this ape, fantastic work! MM if your were trying to sell a car (EDIT: you did just that, man I’m slow :lol: ) or something using these forums, that would bug me. But you’re just letting people know about yet another tool we can use to help improve our skills in this wonderful program. You’re doing us a favor by letting us know about it, so thanks. :wink:

“When he gets in a scrape, he makes his escape, with the help of his friend, and ape named Ape” ~ George Of The Jungle Theme Song

monstermaker,
Nice color map. He’s progressing nicely. The Sclera coloring in the eyes looks quite good too from what I can see in this render.

I suppose if anyone could do an ape from memory this good it would definately be you. Actually kinda neat that your doing a digital one if you think about it.

Come to think about it, on that note, any thoughts for a full ape in the future? That would be cool too.:+1: (One thing at a time I suppose…)

Oh yea, how much do you want for the car :wink: (Kidding)

Hello Monstermaker:
I love your gorilla model.
Really beautifull individual. I like a lot the features(not like so much the modo render), I like all the detail of the Zbrush renders. SO beautifull done the pores textures.

Your ape remind me that if I´m lucky I will made a collection of 12 hominides for a Spanish museum. I will send you pix if finally I get the job.
All the best, and really excited you will make a dvd.
Arturo

Very evocative :sunglasses:

:+1: :+1: By all means, post info about your DVD.

Cool Ape! Which sub-species does not matter - call it the Baker Mountain Gorilla.

Hi Rick,
Great sculpt. Have you thought about/tried instancing a hair in modo for the fur?

Awesome Work. . .It’s great to see. . .as a relative newbie to this program I am looking forward to seeing all that it can do. I see no problem with letting people know in these forums of upcoming events and work in progress.

Can’t wait to see more. . .makes me think that I have to really put my head down and start concentrating on the nitty gritty and what I can do in such apps. Watching a DVD to know the production pipeline and workflow would be a great inspiration.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Looking forward to more. . .very inspiring. . .keep up the impressive work Mostermaker

How many miles? :wink:

I was wondering when you’d start an Ape.
Looking very cool!
Good luck on moving the Ferrari:lol:
Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

Hi ,I was able to get a slightly larger render out of Modo on my mac still not as large as I would like. It is not all that different than the last render but I thought that I’d post it anyways. Now I’m going to make some morph targets so I can get some expressions out of him.
WoodyLWG, No I haven’t thought of instancing the hair in Modo That would be a hell of a lot of instances As it is I’m having trouble getting it to render I guess I need more ram or something.

![apewhairfin.jpg|770x880](upload://qEuBPXltl9K2YYpU3e2tks7sKS6.jpeg)