ZBrushCentral

Announcing ZBrushCore

oh dear…
was looking forward to the announcement… hoping for a more affordable ‘indie’ version of zbrush suitable for game development.
Unfortunately it’s missing so many features that I simply don’t see a use for this program for me…as someone above stated it’s little better than Sculptris.

no auto retopo… no zspheres, no layers, no uv mapping, no mesh projection, no zmodeler, no shadowbox, basic polypaint, only 30 brushes ( dunno if you can edit them as much as normal zbrush)… really disappointing

NO ADVANCED BRUSH / STROKE CUSTOMIZATION… can’t import brushes from zbrush
and the big one…NO DECIMATION

no scripts or plugins.

I’m not sure who they are targeting with Core. Hobbyist who just want a go at sculpting have Sculptris… but this seems too bare bones to be of any use to anyone wanting to actually produce anything worthwhile.

perhaps I’m missing something but totally underwhelmed with Core.
I really don’t mean this as a bitchy comment as I’ve been a long time user of Zbrush, but 3DCoat keeps looking like the better option for people / studios on a budget. ( Zbrush is very reasonably priced tho compared to your Maya’s and Max’s)

my thoughts on the subject :slight_smile:

:pCouple of posts ago ) I said that it will be a a GAY version of zbrush
well seeing what you’re saying about its restrictions ))I can say that I was right ))))
Now zbrush developer team can proudly shout :

“First I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side
And I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
And I grew strong and I learned how to get along
And so you’re back from outer space
I just walked in to find you here with that look upon your face
I should have changed that stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I had known for just one second you’d be back to bother me
Oh, now go, walk out the door
Just turn around now 'cause you’re not welcome anymore
Weren’t you the one who tried to break me with goodbye?
Did you think I’d crumble, did you think I’d lay down and die?
Oh, no, not I, I will survive
For as long as I know how to love, I know I’ll stay alive
I’ve got all my life to live and I’ve got all my love to give
And I’ll survive, I will survive, hey, hey”

I wonder why dont you have rainbow icons among those I can use in messages

MasterBrush
Lol, keep calm man, otherwise they will ban you :D. Though I agree with you about ZCore. When I saw the announcement a first time I had really bad feeling about this and that we probably shouldn’t expect something good from it. And judging by people’s replies it looks like my intuition was right.
To be honest I was disappointed much earlier. When I was waiting for the fifth version and then realized that instead of fixing numerous issues existing for years (bad camera, 64 bits, broken layers for painting and bad texturing overall, poor UV management - just to name a few) they rather concentrated in making Zmodeller which is very weak and limited compare to good modeling softwares and pushing this dumb Keyshot as if it is the best rendering engine in the world.
I have being using Zbrush for a while but 3DCoat right now looks much more appealing to me.

I didnt get to see the Core presentation, but from the posts above it seems not to be such a good thing, did they mention the price? Was there any mention of Zbrush 5?

Dan

One word: Turing.

Gay does not equal bad.

pust delaiut ban ia ix rot ebal
i mamku toje ,
god jdal 5oi versii a oni xuinu vipustili … versia PiderCore nazivaetsa a ne zbrushCore
pust gadaiut chto ia tut napisal …

I’m actually okay with most of the limitations, but I don’t see any reference under the Export section of the info page to being able to export to anything - it seems to be all about 3D printing :-o

http://zbrushcore.com/features

That can’t be true can it? If so I need to get a refund on my pre-order immediately :-\

It does export OBJ.

Don’t indulge him. He just wants attention.

:+1:

:cry:

All ZB core info is here:
http://zbrushcore.com/

Is there an upgrade price to full version of ZBrush if you buy ZBrush Core?

Yes, you will be able to upgrade at a discounted price. Just how discounted remains to be determined.

All features in ZBrushCore are either already in ZBrush 4R7 or will be part of the free upgrade to 4R8. :slight_smile:

If you’ve been intimidated by ZBrush, have never dipped into the world of CG, are a hobbyist, are focused on 3D printing or just can’t afford ZBrush at this time then ZBrushCore is a great alternative. If you later decide that you want the professional feature set in ZBrush, there will be an upgrade path.

In other words, ZBrushCore is a solid application for general users or a stepping stone, depending on individual needs.

huge letdown

As a student, the labs at my university have the commercial versions of zbrush 4r7 installed on the machines. My concern however is, if I were to purchase zbrushcore, which will eventually be upgraded to the full version, will I be able to transfer my files back and forth between zbrushcore and zbrush 4r7 for in-class and out-of-class work? I understand the limitations of zbrushcore and I am willing to accept them, however if I am unable to transfer the files, then this may not work for me.

Right on! Thanks for the quick reply Aurick. As you mentioned exactly, its perfect for my situation and to get a bunch of new users on board. Better integration and handshake then Sculptris and Keyshot feature is an extra bonus. The only letdown is some people were expecting ZB5 and not because of Core. Its better to release v5 with the biggest bang then prematurely. Its worth the wait. Hope to be ready for that later.

One thing that is still very much unclear to me is if ZBrushCore will have any export (to obj?) options so it can be used as a companion to other apps, or if direct export to 3d printing services is the only option…

See the Import/Export section at http://zbrushcore.com/features

Doublé post…

Nice! This looks like a great stepping stone for people looking to get into ZBrush. Hopefully there will be a bunch of new training tutorials coming out that will be much more accessible due to their not having to cover a lot of the peripherary subjects in full zbrush. I would have given my left arm for something like this years ago when I was getting into this.

I feel the balance of what is left in and what is taken out looks to be about right though I’d like to have seen ZRemesher in there, even if it was just a 1 click version without any options, simply due to remeshing and reprojecting detail being such a classic of basic workflow (and thus a good foundation skill for training).

Still, a fantastic way in at a fifth of the price. If I didn’t already have full ZBrush I’d be raiding my bank account right about now.

Pixologic is pleased to offer special discounts for a limited time. ZBrushCore will receive a 20% discount for all pre-orders between now and its release on October 14. These savings are only available through the Pixologic store. Don’t miss it!