ZBrushCentral

An unusual Zbrushing....

Good morning to all Zbrushers…
I stared to use and understand the new BPR with the last features of R2 (can’t wait to try the next “b” update!) and
I have to say that the results are very,very good!It is also a very fast engine.I hope one day to see also the 2.5 D working
with BPR…Anyway here you are my doodling test…Organic semi-empty shape with BPR!.jpg

Attachments

Organic semi-empty shape with BPR!.jpg

Always beautiful work Francesco!
About BPR. Have you noticed that only one regular light can produce a ray tracing-like shadow casting? Assign a second one and it will be a mess. Meaning that multiple passes, combined in Ps as screen layers is the solution. Lightmaps, on the other hand are more matcaps-like. They don’t cast shadows on the mesh. On the background only. But are useful for a more GlobalIllumination trick.

Thank you Michalis,
fast as usual in answering on every forum…:D…
Yes,the solution of multipass working is for now the only one.
And the (quasi) global illumination is served…

In the next days I will post other rendering…

Hello, Interesting stuff you got here.
Your experiments reminds me a bit of Meats Meierhttp://www.3dartspace.com/?cat=3
http://meats.cgsociety.org/gallery/64362

Hello Mr Tiberius,by the way,you have an important ancient Latin “username”.
Thank you for posting and thank to link together my name with that one
of the G.M.M,the Great Meats Meier.This is a big honour for me :slight_smile:

It is a pity that he has practically stopped
to create his incredible 2.5 D masterpieces.

Anyway I continue to post my Zbrush images here,hoping
that sooner or later Pixiologic will update its “ancient” 2.5D rendering
engine with the new BPR’s features…Meanwhile I keeping my fingers crossed…

This is so beautiful! They should be made into physical sculptures and hung on walls like master pieces!

I’m trying to get a similar feel with my current project, I’m definitely got ways to go!

A strong example of the infinite potential of 2.5 D.I hope you like it!

It is a pity for the 500k limit.Sorry for some small jpeg artefacts.

Ok,now can start a petition by popular acclaim for a new rendering engine for pixols…
For polygons is super with BPR.But for “old"Best render”?Please do not abandon pixols!
It is not an accident that Pixologic is called Pixol-logic :wink:
.Uccello regina tecno bio 1 sml.jpg

Attachments

Uccello regina tecno bio 1 sml.jpg

yes i do like. a really strong creation. beautiful

Hi Francisco,

Thanks for the message! I would love to be in touch. Your work is amazing … I am in awe of your talent! :smiley:

I really love the 2.5D capability of Zbrush. Perhaps the update will allow BPR with 2.5D that would be awesome!

All the best for the Holidays and wishing you a Healthy and Joyous New Year! David

I have not been at your post for some time. Truely amazing how you keep churning these neat ‘futuristic like’ master pieces. Love em, just love em. Best and happy holidays Francesco.

@Psycho-Designs
@kokoro
@chalkman
@Dragon

Thank you so much for you kind words!

Hey Francesco…Great to see that you haven’t lost your touch…A real pleasure going through your thread this morning…Amazing…Full of Lifes organic energy…in motion…:+1:small_orange_diamond:)
Hope you and Yours have a Great Christmas, and an even Greater New Year ahead…Keep Inspired and Inspiring…:+1:small_orange_diamond:)
Glenn

I vote for that new pixols rendering engine!

OK,thank you for your vote.Come one!Who else want new pixols rendering engine??

Great last one Francesco !
A new pixols render engine? To do what? A shadow casting for instance? A ray tracer? Is it possible?

Hey,hello dear Michalis!
Thank for the comment!
Concerning my "petition"about a new pixol rendering engine is for have a BETTER ANTIALIASING (terrible
the in the classical BEST RENDER mode),an ambient occlusion,a SSS and some more features
that now are only for BPR.For pure ray tracing I don’t think that could be possible implement;true reflection
and refraction…a nightmare (I suppose)of every rendering software developer…especially from a 2.5D model…

I don’t know if could be possible have all this in the 2.5 D pixol world…But I am optimist for the future…
Maybe a solution could be to "convert"the pixol in polygons (the opposite
process when we drop an object in the ZB canvas)but don’t know how.It would be a sort of resuscitation of polygons!
From ash to ash and from pixol to n-gon…:bulb:
!

I forgot the AA issue! Indeed, pixo could do something. I thought that a kind of reflection existed in best renderer. A true reflection? No. As for dropping to 3d canvas, a relief is all you can expect. A projection of a depth mask, what else?
I think that the solution could be a direct 3d modeling on a 64 bit Zb build. We’ll see. Soon I hope. Before the end of the world (2012). :lol: Till then, a big merry christmas Francesco.

Thank you everybody for the Merry Christmas…

Meanwhile here you are another great example of huge detailed 2.5 D image.Billions of polygons fixed on canvas…

Pixol for ever :slight_smile:

It was also very funny to create.

Wasted world with bio-life RENDERED 1.jpg

Attachments

Wasted world with bio-life RENDERED 1.jpg

ABSOLUTELY. BPR is awesome, but somehow it makes me worry they will eventually lose the 2.5D canvas.
PLEASE DON’T LET THAT HAPPEN!!!

I am quite sure we can find some surprises concerning the 2.5 D in one year or less :slight_smile: