ZBrushCentral

Almost Monday Night Challenge 5/14-5/24

This is a pretty ambitious project for me as I have no idea how to complete it. I am sure I will learn alot along the way.
Any tips on modeling realism in ZB would be appreciated. I am also experimenting with creating the basic mesh in MAYA and importing to ZB fordetails and painting frank.jpg .

What a brilliant idea! Of course! Mug-shots! You have already learnt the most important lesson … the one no-one can teach you … to think laterally. Your success is assured. Now all you gotta do is master the tools, and that’s just time and application.

Couple of tips that might help. Concentrate on the defining characteristics of the target, much like a caricaturist does (spelling checked!), and make sure the basic shapes are right at each sub-d level before going up to the next level. And save often! Good luck.:smiley:

It’s very good.:slight_smile:
K.L. ? - I think you mean Keanu Reeves ?!

Thank you Arts.
I had made a mistake in the spelling of that name. :o
I changed R into L in the text.

This Flat vergion. celebrity1.jpg
Everyone thank you for comments.

Thanks! I found a bunch of celebrity mug shots at smoking gun.com

Frank Zappa…WIP

Attachments

Frank Zappa.jpg

[ATT=11988+thumb]Frank Zappathumb.jpg[/ATT]

Attachments

Frank Zappathumb.jpg

An excellent looking Frank! :+1:

Great Googly Moogly, that’s a fine Zappa…

Oh, and don’t eat the yellow snow…

Dickie

Too funny…Honeypie

I was just listening to Frank Zappa reading out loud the “Talking A**hole” from the Naked Lunch when I came online just now.

Good likeness…brings back alot of party memories I have to say!:smiley:

Started again, better this time, Learning so much along the way. I should back to the manual and learn about modling with Z-balls but instead “I did it myyyyyyy waaaayyyyy…”

frank2.jpg

Yes … the mesh has a good natural flow to it. Don’t forget to introduce edgeloops for the eye areas and to extrude some geometry for the ears, before the mesh gets too dense. :+1:

The mug shot idea was a false lead, unfortunately. All the ones I could find on-line were far too small to be of much practical use. And most of the interesting ones were ‘face on’ only … no side views. Shame.

Moochie,
Thanks for the tips.
I got mine at http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/index.html
The older ones tend to have front and side shots while the new ones do not. I agree the detail is not great but still a usefull reference.

This is my first attempt at Portaiture/realism in CG. Based on Moochie’s reminder, I scrapped my last head and started again at a lower resolution. This one is closer than ever. It is as far as I can go without giving up symetry. This guys face was all cockeyed! So Now I will begin to capture all the asymetry.

frank3.jpg

Not suggesting police brutality, are ya?

Looking good. How are you planning to tackle the hair? :+1:

I have no idea how I will do the hair… I will probaly try a few different ways. Rendered, sculpted or one of those cool zbrushes!

He does look a little like Lee harvey Oswald post arrest… The eyes should be less puffy by the time I am done. But overall, I think the guy just had a weird head.

I would love to find out how to create pores and lines as well as how to do eyelids. Shearch around but have not found the right stuff yet…

frank4.jpg

Attachments

frank5.jpg

Pores and wrinkles and lines … get the mesh as dense as your computer can stand it (you’ll know when you go too far, cos ZB will crash). Drop the model in Projection Master and use some nice alphas. There was an earlier Challenge all about alphas and you’ll find loads of generously donated freebies there. Good luck … the blue eyed, weird head is looking good.

Cool, it’s coming! Do not hesitate to use other faces refs, to see other relief inofrmations, because this photo is not the best… find other pics of him on google…
Good work!!

I learned a lot with this head, but I am getting tired of it. I may come back to it once I assimilate the new skills but feel an urge to make some monsters first!
frank8.jpg

Attachments

sinatramug.jpg

Wise move … all models have a shelf-life. Once you start to get bored with one, or have wrung as much as you can learn out of it, it’s time to move on. Frank looks really good, and it was cool to see how you developed the project. Look forward to seeing what you come up with next.