ZBrushCentral

Alien Challenge

@ pride
how many polys does you character have ?

wammer, I think the model is [at 6 subdiv] about 1.2+mill.
Computer is out of action temporarily…:mad:

Pride

Take some “pride” in this piece, the skin texture look great. I like the black eyes too. Good work.

Hi everyone, I am back from a seemingly looong weekend and I’m glad to see this challenge is still moving forward…good to see! Keep up the enthusiasm and I can’t wait to see more.

To all: If possible, it would be great if anyone was interested in offering there lighting and/or materials. I know many people are interested in them and love the results they are seeing. Don’t worry, it’s only optional…but you’ll be making so many drooling onlookers soooo happy!

Uh oh …looks like the thread stalled. Any updates in progress?..Anyone?

A special thanks goes out to marcus_civis for the gruelling task of fixing the hole in my mesh and the painful task of trying to make my Mac recognize his PC fix. Many thanks to you. This is just another testiment of how cool the ZBcommunity is. Thanks Marcus…I hope to free up some time to start working on it again.

here it is…
[attach=47671]meualien.JPG[/attach]

Attachments

meualien.JPG

ok i took some time to work on the skin of my little fellow

i just worked on some parts but i’ll post what i got so far … who knows when i will go on ^^

[v02.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘49382’,‘v02.jpg’,1,0))

Sorry, but that’s a redundant statement :slight_smile:

~Mike D.

wammerl

Dude, he looks really cool. Sorry it took so long to reply but I’ve been on vacation w/o internet access.

thx
and i’ll definitely finish him
just need to take time

Can’t wait to see the final results!!!

thanx for the ztool! after some tweaking at the lowest res it became pretty apparent to me, what i wanted. this is my first attempt at a realistic face, enough surreal junk for me. found some great vids to help, and i got this

i really like it. still need to use the projection master on it though, for neck wrinkles, then i’ll do a texture.

hehe
i definitely like him
the face looks quite real
but i don’t like the ears … i think they are a bit to big and the structure / forms should be a bit finer

but nevertheless a great sculpt

thanx, they do seem to not really fit, i’ll see what i can do, but yea, thanx for the crits.

here is an update. done with the modeling, just testing a color scheme. how are the ears now? sharper details, but i wanted them about the same size.
alien_render.jpg

Looks good.
:large_orange_diamond: The sharpness of the mouth is nicley defined.
:large_orange_diamond: also i like the cavity contours

it’s definitely an improvement :+1:
but i still think the ears are the weakest part of this character… but that’s because the rest is really great
don’t know whether even more ear-detail would be overdone…??

keep going

thanx, but i ran into a problem. my ztl seems to be corrupt. go to the questions and troubleshooting and read my post there. i will need someones help if i’m going to be able to even continue.

i wasnt able to fix the problem, so i just kept texturing with only one res level. i lost the material i made yesterday so i had to redo that. also need to fix the seams, but they arent that noticeable until u get close.
alien_fin_1.jpg

Attachments

alien_fin_2.jpg

alien_fin_3.jpg

sorry to hear about the corruption, =\
looks good though, i like the eyesocket-nostril integration you’ve done.