ZBrushCentral

afisher's Sketchbook

Gorgeous work!

This is amazing work. Your works were among first to inspire me since I starded 3d stuff:) Follow your work since then

Ohhh top row :smiley: Congrats sir!:+1:

Wow, thanks so much for the Top Row honors!

And thanks to everyone for the kind words, I really appreciate all the support :slight_smile:

Synn: Thanks, what vray settings do you want to know. The render settings or a particular material setting?

Ouran: Thanks Vincent. Glad you said that. I tried to make a character that felt like she had her own story going on.

EugeneP: Thanks a lot Eugene :slight_smile:

Just the general settings and light set up if you have the time.

very nice mate :+1:

Beautiful work…

I just did a little write up I did for texturing XYZ for anyone interested. I was asked to go over some of my workflow using the XYZ maps. Hope someone finds it helpful.

Synn: For the lighting setup I used one main light to the right and a soft fill light to the left, with 3 lights for a back rim light effect.
Pendraia and nightwoodwolf: thanks a lot :slight_smile:

I wanted to update my thread with a couple of projects.
Here’s a Phoenix Force Magik Collectible Statue created for a private commision that I finished a little while ago. Sculpted and rendered in Zbrush.

af_Magik_no_horns_front.jpg
af_Magik_horns_front.jpg
af_Magik_horns_back.jpg
af_ZB_Magik_no_horns.jpg
af_ZB_Magik_horns.jpg

Attachments

af_Magik_no_horns_front.jpg

af_Magik_horns_front.jpg

af_Magik_horns_back.jpg

af_ZB_Magik_no_horns.jpg

af_ZB_Magik_horns.jpg

Here’s a sculpt of the Man In Black (Ed Harris) from Westworld that I finished recently. I love the show and the character, so thought it would be a fun challenge.
Sculpted in Zbrush and rendered in Keyshot. The base clothing was created in Marvelous Designer.
I’ve also recorded a timelapse of most of my process in Zbrush. Some parts are a little jittery, due to me constantly checking out how it’s looking from different angles. Hope you like it. Thanks!

Attachments

1 Like

Here’s a personal project I recently made time to finish. I started this project a while ago and it has gone through a few iterations. I was aiming for a heroic sci fi character with a slightly stylized realism look to him.
Sculpted in Zbrush. The shirt base was created in Marvelous Designer and refined in Zbrush. Texturing was done in Substance Painter. The hair cards were created using Xgen and Maya. Real time version rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 3. Sculpt rendered in Keyshot.
Cheers!

vanguard_01.jpg
vanguard_02.jpg
vanguard_03.jpg
vanguard_04.jpg
vanguard_05.jpg
afisher_vanguard_hp_01.jpg
afisher_vanguard_hp_02.jpg
afisher_vanguard_hp_04.jpg
afisher_vanguard_hp_03.jpg
afisher_vanguard_zb_02.jpg
afisher_vanguard_zb_01.jpg

Attachments

afisher_vanguard_hp_01.jpg

afisher_vanguard_hp_02.jpg

afisher_vanguard_hp_04.jpg

afisher_vanguard_hp_03.jpg

afisher_vanguard_zb_02.jpg

afisher_vanguard_zb_01.jpg

Hey guys, here’s some shots of the Dark Knight statue I worked on with Prime 1, based on the amazing artwork of Gabrielle Dell’Otto. It was a dream project to be a part of, getting to work on such an iconic version of Batman.
The initial art direction and concept sculpt was done by Pablo Viggiano, with Creative/Art Direction from Johnny Pham. As usual, the production and paint team did an amazing job with it. I hope you guys like it!
Thanks!

01_02-mmdcdk3-01dx_a02.jpg
01_04_mmdcdk3-01dx_a07.jpg
02_08mmdcdk3-01dx_b20.jpg
02_01mmdcdk3-01dx_a09.jpg
mmdcdk3-01dx_b24.jpg
mmdcdk3-01dx_b10.jpg
02_05mmdcdk3-01dx_b33.jpg
02_04mmdcdk3-01dx_b32.jpg
02_03mmdcdk3-01dx_a20.jpg
02_02_05mmdcdk3-01dx_b23.jpg

Attachments

Really great sculpt and statue Adam :+1:

Love Batman work.:+1:

Hey Adam! Amazing work as always, your stuff is such an inspiration.

I’ve been watching your timelapses to learn from your technique, and I had one question about your insert hair mesh on The Brute. From the timelapse, it looks like you’ve created an insert mesh and then you lay it in on your sculpt - but you are able to keep the new strands as a new subtool and easily mask/unmask individual strands (are they each getting one polygroup?) - I was wondering if you’d be willing to share some details on how you handle masking that and adjusting individual strands so quickly? I tried to mimic the technique, but when using an insert mesh (I created a custom strand), once I place the second one, I lose the mask on the first one (and it doesn’t get it’s own polygroup) - but I don’t have a ton of experience with IMM brushes so I might just be doing something wrong. Anything you can share would be so appreciated!
Thank you!

G-Rod: Thanks!
BhushanArekar: I just used polygroups. So after I placed the IMM hair strands I would use autogroups to assign each strand as a polygroup. I would also create a polygroup out of several hair strands to create clumps and duplicate them around. Hope that helps!

Hey everyone,
I wanted to share some renders of the Prime 1 Dark Knight project I posted above. These renders were done in Keyshot, sent straight from Zbrush. Thanks!

afisher_TDK_grappling_01.jpg
afisher_TDK_grappling_02.jpg
afisher_TDK_grappling_04.jpg
afisher_TDK_grappling_03.jpg
afisher_TDK_grappling_05.jpg
afisher_TDK_rifle_01.jpg
afisher_TDK_rifle_02.jpg
afisher_TDK_rifle_04.jpg
afisher_TDK_rifle_03.jpg
afisher_TDK_rifle_05.jpgafisher_TDK_head_01.jpgafisher_TDK_head_02.jpg

Attachments

afisher_TDK_grappling_01.jpg

afisher_TDK_grappling_02.jpg

afisher_TDK_grappling_04.jpg

afisher_TDK_grappling_03.jpg

afisher_TDK_grappling_05.jpg

afisher_TDK_rifle_01.jpg

afisher_TDK_rifle_02.jpg

afisher_TDK_rifle_04.jpg

afisher_TDK_rifle_03.jpg

afisher_TDK_rifle_05.jpg

afisher_TDK_head_01.jpg

afisher_TDK_head_02.jpg

And here are some shots from zbrush. Hope you like it!

afisher_TDK_zb_01.jpg
afisher_TDK_zb_02.jpg
afisher_TDK_zb_face_01.jpg
afisher_TDK_zb_face_02.jpg
afisher_TDK_zb_face_03.jpg

Attachments

afisher_TDK_zb_01.jpg

afisher_TDK_zb_02.jpg

afisher_TDK_zb_face_01.jpg

afisher_TDK_zb_face_02.jpg

afisher_TDK_zb_face_03.jpg

2 Likes