ZBrushCentral

3D Print for Toys

Thanks Sshark…wonderful article…everyone should read it

Yoshisama, you rock! I love your work. Terada Katsuya is pretty damn great too!!!:lol:

We provide proffesional services and some of the Highest Quality at competetive rates.
some of our work has involved Marvel, Bungee, the Simpsons, Family guy and much more.
just check out the link at the bottom.
http://www.wickedresin.com/shop/pc/viewcontent.asp?idpage=5

I went to this page but it looks very much like just a 3D scanner to me?

here’s 1 of the cheapest printers on the market:
www.nextengine.com
interesting technique

Forget that last post, it was refering to the above web site, which was a thread about 3 pages back. I’m new here.

Anyway, what with all this talk on 3D Printing I thought I would post up a photo of a print I made on a Perfactory mini machine. Slice layer thickness was 25 microns and x and y axis was also 25 microns. You do the conversion.
CAD model was scanned from a near life sized bronze.

Attachments

Fairy-Head-Perfactory.jpg

It’s definitely a printer niborreeb.

Hi niborreeb

That girl’s head looks really good, that was a Perfactory machine?What kind of post work was done to it, it has a coat of black paint, but was anything else done before that?

Also, what are the nicks on it, like around the eyebrow?

This is probably the highest quality print I’ve seen so far.

Hi Pigumon

In answer to you’re questions:

No post work was done on the model except from support removal.
This photo is of the model straight off the machine in it’s raw state.
The resin colour is a dark red.
It’s just a pity there is little support in USA for Perfactory.

Cheers

I assumed at least there was some paint over the translucent print.

That’s really amazing!!!

Yeah it’s too bad, the dollar is weak and shipping costs are high from Europe. I think eve worse from the U.K. since the pound is even stronger.

But at least to know the tech is advancing, is nice.

Which service bureau did you use? Maybe I should contact them.
I’ve been talking to others in this thread and other threads to get sample.
Everyone’s being very nice about it.
:smiley:

Oh I just realized I just got an email from Perfactory’s (EnvisionTEC) rep in the U.S.
I’ll have to give him a call! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Yeh, Pigumon,

That’s good news that you found a rep in USA.
The figure head I posted was made by an RP company called camodels in UK,
and the cost was quite reasonable.

Anyway, I hope that you make you’re scultps come alive one day. It’s a great
feeling to hold it in you’re hand rather than see it on a computer screen all the time.

Good Luck.

Yeah I can’t wait to try it.
I’ve always hand sculpted my stuff from sketches, and more recently I’ve gone from sketch to 3D model to hand sculpt.

So I’m really interested to see how much time I’ll save not doing it by hand.

I’d imagine having it in hand is about the same as finishing a hand sculpt, it’s just a great feeling to see it there in front of you (almost as good as a nude woman??? :o hmm no not really…). :lol:

Now that the quality has been achieved, the cost is my next concern. It costs me about $2 to sculpt by hand, as opposed to the hundreds of dollars for a print. But hopefully that’ll come down in time.

hi mike ,this is kamal I send you emails about the model master cnc mill that you want to sale .if you still have it for sale let me know please my phone is 404 324 2240 and my email is sidikam99@yahoo.com .thank you

Love the toys, simply the cutest stuff I´ve seen in a long time.

How many units do you get out of one mold before it breaks?

wow goood stuff.

if you ever had the need for a 3d print we would be happy to help. we offer prints off our projet 3000hd plus machine that we feel is perfect for printing zbrush models to the highest standard.
We feel our service is fair and competitive, and dont worry about a model being “watertight” we can sort that :wink:

being a prototyping company we also offer a range of PU resin casting services.

please feel free to have a look at our website http://www.pdmodels.co.uk/

take care guys

ele.JPG