ZBrushCentral

3D mouse Spacenavigator

or at least an explanation as to why we are being ignored.

come on guys, how long could it really take and where would be the harm in adding this function in

:frowning:

Yes! This NEED’s to happen ASAP.

tshirthell,Redbubble coupon code,spreadshirt review,threadless uk,Teepublic,Teespring coupon code,Teefury review,80stees

Guys sorry, but your REQUEST will never take serous. (IMHO)

Just take a look on the start date 12-13-10 and until now there is NO INFO AT ALL !!!

I Pixologic would like to really listen the user they will support this device.

Lets make a CALL to Pixologic !
@ Pixologic,
If you really want to change something and you mean SERIOUS!!³ contact me.
I know one guy how can program the Plug-In for you.

He has really experience doing this.
I know because I work with him and actually the company where he works also have a 2,5 D space.

So that is the reason I know that this Plug-In can be done 100%
Even if the High Guys at Pixologic they say no. Yes it is possible and also in a 2,5 D Space !!!

Feel free to send me a PM if you are SERIOUS on this topic and you want to create this Plug-In for us- the users.

I know Pixologic do always changes, but this 3dconnexion issue is really needed.

The Space Navigator is a fabulous tool that would add so much to ZBrush!

Don’t forget the Mac also.

~ Russ

Please :smiley:

Yes Please, I use my 3DConnexion mouse on all my other CAD software. It would be great to use on ZB. Even cooler if I could program the buttons to work in ZB too. I imagine the day when I can spin the model with my left hand while carving with my right.

LOL ? this is still not supported - kind of shocking…

I am done waiting for 3D mouse support from ZBrush. I have spoken to many colleagues about this also and they have all left ZBrush behind also. Onto a software that listens to its base.

Still doesn’t seem to be supported in zbrush 2018?

OK, no sale.

I guess this thread needs also a different point of view.
My 3dconnexion nipple is lying unplugged around, waiting to be sold on ebay, as so many others are frequently sold there.
I bought it, as I had to work with a software, where developers weren’t able to program a decent mouse navigation. Here I see a use for that thing.

Practically I don’t see it as a very useful tool for zbrush.
Sure you can navigate with one hand and sculpt with another, what sounds very cool.
But for zBrush, one need at least STRG, ALT & CTRL - best one free hand on keyboard for a really fast workflow.
You have two buttons on your pen, but can’t use them both at a time, regardless the pen handling, while pressing a key.
This standard 3Dconnexion nipple has two buttons - one missing - and what about navigating while pressing two buttons at this 3Dconnexion nipple? So in fact, you have to switch between the nipple and the keyboard. This happens out of your working focus. That means you have to look if your hand is now on the right keys, instead of having the hand rested on the keyboard, able to use keys without looking.

To be honest - navigation in zBrush is not my top fav. but it is very well planned to be used with a pen only.
I mostly use the “Middle Mouse Button” script with mousewheel support, and use a pen only when it is really about to sculpt.
There I have four buttons (STRG+ALT+SHIFT+SPACE) on my Cintiq and a slider for zoom. Which is nice as I can reach almost everything. Navigation can be done perfectly via those keys and the pen, without loosing focus. If I would use zBrush on a daily basis, my left hand would rest on the keyboard, knowing all shortcuts.
This is the formula one way.

I am really open to any kind of technology, hopping before a kinect, making magic hand moves before the leap. I spent ages to learn alternative methods, macros, bla bla bla - which saved me finally seconds.

Whatever it is, no support for a 3Dconnexion nipple is not a game changer, it is not really speeding you up, as you never learn a decent and really effective zBrush workflow.
That is my personal opinion from a pretty old navigation tester.
Maybe I am just to stupid to use this nipple - but I can fly an acrobatic RC airplane - which is, well a little bit more sophisticated to use than this 3Dconnexion tool.
If you have a 3Dconnexion pro it might be different.
Still you’ll never learn the real thing and as as soon as you are on your laptop…

So if it once will be supported, I would be very interested to hear how much your workflow is finally faster. Not to buy zBrush because of missing support is, well - different.

Next step is spending 12h with VR googles and zBrush, trying not to vomit all day long.

Nop!
Looks like there is NO support on this one.

Is sooooo annoying how both companies can’t agree in something that can needs every one.

I’m tired to wait!
The combination of buttons to navigate in ZBrush is soooo confusing.
And by touching the model you will start to sculpt.

If Pixologic doesn’t want to collaborate with 3dconnexions -> Pixologic should find a way to give the user a better way to move, rotate, zoom in and zoom out in the viewport.

The way Pixologic implemented in ZBrush is obsolete.
PIXOLOGIC !!! It is time to move on!!!

I spent some time playing around with this today, and I got pan and zoom working by setting the appropriate axes in 2D Mouse mode with “move mouse cursor,” and left or right click plus the appropriate modifier key then bumping up the axis tolerances. Sadly, the behavior wasn’t sufficiently reliable - the cursor would end up on top of the object or out of the document and screw things up. So close, but so far away. I understand the difficulty of getting the axis rotations working because of how ZBrush handles them, but even getting pan and zoom working would be a big help in my workflow.

I really love ZBrush, and I’d love it so much more with my 3DConnexion device working with it.

yes this is the need of everyone. ASAP and XD

The 3DConnexion People never answer me nothing, my questions never has been posted :frowning:
Zbrush works excelent, 3DConnexion must make the work!!!
Logitech makes hardware for Windows with drivers for all programs, Windows make not software for Logitech, here is the same…

I’s been achieved! @yogurt6 has managed it. He’s made a working script adding navigation support for 3DConnexion devices. It can’t sculpt at the same time, and it’s reasonably early days maybe, but if anyone else has still been waiting for this it works pretty well. I only have a Space Navigator, so I don’t know if other buttons work on higher end devices, but that it works at all is what we’ve been waiting years for!!

The main thread for it can be found here

Hi guys !
You can still waiting for this happen.

I ALREADY HAVE IT !!!
:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

TOLD YOU !!!
IT IS POSSIBLE !

SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT !!!

NOW THE PROVE !!! CLICK ME

You know Im not playing around !

EDIT:
Start of the topic:
December 13th 2010.

Today the 28th of April 2020.

77.3k Views

I just wanna have a look how much VIEWS will have this topic after the release of 10 Years waiting. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes, please, we need driver for 3d mouse.

@jmxaconit’s happened! Yogurt6 has written one. See his thread in scripting (link a few posts higher up).
It works forr navigation (at least it does with my SpaceNavigator), but not with sculpting at the same time, so no painting/sculpting while turning the model like a lathe. But it’s a heck of a brilliant start.

2020.5 now supports 3dconnexion devices… drivers on mac are a work in progress. but this does work… totally rocks!

3D mouse not working now, yesterday it was working , today nothing