ZBrushCentral

***12298;Petroleum Hurts***12299;

I really appreciate that some artists still make sculptures with purpose, story and a convincing concept. I got chills when I first saw this on the forum. You could definitely have a strong career printing your sculptures.

Portfolio- http://micahmyerov.com/portfolio/
ZBC Thread - http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr…=1#post1106099
Demo Reel -2014 https://vimeo.com/103362994

great!

Phenomenal! So strong and so well executed!

One thing only: ‘Arctic’ needs ‘the’ before it:-

‘Last year 300,000 barrels of crude oil were leaked in the Arctic.’

Pedantic Rory

beautiful!

You did a good job on the graphics but the message of this artwork is so naive and lame. Did you know that almost all the components of the computer that you used to do this work are made from petrochemical by-products and that means that you are paying for the stuff this image is supposedly saying is so bad. Did you drive a car today or take a bus or whatever? That all all comes from OIL too.
I am always amazed how adult and educated artists are so easily duped into supporting blindly popular emotional dribble like this. Sorry - I like animals too but this is just dumb and childish and motivated by very narrow thinking.

If you remove the use of oil from our modern civilisation then we would not have one! Get real.

Amazing work :+1:

I saw the top part of this image and wondered what it was. I clicked on and I just stoped and went quiet. This is one of the heaviest hard hitting images I have seen in a long time. It does not even look digital it looks like a painting. Its just so gritty that it smacks you in the face when you look at it and continues to do no matter how many times you look at it. Its a universe of pain. I like art like this. It stands out more then just the fan art that i see people doing and all the horrid creatures that look like they want to kill you.

Its a very haunting piece of work you have there.

Love this! Great image and great message!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Sheesh. One of the most impressive works I’ve seen in the past few moths.
Beautiful execution.

I agree with Zsoka, although I would have not put it so harshly. This world as you know it needs this stuff to function as it does and you need it to function as you do. Sure, it is tragic what we all are doing, but this is how it is and yes, we are ALL doing it. Everyone here is as guilty as the next for that image, including the artist himself. By using ANYTHING petroleum based in this modern society you are supporting the use of those offshore refineries, tanker ships etc etc. as this stuff needs to get to our doorsteps somehow to make our Wacom tablets, laptops and iphones that we love ever so much and conveniently forget/ignore where the material to make that stuff comes from. Throw into there an image of an i-phone, toy train, any vehicle of your choice, airliner, pen/paper, heck may as well go all leather, wooden/stone/metal building materials etc etc as it all comes from and “destroys” the environment in one way or another anyway. Sorry folks, we are the dominant species on this planet and we ourselves are a part of nature and are only acting in a natural way. What we ourselves are doing is in fact a course of nature and you all need to stop pointing fingers at someone else as we all play an equal part as to what our species is doing. What needs to be done about it? Fist, start pointing the finger at yourself rather than any oil company out there. Second, who the hell knows. Someone smarter than me needs to figure that out.:stuck_out_tongue: Just stop trying to put the blame on someone else as you are not only equally guilty but a hypocrite on top of things.

//end rant

// Oh, and really really beautiful work, btw. I only wish I had such talent. :slight_smile:

// Also I understand the image is ntot pointing directly at oil companies and could equally be looked as as humanity as a whole. In a way I equate it to polar bear killing a cuddly baby seal. It is in fact a course of nature due to the nature of the intellect of a human being.

Sorry I do not wish to take anything away from your amazing work. It is truly powerful

Really really impressive !!! Really good art !!! I really would like to know more about the making of it, as I couldn’t even tell if some parts are real or not !!! If I understand well what you said, at first you made the environment in 3D but it didn’t do it, so you made all of it out of real life materials, and then composited your 3D render on top of it am I right ??? But in the end what I can’t figure out exactly is which element is 3D and which is real. It’s really really impressive !!! And quite rare here to see some works not only entertainment oriented. I am curious to know if it is personal work of if it is some hired work, and how many people worked on it. I don’t like that word but hey it’s near perfect !!! Don’t know how else to call it. Please explain more if you will !!! Renderer used, software, … I want to know everything !!!

Congratulations it’s a real blast !!! I’m going to often check your works !!!

Zsoka : This message is in response of your “silly” impoliteness, I apologise in advance for my harshness but hey it’s harshness against more harshness in my opinion.
Pointing fingers at oil companies, ultra profit motivated is narrow thinking ??? Please !!! And even the if the metaphor is quite simplistic and and a little obvious, I wouldn’t call it silly (maybe it’s you who are too less educated to understand what it is - by the way saying “I love animals too” IS silly because the image isn’t only about animals - a metaphor as I said, and you can find quite some more symbols but maybe again, you are the narrow thinker if you don’t…). And even of you want to interpret it the frontal way it is against oil leak not oil anyway… And of course he (the author) know that his computer/wacom tablet/etc are made of petrol products… Please stop being so arrogant, and consider that most people acting for some cause are very well educated about it, for sure lot more than people that aren’t interested in. And what poor first degree lines !!! Please !!! That piece isn’t even against the use of oil !!! Again people talking about education, ranting against anything vaguely “ecological”… Even mentioning the bus in this very case is stupid - you’re so well adult and educated that you don’t even estimate the difference of taking the bus vs car… And again where did you see it saying that we have to remove oil from civilisation ??? And on the positive side “good job on the graphics” ??? Common !!! It’s a wonderful piece of art !!! But no you had to focus on smart-assing… Please next time you see some objectively very good work that you dislike the message pass your way or don’t be so arrogant.
I apologise again for my harshness but it really struck me and I couldn’t keep it shut !!! (And I had to restrain from being much worse). Please don’t bother to reply (or PM if you really want to) because it is no place to start some silly forum fight.

Sneil : Don’t worry I have nothing such as above for you - it’s okay to have any opinions - unless put in a such impolite manner (you also pointed it). I just wanted to tell that even if I agree that anyone should start by looking in the mirror, big oil companies ARE to be legitimately finger pointed as they’re really empires making such wealth that their owners become more than kings, so if someone has the means and moral obligation to do something about the ecological problem it is them for sure (and there are more and more alternative solutions everyday, they just aren’t used because it costs money, money that 1% people owns more than the other 99%, etc…).

Love the graphics but hate the message. Zsoka spoke the truth.

Award!!!

Well said Zsoka I totally agree with what you said and that you said in a strong way is also great. I feel that the work is outstanding but the message is - well? just plain childish.
If people like the person above think that the comments by Zsoka were arrogant and harsh then maybe you need to get a tougher skin.
She said it straight and no BS. That is totally refreshing in this modern day of forked tongue smoothies.

The comment above was so badly structured that I just had to laugh.
Car versus bus. I think everybody knows that they both use petroleum products unless of course they are electric which is rare at this stage. You may wish to consider that the manufacturing process to make buses eg. uses extensive petroleum products. They are everywhere, enough said.
In regards to the concept that large corporations and banks are so evil: I really think you need to grow up a bit. Without such groups we would be living in the dark ages. Either accept that we all contribute to the good and the bad in modern civilisation or please leave the planet.
What is really annoying is your and so many other brainwashed so called educated people who think themselves so righteous and better than the rest of us because they have adopted some weird ecological politically correct cause and stand before us with that smug smile. That is really pathetic.
The entire attitude of all these supporters of the doomsday approach regarding climate change need to re-evaluate the information on which they base their misguided opinion. Recently many scientists have indicated very strongly that the situation regarding climate change has dramatically changed due to better data and new information. Yes, we do produce the green house gas carbon dioxide but did you know that the single largest by far producer of this gas is still and always has been the decay of animals and the release thru natural phenomena like volcanic eruptions which at any time number above 23 at any given time. YOU NEED TO INFORM YOURSELF PROPERLY PLEASE and stop with the kneejerk response.
Now I hope I have not been too harsh nor too arrogant on you because we would not want to damage your sensitive little soul.
Being an artist is not a license to state stuff without being challenged. Artists are not superior beings to the rest of the population and they owe it to themselves and to all others to be absolutely clear about what they are saying and doing.
If you put yourself out into the public eye you better be prepared to defend your position. This is an adult world and if it is too hot for you then walk away.

Wow Very Nice! What did you use to render this? ZBrush?

Again well Done! :+1:

Great work and congratulations on making the top row! :slight_smile: Your modeling is perfect but your English is slightly off. instead of “Last year, 300,000 barrels of crude oll were leaked in arctic” it should say “Last year, 300,000 barrels of crude oil were leaked in the arctic”. The word “the” is the difference.

…metaphor! :+1:
Remember meticulous work of Charles Matton! :sunglasses:

Amazing work! Love the light in the scene!

Poor silly little boy that you are. Listen up dude, I assume you are not of western origin so I will excuse some form of national difference but POLITE is not an excuse for ROBUST DISCOURSE and if you can not handle this then tough luck dude.
I state what I state in whatever manner I choose. Freedom of speech is practiced here and we do not worry too much about being polite. Maybe you could try to make a serious rebuttal instead of name calling or some snide little remark about silly politeness. What planet are you from?

Unless you can enlighten us as to why my comments are erroneous please do not use emotionally charged dribble to enhance your brainwashed state of mind.

Power girl signing off. Most likely you can not handle that I am female either, eh?

Zsoka > I did elaborate more than enough. You can’t say I didn’t. You did totally miss the point and over-interpret, and I’m certainly not the one doing name calling here, as well as dirty little offensive allusions about the author’s IQ (seriously someone not knowing plastic is made of petroleum - how insulting) or my “non-western” origin - again assuming stupid wrong things (is it supposed to be offensive in your mouth ?). And putting freedom of speech on the table as well as your female gender that I supposedly couldn’t handle - because the concept of a female using freedom of speech would be too much to bear for a non-westerner mind, if I get your point correctly (why else would you tell such things). How nice is that !!! Freedom of speech is NOT an excuse for impoliteness and yes I care about politeness. Someone just told about the same thing as you just four comments after and it didn’t shock me one bit because it was told in a correct, “I have a different opinion”, manner. And if by “here” you mean zBrushCentral I really think people here care about politeness too (but I’m afraid again you were making a reference to some great free country…).

The author tells a fact - some “300,000 barrels of crude oil were leaked in (the) arctic”, then makes a piece on the theme “Petroleum hurts ?” - and yes with a question mark. He never told the whole petroleum industry has to be shut down quickly. He is just critical about one fact and tries to make people think about it, with the mean of this wonderful piece. And even if he metaphorically suggests deeper reading levels, he only suggests it. With your last comment I understand better : you over-interpreted the direction he was pointing and got personal maybe with some eastern civilisation vs western world fight in you mind and became vehement… (I’m laughing my a** off thinking about a crying girl hugging her car saying to it “don’t worry baby I won’t let those filthy reds make you starve” - but stop I’m falling down at your level…)

And I really don’t care about the opinions here. It would have said “kill all animals” or “vivisection is fun”, I wouldn’t care more. That’s not the point of my comment. In fact, the point is that maybe I would have cared, but I would never have done such offensive comment as saying “maybe if you were little educated you would have known that animals HAVE NERVES TOO”. It’s a great piece of work no doubt about it, even if you don’t like it, and if you don’t like a message just say it politely. And please you made your point not being ok with the message and being upset by my reply, that’s all. My message is about the same as the first one. I won’t make a third one. Start a thread at flame-wars.com if you want to continue - that will be without me.

I deeply apologise to this threads author and others who have read all that fuss. I shouldn’t have replied in the first place there will always be such people and net-confronting them is useless.

Again congrats for that really really well executed and clever piece of art. I’m dying to learn more about its making process.