ZBrushCentral

Zif Click 2.0 Beta

ha! revamped and add-ons - bravissimo, Floyd! i havent had time to give the new functions a try yet (hey, i havent even doodled with more than 10% of the last versions capabilities yet), but installation as a plugin worked fine with the new version and my mac!

muchas gracias, mi amigo! :+1: :+1: :+1:

• hansl

Hey Floyd,

Something weird is happening for me with the plug-in… not sure if it’s me or the script. Here’s what I get after launching ZifClick using the Zplugs button: a second, shorter button appears in the Zplugs menu.

As for ZifClick2, it’s looking mighty good! Your ZScript wysiwyg editor is doing a great job!

Sven

Attachments

Clickpic.jpg

Grrrrrr :evil:
Ok, working on a Mac G5. Made a ZSphere-branche, selected a ball, pushed copy, selected a sphere where I want the copy, pushed paste… nothing hapens :mad:
Again, then the script get in a loop and I have to restart ZBrush.
Do I make a mistake? How this copying works? Can anyone tell me howto?
Thanks!

Hi Sven, ah! The second button is made by the script, I will have to fix that, thanks for the heads up.

Bas, let me know if this works

1. Set your drawsize to 1
  2. Hover your mouse over a node you want to select and press “d” . This should select that node and all child nodes attached to it.
  3. Press the “Clipboard” button and select “Copy” from the PopUp menu
  4. Select the node you wish to paste the copied Nodes to by hovering the mouse over it and pressing “d”
  5. Press the “Clipboard” button again and press “Paste”. This should paste the copied nodes to your selected node.

Here are some examples of copy and paste from various peoples models. Thanks Polaris and MTB.

Attachments

Diddlegroup.JPG

I have trouble to make the spiral, can you help?
Thx
Andreseloy

Hola Andre

I have attached a easy method of doing a flat spiral, by clicking new nodes in an every enlarging box.

Use this method with ZTaper set on and the script will increase or decrease the Z value automatically giving you more of a Cone type spiral. Play with different values of the ZIncr setting in the “Settings” Menu to increase or decrease the effect.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

spiraltest.JPG

The interface is beutiful…

so excuse but i am loose “I have attached a easy method of doing a flat spiral, by clicking new nodes in an every enlarging box”, i dont now how to star and where i make the “every enlarging box”.
Excuse me for take your time¡
Andreseloy

Hi Andreseloy

I will try to do a step by step, you will catch on quick

1. Start off, press “NEW” to create a root sphere on the canvas
  2. hover the mouse close to where your sphere is and press “Shift d” to create a new child node on the canvas where your mouse is at.

By Default and unless you change the settings Zif Click has a Snap to Grid feature that will make every new node align itself with the nearest Grid intersection. The default value is 10 pixels. This will help you create straight rows.

1. Keep “Shift d” ing new spheres going around and around your start sphere. If you need to adjust or fine tune the placement of the nodes you can select the “Move” setting and use the Arrow buttons to adjust them.

Here are some of the Short cut keys that might be useful

KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS:
‘d’ – Shortcut – Select Node currently under the mouse cursor. This is how you select a node and associated child nodes called a “BRANCH” for further manipulation.
NOTE: Any time you select a node by using the ‘d’ keypress the script maps and displays all child nodes for that Parent in colors.
• Green – Selected Node’s Parent Zspheres
• Yellow – Nodes that have more than 1 Child
• Orange – Nodes that only have 1 Child
• Blue - Nodes that have no Child
Thus when you select a node you are selecting a BRANCH of your Zsphere tree.
Functions such as DEL below and COPY/PASTE work with this Selected
BRANCH. Select your whole model tree by selecting the root sphere.

‘SHIFT d’ – Shortcut – Place a new node on the Selected Node with the mouse.

Pressing ‘SHIFT d’ will activate the mouse cursor. Place the mouse cursor over the spot on the canvas in vicinity of the node that you have selected and click. The new node will be attached to the Selected node. The new node then becomes the Selected node and the user can continue adding nodes by pressing “SHIFT d” and moving the mouse around.

CTRL ‘d’ – Shortcut – will move the currently selected node to the spot that you have selected with the mouse.

So the workflow goes like this: ‘d’ to select a node, SHIFT ‘d’ to place a new node or CTRL ‘d’ to move the selected node.

‘f’ – Shortcut – Move Selection forward thru selected branch nodes.

‘b’ – Shortcut – Move Selection backwards thru selected branch nodes.

CTRL ‘b’ – Shortcut – Select Parent of currently selected node. This is useful to break out of the current Branch. Example: To reach a node that is hidden behind other nodes select the node that you can see. This will select that branch. To reach the hidden node press CTRL ‘b’, the hidden node will become the active node.

SHIFT ‘b’ – Shortcut – Manually select the Branch associated with the currently selected node. In the example above, after selecting the hidden node press SHIFT ‘b’ to select the whole branch.

ALT ‘b’ – Shortcut – Use the Fwd/Back shortcuts to move the selected node with in the branch. Press Alt ‘b’ to select all nodes in the branch up to that position. Any function that acts on this branch will only effect those nodes.

Hopes this helps. once you figure out how to add nodes it should be easy for you.

Digits:cool:

On your tips for making spirals can you do this kind of celtic spirals as a one image (or one zsphere)

Attachments

celtic5z.jpg

Hi Andre,
take a look at this screenshot.

[![ZIF CLICK.jpg|800x782](upload://xmDb1EWex3XAf0eky1gEu6rRY4.jpeg)]![test 2.jpg|699x542](upload://2NdjbolSkKegVlpk6JM0Lpv6kWg.jpeg)

:sunglasses: [i]Pajonate

[/i]  [
]

Digits
I made the mistake to click on a node. Using the ‘d’ it works!
Great script, I hope ZBrush wil implant it in a next release.
Maybe under the name Zif D.
Thanks for the reply!

Does this has to do with a limit of nodes?

Attachments

ZifClSShot.jpg

i will try it¡

I will comment later my zifclick experience¡

Andreseloy

Tried ZifClick! It’s a great script!! But half way the branches it stops (see my post before). So the other branches I had to do without copy and pasting. Is there a limit?javascript:zb_insimg(‘7129’,‘ZifClickTree.jpg’,1,0)

Attachments

ZifClickTree.jpg

thats one wonderful zspheretree, Bas! :+1: :+1: :+1: of how many zspheres does it consist?

as for your limitation question: i dont know :smiley: in the past i have created zifclicktools of at least 800+ zspheres without a problem. but after reading these considerations by Bonecradle and sshark i gave it a quick try by storing a twisted stroke and setting the number of zspheres to be drawn to a single rootsphere to 250. this seemed to work (well, i didnt count the zspheres manuallly). when i tried to apply the same stroke with 300+ zspheres, zifclick quit (and, if i remeber correctly, even the almighty stable Z2 got a bit confused). this, of course might be due to me being too optimistic to be able to assign that many zspheres to the stroke i had done. however, in the thread in question Bonecradle comes up with a possible workaround by assigning a different "root"sphere, so this might help you to complete your tree in another session.

without doubt, Digits will come up with a better explanation soon :slight_smile:

keep zifclicking!

• juandel

Pajonate:sunglasses: :+1:

Thanks for taking the time to see if zifclicks can create the celtic spirals.

When you get some sleep let me know it the steps are the same as you posted for Andre thanks for the tip "it was flatten with tool>deformation>flatten>z axis":sunglasses:

Juandel,I did not count the spheres. But every split the branche make there are 5 spheres. I should like to make more branches but I think I’m reaching the limit. The tree is a willow, typical from Holland. Once in the 2 or 3 years farmers cut the brances and use it for many things like making campshed. Thatswhy there is a big bulb at the top of the tree. I made some nice thistels and I want to place them in a typical Dutch landscape, thatswhy I made the tree.

cant wait to see your Dutch landscape, Bas! this kind of willows with cut branches could be found over here along small rivers in large numbers when i was young as well - sadly, most of them fell victim to the inundations-project frenzy that started in late 1960s. nowadays they start reconstructing the old rivertracks as they found that mother nature had provided better means to minimize highwater harms, but it will take quite a few years until the willows are back :frowning:

btw, you can read out the number of zspheres by loading the zspheretool and hovering the cursor above its icon in the tools palette (i forgot to do so when i made the limitation-check). the zifclickstatus line provides further information (number of zspheres in a branch etc.)

• juandel

Thanks Bas for the feedback. Zif Click should work with a model of 1024 nodes but currently a single branch of nodes can only have 50 children. This might be your problem perhaps. I will do some tests, I think I have an idea that will eliminate that limitation, stay tuned.