ZBrushCentral

Zbrush Adventures

May 9th

Played around with UV master today. Features like UV master are so awesome it hurts. Its so easy to use and because Zbrush is flexible, you can keep switching between Photoshop texturing and zbrush polypainting. All this is so fast to setup. What wasn’t fun was decimation master. It had a lot of trouble with the hair pieces so eventually i decided I’ll have to go back and retopo them. I was hoping to avoid that but oh well.
WIP14.jpg

Attachments

WIP14_2.jpg

Can’t wait to see final image :smiley:

May15
Busy week. Spent a lot of time getting my head around Zbrush shaders and matcaps, oh and playing with Fusoya’s colours. I’m gonna tentatively call this finished. I know the bg isn’t perfect but I need a break from this for awhile! C&C very welcome
Fusoya-comp.jpg

Attachments

Fusoya-thumb.jpg

WIP17.jpg

WIP17_2.jpg

It’s been great watching you create this piece, and also seeing all of the ways you have worked with it by putting it to use in many different ways…VERY INSPIRING…:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Thanks for sharing your process…I’ve learned alot from just watching your work flow…:slight_smile: :+1:
BEAUTIFUL end results in each version…:+1:

CHEERS :+1: :slight_smile:

arghhh, i hate the finished version ;/ It went from those amazing strong bright colors, to a generic dark looking mess of forms ;( Im guesssing you wnet for more of a realistic feel, but i feel this work didndt need it, still my fav is the wip before this final post.

The patterns on the robe are a nice touch, this looks great. The bg is a bit off but if you obsess over it too much you’ll never get anything else done.

May 30
Ok here’s my next piece. Its based on one of my favorite Samwise sketches. Playing around with props and trying to practice poly painting and sculpting together.
WarCraft_Samwise035b.jpg

Attachments

WIP1.jpg

Looking great:). This is one of my favorite techniques to use as a base.

June 2
Update on the brace. Cant really figure out what to do with the ropes that bind the brace. Coz I can’t really make out what material it’s suppose to be in the sketch.
Oh and thanks Hosch, yeah I like the way you’re texturing your character. Are you using any photographic elements or is that all poly painted?
ZGrab03.jpg

I am starting with a photopaint as a base to get my detail sculpt and a base color to sample from vs. alphas only as I find it more uniform in direction while being more random in sculpt. Then I use Tool>Masking>Mask by Cavity back and forth to do my polypainting. Will eventually be doing a step by step with screens or a short video on something like an axe head or something.

Forgot to mention, that as a start on the sculpt I will take the Tool>Masking>Mask by Intensity and then inflate or deflate to get my subtle details to start working with. I am not keeping much of the actual geometry once I finish painting because I would be over 150m polys with all of my subtools if I did, but the “essence” is left I think by doing it at higher levels then reducing it down and deleting higher. Good enough for camera distance/angles I think.

Looks great! I can’t w8 to see other pieces of the image!

Geez, Can’t believe it’s been ages since i’ve posted. That’s gotta stop. oh well here’s a sketch of psylocke i’ve been working on for about 2 weeks. I think it’s coming along but again it’s the final presentation which always brings me down. I’m not sure what I even want to do with this. This was just meant to be a quick sculpt and polypaint exercise that got out of hand.
Psylocke-9_1_11-(front).jpg

Attachments

Psylocke-9_1_11.jpg

![PsylockeByAdamHughes.jpg|720x902

wow beauty !!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

very nice flow, especially on the hair and even though the pose and everything is comic book style she’s got something surprisingly natural.

Great char! i like her custom and the pose she has.

so you joined ZBC on 1969?! >.>

Very sexy! Love her pose, her face, and her hairstyle. I just wish her head were a little smaller proportioned like the altered version on the right. She would look more heroic that way I think.

ZBC1.jpg
[attach=233389]Psylocke-original.jpg[/attach] [attach=233390]Psylocke_ revised.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Psylocke-original.jpg

Psylocke_ revised.jpg

Yeah! Fantastic work, amazing, 5 stars! :+1: :+1: :+1:

personally, her head is kinda big. other than that, quite a great work.

damn… that is one sexy model. awesome job!!!

Dunno what she’ll fight with more? Bad guys or her outfit?
:stuck_out_tongue:

The model of Ramuh is quite excellent!