ZBrushCentral

Zbrush Adventures

thats so awesome! would you mind discussing the process you used for doing the hair?

Man, that’s really great. Only thing I can say is that the robe is super super thin at the bottom (I’m assuming it’s just a poly thick). The drapery is really nice and whole feeling other than that. Other than that I love the flow of the entire piece, it feels super fluid.

May 3
Didn’t get much time today but played around with renders.
WIP9.jpg
Ghostesper: Thanks mate. The hair was good old fashion work. Just played around with clay tubes to get the general flow. Then i’d mask out sections to push and overlap them. Then snake hook for the pointy ends. Oh and a good helping of slash 3 for grooves.
lucaswschmidt: The idea was to make the bottom fabric very light with a wispy quality to them kinda like spawn’s cape.

OUTSTANDING…:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
CHEERS :slight_smile:

Very cool work:). Love the flow of material.

this render is great, with the slight blur i retract my previous critique.

May 3
Had too XD
ZBC1.jpg
[attach=192281]WIP10.jpg[/attach]
[attach=192282]WIP10_1.jpg[/attach]
Getting into the business end of things. Going through and texturing it. Gonna have to figure out how I want to shade it and light it. I’m not too sure about how to do that. Any suggestions?

Attachments

WIP10.jpg

WIP10_1.jpg

Final Fantasy 4, which was actually final fantasy 2 for the snes, is STILL my favourite FF game of all time! Crazy, Fusoya and Golbez we’re my favourite characters, especially in that one overpowered meteo scene :stuck_out_tongue:

ANYWAYS! To say something constructive, now that you’ve textured it, I’m getting the odd feeling that your scarf/cloth looks a little too thick; basically it does not have the feeling of cloth to me at all. It sorta looks like a hardening liquid, or even some sort of clay. Regardless, I really like this model, and the style its portrayed in! M-M-METEO!

nice sculpt, I have the same opinion as Mihail on the folds. As for the rest, very nice pose, composition and sculpt :slight_smile:

Chris.

BEAUTIFUL COLOR RENDERING.:slight_smile: :+1: …and once again, simply because some things are worth repeating…OUTSTANDING WORK…:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
CHEERS :slight_smile: :+1:

Ridiculously accurate man, even down to the frays of his robe. Very, very nice work.

Kick Ass!!!

yeah man great colors keep it up.

Love the Final Fantasy IV logo rendition!

Great model, would love to see it well-lit and presented! I like the flow of the curves and I think that’s why it really fits in with the Final Fantasy logo. Final Fantasy is all about flowing curves.

Great stuff!

May 5th

Thanks guys, your encouragement means a lot. Just going through and texturing stuff in zbrush. Still trying to figure out how i’m going to present this thing. Don’t know if I should bring it into max and render it through mental ray or just export renders from zbrush. WIP11.jpg

May 6
Finding it very difficult to get the hair textures looking nice. Will play with it some more. Would love some suggestions.
WIP12.jpg

Ambient occlusion and cavity masking are your friends here.
Very easy to get dark and lighter hairs seperated by height that way.
Looking good :+1:small_orange_diamond:D:+1:

May 8
Played around at length with AO and cavity masking to make the beard details pop out. In the end I used zapplink for nicer cavity detailing. I choose a matcap that had a good degree of cavity detection, Then in photoshop i would duplicate the shading layer and use that as the base for cavity detailing. I think its nicer because the details tend to be smoother compared to cavity masking.
WIP13.jpg

I agree - AO/Cavity mapping is so useful in all types of work - from architectural to fantasy. :+1:

Good thinking. Its indeed a lot smoother than cavity masking.
On a already uvd mesh i would use xnormal to bake an ambient occlusion map.