ZBrushCentral

Welcome to the NEW ZBrushCentral!

Loving it, thanks guys!

1 Like

Looks identical to CGTalk forum.

Unfortunately this large icon based style leaves me just annoyed. Too much scrolling and this getting larger when hovering is just silly. Redo time people. This is not good.
Also the idea of communicating with artists is all well and good but I do not need it and I do not need more of it. I have a circle of artistic friends and if I want I can get more but that should not be the forum’s goal. How about just show yotr stuff, ask questions and enough with all the ego likes and garbage like that.

2 Likes

Thanks Aurick for helping me get signed in to the new forum - much appreciated.

I have a question Aurick - is it possible to have the last image that I posted to my sketchbook thread be the current image that shows in the main page thread?

For some reason the first image of the Sketchbook thread is the one that is shown.

Best wishes,
Boozy.

I like how Zbrush Thinks about their community. The new platform is awesome I love it.:heart_eyes:small_orange_diamond:heart_eyes:small_orange_diamond:heart_eyes:small_orange_diamond:heart_eyes:small_orange_diamond:heart_eyes:small_orange_diamond:heart_eyes:

@boozy_floozie

Hi Mark. Please see How to Post Images at ZBrushCentral. It answers this. Thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Pixo!!!
looks great:grinning:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Like a few others, don’t really care for this new forum at all, not that it matters what I think.

The ‘old’ ZBC was MUCH better imho. Very probably be coming around much less in this confusing quagmire.

Sorry, but change for the sake of change isn’t always better.

3 Likes

I think the new forum is a big improvement towards more social interaction between ZBrush users, and hopefully also ZBrush developers.

@aurick Some constructive feedback: the landing page puts an absolute emphasis on artwork, while I’d love the other sections to get a little bit of the spotlight as well, such as ZBrush Help & Support. If the other forum categories would have a little section in the landing page, showing a few latest posts, then more ZBrush user tips would be noticed and questions would be answered, which is in my humble opinion at least as important as showcasing artwork.

I’m still adjusting to the new look.

I suggest you put some type of border or frame around the “top row” to segregate it from the “latest posts”

Congratulations on getting it all to come together !

DougE

Personally I came to dislike the outdated old forum. For example, you couldn’t delete a post, and uploading an image was cumbersome, through a separate window, and requiring JPG format with a relatively small file size.

Hi,guys,
Totally new ZBC!!I’m trying to know it.
More socialized,easier to post,I like it.But I found some cool functions in the old ZBC gone.

Actually,I have some questions compare to the old ZBC.Is here the place to ask?

@aurick
1.What “How to Post Images at ZBrushCentral” means is that creating a new topic is the recommended way when every time upload a new wip,am I right?
To be honest I like sketchbook,wip threads.It displays new images in ZBSee if updated.
2.Where can I check the number of viewers and followers?It seems different from before.
3.Can we check which images are being liked now?
4.How can I add" ZBrush Artwork "tag on my old posts?

It would be great if some cool functions are preserved.

Thanks,
7sTao

@ ASIYUTAOFILM

Hi there! I’ll be happy to answer your questions.

1. Every time it’s a new project, yes. If it’s additional images for your current project, you would reply to that topic. But if it’s a new project, start a new topic.
  2. Have you been to your Profile? There’s tons of info there. The Followers info is on the Network tab. Both who you’re following and who is following you.
  3. Again, check out your profile. I’m not talking about your mini profile that you see when you click your name but rather your full profile from either the upper right corner of the page or by clicking your name in the mini profile.
  4. Go to your topic and next to its title, click the pencil icon to edit the topic info. There you can edit the name, the category and also add tags.

I think you’ll find that you have a lot more information and control now than you used to have.

Enjoy!

@aurick Thanks a lot!
I’ll try to figure them out.:grinning:

Hey Aurick, I’m not seeing the old user gallery under the name like it used to show. How do we access our old files.

Also, you know how a lot of people have combined their posts into one sketchbook. Is there something like Artstation’s portfolio now? Wondering if the old single thread is still the best way to post work.

@Wyatt
This thread should answer your questions: Thread and User Gallery

As for your old files, it depends on how old the thread is. Any thread that has not been active in the last year has not yet been migrated to the new ZBC. You’ll find those threads at http://archive.zbrushcentral.com.

Gotcha, that explains a lot. All of my stuff is over a year old and artists I follow have very reduced image lists. I see from that other thread you guys are working on galleries so I’ll keep an eye out.

Great Look and Feel!. Although the conduct guidelines have been in place, it’s great to see them promoted amongst the users here.

Thanks
RonK95

Congrats! The whole new thing looks awesome, I can’t wait to see the gallery once you finish the migration process.

Looks awesome when looking at pictures… but when u try to read some thread it is a total mess.