ZBrushCentral

Turn off Dynamic Brush Size?

Sorry if this is already answered or obvious, but is there a way to turn Off Dynamic brush size for all brushes? A preference or something?

Driving me nuts, every time I start a new session (or crash) my brushes revert to Dynamic size. Really a small pain, and hard to click that that little tiny “dynamic” icon , but frequent.
Thanks!

1 Like

Preferences | Draw | Remember Dynamic Mode per Brush (target with D icon) defaults to active. Deactivate it. Don’t forget to Store Config if you change the Dynamic Mode setting.

Thanks @tobor8man but I have that enabled. The problem is that whenever I start a new session, all the dynamic brush settings are forgotten.

And giant dynamic brush sizes reappear with every single brush including the smoothing and masking brush variations: If i turn off Dynamic for Mask-Pen, I also have to turn it off for Mask-Lasso, Mask-Rect etc.

Then do it over and over again, each time zbrush crashes or I purposely start a new session.

I would love to be able to turn off Dynamic Brush size as a default if possible.

hi @artmaker,

I got different solution for you :

1. The Joseph Drust solution :
  1. Marcus’s macro ( which turn off all dynamic on all default ZBrush brushes, and save them back in Zdata/brushpreset, so you should backup your brushes just in case.
  1. The Dark’s Solution
  1. My own solution : zCycler plugin :slight_smile:

Hope it helps!
Nicolas

1 Like

Nicolas,
Thanks! I will try these!

@artmaker - I was just noodling around with the ZStartup plugin, an optional plugin you can get from Pixologic Plugins and noticed there is a “Dynamic Brush Off” toggle which will turn off dynamic brush size across all brushes whenever you restart ZBrush. Pretty much what you wanted I guess. hth

Oh i didn’t know the script was posted into ZStartup Utility, well it apply only on the default brushes, not on every brushes you are using. ZCycler track the brush when the user change it so it reapply on the fly, and you can also disable it then it will re-enable the dynamic as long has the plugin is still active, if you run another plugin the syncing is out and you must to enable it again, it the only culprit.

Nicolas

Thank you @tobor8man . That looks great. Lots of nice features.
I installed but havent got it working yet. Need to check on this: Error message ““ZfilesUtils.lib” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware…”

M1 Mac Mini OS 11.4

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 9.26.43 PM

Sorry @artmaker - I’m a PC user. No idea about Mac. Perhaps Start a Conversation with Pixologic Support. Sounds like an over zealous protection that there may be a workaround for.

Yeah. I cant even use this site on my mac with safari or iphone. Links dont open. I’m assuming that is a security setting or feature.
Thanks

Thank you @tobor8man . Got it working!
Mac: System Preferences>Security&Privacy>Accessibility> then added brush to “allow the apps below to control your computer.”

Excellent set of startup options. Way more than just Dynamica brush size.
Thank you and the plugin developers!!!