ZBrushCentral

Useful small ZScripts and Macros for ZBrush 4R8

Ago
marcus_civis,
I tested it again on different subtools and it appears to be happening on one single ZTL, the rest of the time it works fine so its probably something with my zbrush or that particular file :slight_smile:
But yeah I want to thank you again for this little script :slight_smile: And I hope pixologic brings back the old dynamic size brush behavior or at least gives an option to turn it off

Thank you very much.

This macro will resize the ZBrush canvas so that there is no border line (which some people find distracting).

Save the file to the ZBrush 4R8\ZStartup\Macros\Misc\ folder and press Macro>Reload All Macros. There should then be a new button called “Fit Canvas” in the Macro>Macros>Misc sub-palette. Press the button to resize the canvas.

Fit Canvas.txt (749 Bytes)Fit Canvas.txt (749 Bytes)

1 Like

I was being driven insane by Dynamic brush inconsistency between brushes and Zmodeler and Smoothing brush. I have never been so frustrated by ZBrush, my beloved creative tool. Thank you Marcus. I hope this is a temporal glitch. This can’t possibly be a feature.

These macros will toggle the left and right trays open and closed. These can be activated by mouse clicking on the macro button or binding the macro button to a hotkey.

Save the files to the ZBrush 4R8\ZStartup\Macros\Misc\ folder and press Macro>Reload All Macros. There should then be new buttons called “Tray Left” and “Tray Right” in the Macro>Macros>Misc sub-palette.Tray Right.TXT (1.05 KB)Tray Left.TXT (1.01 KB)

This macro will allow you to easily toggle the Brush Dynamic Draw Size On and Off as you would toggle Lazy Mouse. For best use bind this to a Hotkey!

Save the file to the ZBrush 4R8\ZStartup\Macros\Misc\ folder and press Macro>Reload All Macros. There should then be a new button called “Dynamic Brush Toggle” in the Macro>Macros>Misc sub-palette.Dynamic Brush Toggle.TXT (833 Bytes)

3 Likes

Thanks a zillion! This will help a great deal! :smiley:

hey Marcus there’s a new issue that arises when i use the script.

the transpose brush turns into ‘transposeSmartMask’

anything you can do to fix this?

Hi pabgo and kestas,

Yes, I’ve now updated the plugin to correct the TransposeSmartMask error.

Thanks,

So now we need a custom plugin to do something that Zbrush did before by default, why? I don’t understand it. Plus it is an extra step every time I run Zbrush.

Anyway, it should be turned off on all brushes by default and let the user choose to turn it on for a specific brush and not the opposite. It is useful for detail brushes like stitches and lines but there is no reason to have it on for brushes like smooth, mask, selection and all the other brushes for that matter. it is just annoying and distracting.

If Pixologic wants to shovel dynamic brush size down our throats at least do it right and give us the options.

Suggestion: Dynamic brush size should go back to be a toggle for all the brushes and each brush should have its own dynamic size override (which should be off by default).

Thanks

yeeeaaah I kind of agree with the comment above. Having the dynamic brushes saved like this is slightly annoying :confused: especially when working on models that aren’t scaled correctly and brushes need to have dynamic turned off.

Is anybody else noticing different behavior with trim brushes? Trim Front, Trim, etc…

For the trim brushes, it seems as if the zscript isn’t turning off dynamic and there’s an odd behavior when pressing shift/smooth, which increases the brush size, seemingly to the size it was set using a non-trim brush. Let go of shift and it shrinks again.

Just me?

By the way, fantastic zscript and thank you so much for making it!

henriquedw & TheKesslerEffect,

I feel your pain - I have updated the plugin with a new “Save All Brushes” button. This means you can set up the brushes exactly how you want and then save them so that they are that way each time you start ZBrush.

Bob Savage,

Thanks, I’m glad you find the plugin useful. Are you still getting the Trim brush behaviour? It does sound like Dynamic is not getting turned off but I’ve not experienced what you describe.

Hi Marcus,

I decided to start using zbrush as-is to see if I can get used to it but the last time I used the script, it did exhibit the same behavior. Perhaps it’s something specific to my setup?

Actually now that I’m thinking about it. Does your script also turn it off for the brushes folder in the zstartup folder? Maybe that’s where it’s missing brushes (that just occurred to me so could be wrong)?

I decided to start using zbrush as-is to see if I can get used to it but the last time I used the script, it did exhibit the same behavior. Perhaps it’s something specific to my setup?

Actually now that I’m thinking about it. Does your script also turn it off for the brushes folder in the zstartup folder? Maybe that’s where it’s missing brushes (that just occurred to me so could be wrong)?

Hi Bob,

The script does check the BrushPresets folder in ZStartup as well as ZData, so all brushes should be taken care of. I’m at a loss as to why you are seeing this problem but presumably it is something to do with your setup. Certainly if you can get used to the new way then that is the best solution.

Thanks,

Hello… I think I’ve found an issue… When using the script all my Trim brushes change to slice brushes and even the icon changes… I get this msg and I can’t use the brush as I normally would.

2017-10-16 18_02_28-ZBrush.jpg

Hi Ed209,

Thanks for pointing that out and I’m sorry for the problem. I’ve corrected the plugin but you’ll need to restore the TrimAdaptive/TrimDynamic brushes from your backup.

“Unzip the zip file and open any containing folder created by the unzipping. Copy the DynamicOffAll<gs id=“da1867e7-daac-483e-828c-68c2ca144730” ginger_software_uiphraseguid=“a9d3435e-1195-40d5-9fc0-54589f2414f7” class=“GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark”>.</gs><gs id=“93607501-6c18-48d9-ab68-ead2565c02a3” ginger_software_uiphraseguid=“a9d3435e-1195-40d5-9fc0-54589f2414f7” class=“GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark”>zsc</gs> file and DynamicOffData folder to your ZBrush 4R8/ZStartup/ZPlugs64 folder and restart ZBrush.”

Hi

Where can I find DynamicOffData folder, It was not contained in the zip file provided.

I did the rest of step, but to button show up in Zplugin menu.

Thank you

Oh blimey, sorry about that. Download again, I’ve renewed the zip file.

Now works perfectly.
Thanks for the fast reply, now I can sleep in peace.