ZBrushCentral

Sophia: CG Girl WIP for Animation (Nudity added)

I`m glad we can inspire each other. Do you have a traditional sculpting background? Jamie

after looking at the paintover, i dont think its the pupil size that is at fault.
it almost seems as if the eyeball is just inproperly constructed as its really
lacking depth. particularly in the iris section. the other thing that looks
weird about the eyes is that the iris is perfectly sharp ( not blurry enough
around the outside of the iris. )

also you might want to make the sclera of the eyeball a tiny little bit of a
hint of colour? on the sclera in the picture below you can see some hins of
peach, pink, and even yellow.

the other thing is notice how in that picture on the outside part of the iris
theres a highlight. you might want to paint a spec map with the iris fibers
being white, but keep almost the rest of it black. this will give you nice
uneven highlights. also make sure that the cornea sticks out just far
enough so that theres some refraction to the iris below, so the eyeball
looks like its got depth. thats a big one.

Hi Antropus,

I always love ur work and this one is one of them.I know at the end this is gonna be a amazing piece of arts.

I have always been a fan of your work. Just love they way u put all those little details in your work. For me u have always been like a teacher i learn a lot form ur work just wanna thank you for all your tutorials on the net and just hope to see more tutorials thanks again.

I had recently done a personal project in zbrush the main them aim was to learn zbrush.I had also posted it in your forum and thought would get some review form u but i guess u are very busy man.

Here is a link to cgtalk:http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=362581.A fcousrce it is not even close to what u make but i am trying i hope i can have cool art works like u have.

Once again nice work krish looking forward for ur work.

Hi Kris
Great work as usual. I’ve one question:

Did you use Light Emission in mentalrayIblShape?

Kris, that head is absolutely bautiful.

Thanks for the screen shots of maya, it really help, im glad to see that a top Pro like your self is always open to help others...thats great :wink:

I was wondering when you are modeling a head what angle of view (MAYA) or Field of view (softimage) do you use?..your screen shots of her in maya looks wonderful

-do you use an small number in the FOV to avoid distortion due to close angles when modeling a head?

-i ask this because of the diference that it will be from the perp. view on maya and the ortho view on zbrush…

thanks, i`m goin to be checking this thread i wanr to see an animation of her.

Cheers :smiley:

Kris,

A truely beautiful model!! Well worthy of top row!!!
Your an inspiration, and I will keep my eyes peeled for all further postings of your great works.

Thank you for sharing this model and for your insights.
Cheers.
~MM
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

hey really greate shader can u please attached :stuck_out_tongue: i woud like to try a few things whit him !

very nice

[QUOTE=Antropus]

(the same base mesh used on Rick Baker’s portrait :slight_smile: ),

So you are saying that with a little surgery Rick Baker can look like this :grimacing:
…i’m in love already.
Great stuff, Kris :+1:

jantim

hey! If that’s the case, I may have to ask rick out on a date! hehe

AFAIK Rick is married… bad timing :smiley: :smiley:

FelixCat

nice work! the rendering is really nice looking, thanks for sharing your shader and light setup. it is a little different than how i set mine up. it is nice to see how someone else sets up that shader and lighting. thanks so much for posting it

Nice work Antro! Like the soft curves of the face.

Sorry for the delay. Lots of stuff to do here and no more time for my personal projects for a little while :frowning:

Dickie and vlad74,
thanks a lot guys! My pleasure :slight_smile:

baker17,
you are right. The model scale isn’t right yet. I used a high value both to compensate any scale problem and also to make her face not too translucid (the bigger the value the less SSS effect).

I did some clay modeling about… hmmm… 15 years ago :o
The main problem for me was always the lack of free space. Again, great work dude!

ambient-whisper,
hey Martin. These references look great! Some more for my folder, already full with over 10GB of references :slight_smile:
I agree about your comments. I just disagree about the model. The eye model look right, I can assure. The problem is directly related to the texture/shader/lighting. When I start working on the small details, I’ll fix the eyes and add more life and depth to them. As you know, eyes are always the hardest thing recreate in CG and bad eyes can “kill” even the most realistic characters in a movie :slight_smile: Thanks dude!

cgguru,
thanks man. About your work, the main thing you should work is the pose. For a wip it works this way but for a final piece try to get him into a more natural pose, eyes looking to another direction instead of straight, this kind of stuff. Keep it up!

Leshiy3d,
not for these renders. I’ll try to see the difference. Thanks.

yolao,
in maya I normally use a 55 to 60mm lenses to model in perspective mode (most likely 60mm). For closeups I just change the lenses for something like 80mm. Nothing very complex :slight_smile:
The fact that ZBrush have no real camera lenses on editing mode makes everything very hard sometimes. It works fine if you already have a complete model and import it to ZBrush just to add fine details but in this case, where I’m modeling and changing almost everything in ZBrush, it’s REALLY hard to get it in the right way. To check if the proportions are working I have to change something in ZBrush / export it to maya / check it and go back to ZBrush to fix what is wrong. I know that ZBrush have a simulated perspective mode but it doesn’t work really well, at least for me. I really hope ZBrush 2.5 will have a perspective mode for modeling. I love this software and this is the only thing I’m really asking for :slight_smile:

Mr.Monster,
sure thing. My pleasure my friend!

lordbinah,
I’m afraid not :slight_smile:
If I do so, some people will stop making their own researches and use something ready-made. This is not good for you :wink:

Monk3D,
thanks.

jantim,
Jantim_shader_master! LOL. Yeah, I had that Rick’s CG head and I started pulling and pusshing points and when I saw, there was a girl inside of it! Weird! JK :wink:
Thanks.

EvilSmiley,
dunno…

FelixCat,
:slight_smile:

ZippZopp,
no problem man! Thanks.

johnny blaze,
thanks! I hope I can make some soft curves for her body too :slight_smile:

Cya,
-Kris

Great work. Reminds me of this Sophia

Hey Marcus,
no, maybe some coincidence. I asked my wife a name for my model and she said “Sophia”, like “wisdom” http://www.crystalinks.com/sophia.html

But I liked that Sophia too! :smiley:

-Kris

Inspiring as always. Glad we still have you around here. :wink:

Thanks for the answer Kris…i second your petition, a perspective camera for modeling is something that i have always wanted in zbrush, hopely zbrush 2.5 will have this option.

pretty woman

Killer work as always. Thanks so much for sharing all your ideas and explaining things in such detail.

Up Up Up