ZBrushCentral

Shortfilm characters / Reel 2011

These are horribly brilliant. The stuff of nightmares. Great work. :wink:

Can’t wait to hear more about this layer plugin.:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

your work is very cool, and you are my worshipful teacher !!!:+1: :+1: :+1:

i have a question: how is it that you’re able to move the character around but make it seem that their skull is still in place? a common “error” i seem in animation is that people while raise eyebrows by changing the shape of the skull as well, but your skin seems to wrap around it perfectly.

probably he’s just testing his morph targets and checking if they are smooth and don’t do weird things.

edit. I was asleep when I read your comment and rushed answering a different matter. I apologize.

Awesome job man, as always. :slight_smile: :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

WOW!! I’m a huge fan of your work… Love that you created just about everything right in Zbrush gives me hope … :slight_smile:

I’m curious about this as well. I’m also curious if the teeth and jaw bone are a seperate subtool or if it is all a single sculpt. I’m currently learning how to do things like this in college and I have to say, you’re examples are by far the most convincing. Excellent job.

hi jelmer, great stuff here… looking forward to that short of yours.
For blendshapes tests you did with animated displacement maps are awesome, reminds me of taron’s work way back then with the demon… care to post a tutorial of the process :slight_smile:

Have you ever considered trying muscle simulation instead? perhaps you’d have better skull shape retention while doing shapes that way.

Keep it up!

Nice reel, Jelmer!!! Hope the next five years will be as great as the previous for you, keep it up.

love it, especially the gold tooth;) If I could decide though, I would have made the lower eyelid more sticky.

I’m really impressed…

Excellent stuff!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Jelmer,

Not only is your reel and work outstanding, but your choice of music as well :sunglasses:
One of my all time favorite film scores. Kudos for choosing a classic soundscape to go with a classic presentation !

So Beautiful, I loved the demo, and I loved the expression of Mr bigears. :D:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hey man, firstly you’ve done a fantastic job! The character concepts are just as amazing as the actual execution of them. Secondly, you mentioned you render in Vray, however in your multi-pass breakdown you have a Z-depth pass in there. May I ask how you got the renders from the two different packages to match up like that so you were able to use a Zbrush pass mixed in with all the Maya passes? Thank you :slight_smile:

Oh, my, wow! Great work, I hope I can be as good or better some day.

definitely inspiring. :smiley:

Man first of nice work!

Would you mind sharing your settings out of zbrush for your displacement map. Also what settings in Maya V-ray you use
. I have gone back and forth and it usually leads to bloating or something that is close to what I sculpted but doesn’t quite capture the details. Mostly you see people rendering in V-ray for max but now that your doing it in Maya it would be great to see your set-up…

Really cool character nice work. :lol:

Jelmerrrrrrr!!! Amazing work! Totally impressive!

z-depth isn’t exclusive to z-brush. most renderers allow you to render this out as a separate pass as well.

Awesome work! I haven’t even touched rendering, still just sculpting in Zbrush. Seeing your work tells me there is a lot to learn. Your detailing is amazing.