ZBrushCentral

seanGH's sketchbook

UGH! Why do I always neglect creasing in ZBrush but not in my 3D packages?!?!? :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing Sean.

nice work on the skeleton, did you use shadowbox for it like ryan kinsglien showed in his anatomy workshop?
Looking forward to the end result buddy, keep it goin!
Cheers,

• Kenny:)

This is probably a little late, but I just read through your thread and I thought that first Superman looked very good. I did noticed a lot of comments about the arms, but i don’t think its the muscles that are off, its the skeleton. The bony parts of your elbows appear to be to be facing to the rear instead of to the sides. Rotating my hand to the position you have it sculpted, my elbows face out to the sides. I’m betting if you just rotate those elbows out those bi’s and tri’s will fall into place on their own.

Also, Wonder Woman’s arms looked a little anorexic compared to the rest of her.

As far as the details of the faces, it just appears to be your style to do them that way, looks fine to me. No need to duplicate exactly what is in the comics, better to use them as inspiration and let your style shine through.

Arthaven: You’r welcome.

KC-Production: Thanks Kenny. Yes I tried to use a ShadowBox like Ryan but I finished most of my bones before I saw his ecorche videos. So, for most of the bones I started from a sphere or a combination of primitives.

dbseraph: Thanks. I hope that this skeleton will help me correct the errors you mentioned.

Refined the hands. Here is the before and after picture

hands00.jpg

Also added some details to the feet. Here is the before and after picture

feet00.jpg

looking forward to seeing your skeleton finished! looks great!

Thanks omnimorphic . The skeleton is actually almost finished. I will perhaps add ribs or some toes to the feet but, for now, I am doing some gesture/posing exercises. Here is the skeleton corresponding to the “museum” pose of the sculpt presented in post #1.

skeleton_posed00.jpg

All in all, the errors are not as bad as I feared. Note that to match the heroic physique of Superman, the rib cage has been enlarged and the shoulders widened.

Good job! From this perspective, the shoulders seem to be a bit off. I think that the pose of the skeleton is not well reflected there. The shoulders should lay back a bit more and the chest curve be more pronounce aswell as in the abs area. Just my opinion!!!

Great job overall, you will achieve a great sense of posing this way for sure, I should try it.

This an inspiring idea. And it’s looking really good so far! For being newer to the software, you’ve gotten a solid handle on it for sure.

Thanks LapsusMental. Interesting comments.

Thanks chris-carter.

Here is a pose corresponding the flying Superman in the picture of post #15

skeleton_posed01.jpg

Good stuff! I really like what you’ve done with the Bammes approach. How are you posing the skeleton?

Nice Skeleton!

Thanks Marcus. Posing the skeleton is relatively simple since it involves mainly rigid body motion. Only the spine, and perhaps the rib cage, can be deformed. In practice, my skeleton is organized in one tool but each bone has its own group. To pose the arms, for example, I mask everything except the groups for the humerus, radius, ulna and hands. I then rotate the arms around the shoulder joint.

Thanks Nicolas.

Adding some muscles

muscles01.jpg

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing you finish the skeleten with muscles!

Cool !

Skeleton is looking good but the hands overall look too small to me. The thumb looks too short as well, might just be the angle on the thumb though, not sure. Feet are too small as well. They should be the length of the elbow to the wrist. If you’re going for superhero proportions you really should increase the size of the hands and feet even more.

Thanks David.

Thanks Davve.

Thanks beta_channel. Concerning the size of the hands and feet, we have to take into account the perspective effects and remember that this is a skeleton. Muscles, tendons and all kinds of padding have to be added and will change the size of the hands and feet relative to the rest of the body. Nevertheless, I rechecked their proportions in skeletons from Bammes, Loomis and Peck books. The feet are OK but the hands seem a little small compared to those references. I scaled them up 10%. Thanks again for your comments.

More muscles

muscles02.jpg