ZBrushCentral

seanGH's sketchbook

I ll make a subjective comment.

I think he has an old man’s face.
deep lines and thin nose makes him look like that. I mean, he has this clint eastwood type of old face. which is cool if you are going for it.

to make him younger though,

• I d try to soften the pronounced eye sacks.

• Soften the deep lines around mouth as they are powerful indicators of age.

• The bump&dent between eyebrows can be very very subtle or none.

• I d make the nose thicker.

• Although in your reference the ears are like that, lower and bigger ears mean more age. I d lift the ears up to match ear top and eyebrow axis.

• And I d either pronounce the trapezius or make a smaller chest. Someone who has that big of a chest should have a bigger trapezius .

Webhead: Thank you again for your comments. It really helped. I still want to add more details in the hair…

mavinova: Thank you for your comments. You make some interesting points. I may give it a try.

New hair… (as well as thicker nose and neck/trapezius as suggested by mavinova)

newhair01.jpg

looking good. JB’s supes is one of my all time favorites. Very cool to see you doing this. Keep rolling!

Looking more like Supes with every update. :+1:

jmenna: Thanks Joe. By the way, I decided to learn ZBrush after I saw your Mephisto based on John Buscema art. Beautiful work.

Webhead: Thanks Webhead.

Still working on Superman (its fists more precisely…). In the mean time, here is a WIP of Wonder Woman: first version on the left and second version on the right. Trying to get the John Byrne look but the female figure is even harder than the male one…

ww01.jpg

I’ve been working on a Wonder Woman too - What a coincidence! Lot of fun!

Thanks royalwin. Hope you’ll post your Wonder Woman so we can compare :slight_smile:

And here is a color version…

ww02.jpg

Looking good. I love comic stuff so you won me over!

Thanks ethanashton.

Updated Superman fists. Here is the old version:

fist01.jpg

And here is the new version:

fist02.jpg

Notable improvement!

Nice improvement. It feels like the wrist area could be built up a little more though.

Thanks royalwin.

Thanks Droma. Yea, the wrist seems to be a little off…

I did not have the time to do much the past few months but here is a simplified skeleton I am working on. It is based on Gottfried Bammes books and I used Ryan Kingslien’s skeleton for proportions.

skeleton01.jpg

awesome skeleton

I love that rib cage sean! Was that done in ZBrush or did it start as a base mesh elsewhere?

Thanks pabgo.

Thanks Arthaven. It was all done in ZBrush. For each bone, I first sculpt an approximate shape from a sphere or using ShadowBox for example. I then retopologize and crease sharp edges. Finally, I divide the mesh and use the move brush to fine tune the shape.

Here is a close-up of the rib cage at different subdivision levels…

skeleton02.jpg