ZBrushCentral

Sculptris Alpha 6: It's HERE!

Finally out. I will upload my stuff from beta testing later.

I was hoping for something more interesting. At least it’s a pretty nice app already, and it’s still free.

why would you use sculptris if you have zbrush? can anyone explain?:confused:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Could not execute mail delivery program ‘/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i’ in /home/webadmin/public_html/sculptris/emails/submit.php on line 77

I get this when i hit the submit button…and no email :frowning:

I have got a error when I have finished my subbmition for downloading Sculptris Alpha 6. Can someone help me and give me download link. Thank’s.

Easy:
Its fun.
Its easy to use.
Its easy to learn.
Its fast as heck.
It has object movement tools that are obvious and intuitive and MUCH easier.
I can whip something up in Sculptris in minuets that would take hours in Zbrush.
It adds geometry on the fly as I need it and when I want to get rid of some I can do so with ease (no retopo, just erase polygons, either en-mass or with a brush).
It is the perfect compliment to Zbrush cause you can whip something up in Sculptris and then refine it in Zbrush till its got all of the tiny stuff you need.
AND ONE MORE THING:
It has NO EDIT BUTTON.
With GoZ (which I cant get to work yet) you will be able to hop back and forth with out thinking twice about it.
Hows that? I can come up with more reasons if you like.

I got Sculptris and learned it in an afternoon, after a month or so I got Zbrush and have been learning that since, I love both and spend as much time as I can working in both. Sculptris and Zbrush are very different and compliment each other, its like how paint makes a paintbrush more useful.

Cheers!
Mealea

Same thing like nimlot !!!

Awwww man I love this now. When I first tried this out, in early days, I liked the concept, but didn’t see it as part of my workflow.

now though! I love the updates!! This is so cool as a conceptual and sculpting tool!

And GoZ!!! yeah!!! this is cool!

Now I just need GoZ for Blender ( HINT HINT!!! ) and my life is going to be so much easier!

Can’t wait to see more from this little puppy! It really is awesome and going to speed up my workflow… not to mention… it’s fun!

GRIN!
I cant seem to get GoZ to work in either direction, Ihave instaled the latest version in Zbrush but cant seem to figure it out.

Sculptris tells me I need to “instal GoZ and configure Zbrush first”
And Zbrush just dosent seem to see Sculptris and its the only other thing I have that uses GoZ…

Any sugestions?

Cheers!
Mealea

@MealeaYing
From goz installation txt
"

• Copy this Sculptris folder into Users/Shared/Pixologic/GoZApps/
    ( it means the goz folder inside sculptris folder)
  • Run ZBrush and configure the GoZ path to Sculptris.app, based on where you’ve unpacked it"

[attach=257891]Screen shot.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Screen shot.jpg

I figured it out!!!
ITS AWESOME!!!
Its better than cheesecake… wait… almost… welll… Cheese cake is good too.
Its like cheesecake with polygons!

This is fantastic, I love you guys, thank you again and again

In Zbrush, go to preferences menu, down to GoZ, select Path to Sculptris. ZBrush will do a search for installed versions of Sculptris, select Alpha 6, job done. Should work after that.

[edit] lol ok, you got there already :stuck_out_tongue:

@MealeaYing
It will look like cheese cake after some subdivisions though.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
remember my advise (quasi auto retopo)

Really excited about this!
Thank you,

MAH

Thanks! I saw this after I posted my last thingy, GRIN!!!

I cant believe how well this works!!!

In the GoZ upgrade instructions PDF file, in the windows section it says to rename or replace:
C:\Users\Public

This is dangerously incorrect, it should say:
C:\Users\Public\Pixologic

Messing with the other one could screw up a LOT of other software.
Just thought I ought to point this out.

Cheers!
Mealea

When I download the latest GoZ and perform the install, I do not see an application folder for Sculptris in the “GoZapps” folder.

The date on the GoZ zip I get from the download center is “GoZ_Win_May-13-2011”

Am I missing a newer version of GoZ that includes the Sculptris functionality?

Sorry to keep sounding idiotic:cry:. But whats the advantage of “goz’ing” between sculptris and zbrush. Zbrush doesn’t like triangles, or rather displays them like it doesn’t like them:D. I know there was a brief answer to update the mesh, but I’m not sure what that means? Update = retopologize?

Muddpitt,
I think the defining feature of Sculptris is “Dynamic Tesselation”.

Before if you were sculpting in zbrush you could push a mesh so hard that it would break and you would see artifacts.

When you sculpt in sculptris it actually adds geometry as you sculpt.

As far as the triangles question perhaps others could explain.

@Prosthesis i installed that May 13th goZ version. hit the goZ button in zbrush to configure and it worked. so just go through the motions and see if it works for you too.