ZBrushCentral

Ryan Kingslien's Sketchbook 2.0 (Contains Nudity)

Any chance you could post a tute on adding things like ears in the retopo stage? I’m really curious how you do this.

a travis burbeau concept that doesnt make the creature look catlike… im dissapointed.:wink: haha. great work from both ryan and trav. keep it up.

thanks for the brushes Ryan - really cool stitches :slight_smile:

I always enjoy how you define planes on your head sculpts! It’s very structural.

always wonderfull.
thanks again.

t

Wow, great sculpt as always Ryan :+1: love the concept too.
Can’t wait to see more of Your work.

updated hair and face to be closer to Travis’ design. Travis is working on another killer concept with tons of armour and mech elements. Will be loads of info to share there. :slight_smile:

pummumu- glad you liked them.
agentenigma - cool.
roger - thanks for checking it out man. hope all is well.
roger eberhart - yep. already did it. will get released at The Gnomon Workshop soon.
ambient-whisper - She’s kinda cat like. damn hard to get her face right. wanted to choke the computer several times. Thanks for the kind words. Hope life is treating you well.
Intervain - I walk by you assassin creed model every day. Thought about you while making these brushes. :slight_smile:
TS Wittelsbach - Thanks. :slight_smile:
Tomala - thanks for the kind words. I can’t wait either. :slight_smile:

Dude … your work is always impressive !!! :+1:

Very cool, and thanks for sharing. You’ve reminded me to make more use of that extract masked function! Its not just for straps and leg wraps.

Hey Ken, yeah, in developing that feature we focused on making the sculpting workflow as non-linear as possible.

In sculpting this character I tried to approach sculpting from as simpliest an approach as possible.

I did began with all the parts modeled in Maya, as is the traditional workflow, but eventually threw them all out in favor of sketching the details into one base mesh, extracting those areas when i need more geo and furthering the sculpt with the extracted piece.

This non-linear approach is exactly what Mesh-Extraction was invented to do and is one of those ZBrush features that you only get because of the intense focus that Pixologic has on “artistic” workflows.

When we use Mesh Extraction for straps we are only using it as a substitute for box modeling in Maya. That is fine and very useful but does not encompess all of its intended purpose which, simple stated, is to remove as many time-sucks as possible so you get as addicted to Crack-brush as possible, buy copies for all your friends and spread the gospel like I have been for the rest of your natural life. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Ryan

amazing stuff as always! all the images are going straight into my inspiration folder :).
Thanks for sharing

hi Ryan
i love your work.they are very nice.my master ,i learned alot with your Gnomon DVD and Master classes tutorial.
Good luck:+1:
omid

Beautiful model Ryan! Thank you for your tutorials, I would have never gotten into ZBrush, but a friend recommended them - i’m too busy to learn any other way!

hey ryan… very cool sculpt!!!

love the clean face.
really nice!!! hope, to get there, soon ^^

FINALLY!:+1:

thanks again for sharing your knowledge Ryan, those alphas are going be useful for sure :+1:

greaaat work Ryan! love the natural pose

Alex Oliver

Reallyy! thank you Ryan for that alpha brushes, works like dream! all of your sculptures are amazing!, great inspiration, the pose of the girl looks so natural and so cool :smiley:

definitely_maybe - decidely thanks. :slight_smile:
mistwalker - great to hear. that is my goal.
theocles - cool. thanks for the compliment.
wethand - you’ll get there. Your work shows a sense of proportion and structure. Its just a matter of getting all the parts to line up. I would recommend an amazing anatomy book (in German) called Die Gestalt des Menschen by Gottfried Bammes.
crazysheep - :slight_smile:
ncollings - welcome.
alexleia - Thanks. :slight_smile: Hope all is well in the new job!
manzarek123 - glad they are useful. I was very happy to have developed them. Made my life easier. There are more sets to come. Praise be to ZBrush. :slight_smile:

Hey Ryan- thanks for the alpha pack! I’m sure they’ll come in handy… hehe - you’re such an inspiration - and I have to thank you for all your sharing to the zbrush community!!!
Keep up the excellent work!:smiley:

Best regards,
-Thaddeus

Totally diggin your use of mesh extraction. Nice thread to follow :+1: