ZBrushCentral

O/MI´s Sketchbook

Great progress! Cool character :+1: .

hey Etcher, thanks man!..just was reading your thread…and had to laugh at page 12 where you are showing him Axl and your son said…"…sure Dad but i want to draw pirates…" hehe…i like Axl…

here is a quick doodle…

![doodle01.jpg|1018x495](upload://rZmcTcdb3s3KsApZUPM5yUTmfam.jpeg)

Uhh, like your “quick paintover” guy, really nice work.
And this last one has some really cool shapes.

Good progress on the boysoldier and the quick doodle is looking funny.
Are you going to enter the production challenge? Ill definitely enter.. I already started to create the basemesh. I had to start from scratch and I need to make a new topo now.. this will take a few hours for sure. :sunglasses: The bad thing is.. theyll announce the next 3D jam in a few days… and if its a cool subject I have to enter, too. I just cant stay away from contests.LOL
Anyways, I hope youll have time to enter. Its going to be an interesting challenge for us hobby Zbrushers. :slight_smile:

hi, thanks hehe…oh nice that you have entered the challenge …i’m not sure right know…maybe :slight_smile: …but i will follow closely for sure… :+1:

see you over there …

bye moni :slight_smile:

![b1.jpg|600x692](upload://v4FKBlTHtYMLlrqGcrCyLzXtdVg.jpeg)![b2.jpg|600x692](upload://cZOu2SoI2A4c3txJWlLbFDy6BmS.jpeg)![ZBC_THUMB.jpg|110x60](upload://36GNzfZ0G7Dx2FPkoDb4j6TejnP.jpeg)

looks superb :+1: can’t wait to see him fully coloured…if you do that?!

new update…

![sneek_preview02.jpg|1000x658](upload://aZOi55mQkbA9ytfbUWNUF5UXOda.jpeg)![b6.jpg|1100x850](upload://qMGWS5vwlLhQZjpIDcBPFfd6f5O.jpeg)

Attachments

b6.jpg

some really nice hard surface modelling

Hey, nice one, certainly looks better :slight_smile:
There’s still an interpenetrating mesh in some area though, but I’m sure you gonna fix it in no time!
Looking forward for the next updates.

_Revel

Looks great! The helmet feels too flat on top, it’s bugging me :slight_smile:

I love where are you taking this! Everything is top notch.

Looks great! The helmet might be a little too big, though.

Looks great. Very Gorillaz…

Awesome! keep it up !!

Impressive detailing, it’s great :+1: !

That`s a great model with a lot of cool SubTools. :slight_smile:

Fantastic, amazing work!

Theres something I forgot to ask -- can you tell me the name of the MatCap, please? (And maybe where to get it) :) I like the color so much. I already tried to make a similar MatCap on my own.. but its not as half as good as this one.

Yeah, I’m loving the design elements thrown into this. Shows you’ve really thought this out. I think the issue with the helmet in not the size - as it makes him look cuter because it’s big, but rather the flatness in the top centre of it…

This looks really well done… though I feel the quality of the wrinkles on his trousers isn’t up there with the rest of it.

You must have done some sketches for this badboy?! Do show.