ZBrushCentral

Newbie Challenge #008 WIREZ

the-performer-web.jpg

I decieded to try and produce an image for this thread that as well as using the technique had some sort of meaning behind it. As I had the alice head on the drive, yet again I managed to get a bit more milage out of it LOL.

The idea behind this image is that every performer puts on a face or mask to enable them to be the person that we see on stage. Hence the Alice Cooper deconstructed at the front, and Vincent Furnier (the man who IS alice) behind minus his makeup.

Wayne…

Stonking! A most excellent concept and execution. :+1:

Here’s one I did last night … I tried shrinking the mesh before creating a difference object.
[attach=22838]02.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

02.jpg

so that’s what a migraine looks like from the outside?

interesting effects.

Erm…very boring aminuts :confused: …if you say so…Great stuff and an interesting thread so-far everyone. :slight_smile: :smiley: :+1:

thanx for the little flower tutorial animuts!
appreciated :cool:

Here’s mine. It’s obviously very simple. but I is likings it… ws_cubes.jpg

Ooo … excellently smooth lines, Craig. I am liking it too. :+1:

Very nice indeed Craig. Plus it would make a damn good screensaver if it was moving LOL.

Wayne…

Definitely very cool Craig! I am quite jealous of those nice clean lines.

Thank you everyone. :smiley: chuffed

I guess I used the Bas method sans PM.

creeping-goo.jpg

Attachments

creeping-goo-steps.gif

Good idea to use zspheres to start off. Interesting! One of the nicest lumps of creeping goo I’ve ever seen. :smiley: Cool.

Thanks Moochie. I have a question though. In the hand you made, how did you get the wire mesh to line up so nicely with the original mesh?

Did you eyeball it or is there a way to get zbrush to do it for you? Maybe something with multimarkers?

That’s cool, Bill. Those materials are just bubbling away on my monitor. Thumbs up. :+1: :+1:

Thanks Craig. I thought yours was great. I think not much work and it would be like some sort of cool looking baroque space station.

bill … yeh. Loaded the hand and got it in a position I liked. Placed a marker and saved my morph target. Used PM (single layer brush and the line tool) to make a raised grid on the hand, then created a difference object. Cleared the screen. Loaded the original hand by clicking on the marker. New layer > loaded the difference object by clicking on the marker. The two fit together perfectly. I didn’t bother using MultiMarker to make the two parts editable together, as it was just a quickie. hth.

Next challenge will be up mid-week-ish.

Got it. Thanks.

some more playing while waiting for some renders

[ZGrab03.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘23046’,‘ZGrab03.jpg’,1,0))

Hey Bill. Not sure if you mean mine or yours !! I guess mine. I’m a bit of a noob to this so I wouldn’t know where to start. Still…I’ll have a think.

Hey … nice vases aminuts! And beautifully presented, as always. You get such great shadows on your ground plane. :+1: