ZBrushCentral

Monument to the First Day of the Somme

Heres the sculpture I made for my Zbrush Summit talk - AN INSIGHT INTO DIGITAL SCULPTING FOR PHYSICAL PRODUCTION with James A Powell from Monster City Studios

The final outcome for this is a CNC statue which you can see being made later on in the talk with James. Ive also included my visual notes as well as a quick custom cloth brush breakdown in the images.

Many thanks to Pixologic and Monster City, I had blast on this!

*edit to add new official video

42 Likes

lol the small video, wish I had that automated CNC machine in my room sculpting full scale constantly like that :slight_smile:

great sculpt as always! thank you so much for presenting on summit! and also a cool break down?! so cool

2 Likes

Yeh how cool would it be to have one of those?? My only worry is i’d have to make sure it was out of my peripheral vision as i’d get dizzy!! :rofl:

Thank you mate, I apreciate it! :smiley:

2 Likes

Just another gorgeous sculpt. Thank you for being a part of the ZBrush Summit.

2 Likes

Excellence, perfection, incredible creativity = @James_Cain

2 Likes

@James_Cain

Beautiful work James. :+1:
I would have been happy to hear you speak about design for far longer but time being what it is and all that.

Instead I can but dream of combing your eyebrows whilst feeding you Battenberg cake (or any sponge product you fancy).
Best wishes good fellow.

3 Likes

Wonderful work - simply stunning. And thanks for sharing all your insights. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you Paul, a real pleasure to be there with you!

@AbbY-Art Merci mec!! :grin:

@boozy_floozie Thank you so much, I wish i had more time too but im glad you liked the what i was able to show :smiley:

They need a good comb actually so i may take you up on that offer :rofl:

1 Like

@marcus_civis you’re most welcome mate! :relaxed:

1 Like

Hi @James_Cain

Awesome piece! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

@zber2 Thanks!!

What a beautiful sculpt / tribute to our fallen heroes!!! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:!!
Thank you for the great presentation at the summit - I really look forward to seeing the result of the full scale cnc work - that is going to be so impressive :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:!!!

1 Like

@Geert_Etcher_Melis Thankyou Geert!! :relaxed: The presentation was a lot of fun, like i said above, I ran out of time and should have streamlined it a little more. But it was so cool to see James’ workshop and the CNC machine. :+1:

Mind blowing!!! Always mind blowing work James! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Turned out really nice James! Great stuff as always! =)

-Joseph

1 Like

Wooow this is really amazing! :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

1 Like

@digitalmind Thank you mate!! :relaxed: :heart:

@Piggyson Thank you Joseph, looking forward to having a beer with you in the courtyard next year hopefully!! :smiley: