ZBrushCentral

Monstermaker's old man Now with free skin tex alphas

Nice work MM :+1: :+1:

-TL74

Monstermaker 10x for the share ,it`s a superb work - i give you 6 of 5;)

Monstermaker,

Great work man… I suspect you are a sculptor. Am I correct on this? I say so because you call youir tecture alphas “stipples” and you know that pores can be directional… : )

Awesome work, this head and your previous work as well!

Scott Spencer
www.scottspencer.com

thanks monstermaker for such a wonderful thread! thanks for sharing and adding to the growth of this zcommunity! thanks! thanks! thanks!

I hope I can make use of your alphas and to do something good with them. If art is all about inspiration then you need to put your talent in a bottle and sell it here a ZCentral. I think everyone would buy a supply:D

really nice work, sculpted and detailed with talent! :+1:

Hi again, I finally had a chance last night to throw some paint on this guy . I took it into photoshop and painted some hair on and then realized how off my likeness was. Likeness moldels are too hard. I find it especially difficult without the eyes or hair. Once I saw this with hair and eyes I tweaked it some in 2d to make the likeness better, not that anyone really knows what my dad looks like anyways . Now I will have to tweak the model and do a better paint job. I must admit I am still having a problem with the layers just when I think I understand it something wierd happens, Any advice on whereI might find more on the layers? painted oldman.jpg

That is incredible.:grimacing:

Great work!

What is the difficulty that you’re having with layers? If it happens when you merge them, then it’s the Draw palette. You need to make sure that Mrgb and Zadd are both active before merging layers or the results get… interesting.

Stunning! I know what you mean about layers :confused:
The hair is gorgeous :+1: :+1: as is the entire model.

Its seriously kick ass…:cry:

Great job Monster!

“What a fantastic paintjob you did !!” its in a class of its own,…:+1:

jantim

:+1: just waiting for a tutorial og this zbrush master¡

Andreseloy

Monster, your skill really puts you in a class ALL by yourself. I know how much trouble writing or making tutorials can be, however there are so many who would benifit from your sculpting experience here at Z, myself included, that I know that ZScripts, DVDs, HTML, or PDFs would be gobbled up faster than you could produce them. Never mind your new at Z2, its your insights that would be valuable. Now I’ll shut up and go practice.

OMG faints

I’ve never posted here before and I don’t even own ZBrush, but I drop in every day to be inspired by the great artwork and to dream of having the cash for ZBrush one day. I have to say something now. When I saw the model of your dad, I was very thoughtful because it seemed to me that here was true art. There is so much truth and life in this head; something of Holbein or Durer, or F.X. Messerschmidt. I feel you could be the first great digital realist I have seen (speaking as a trad media artist).
Thanks and please keep working and posting.
Roger :grimacing:

As Andresloy has written, all the adjectives have been used.
One ps: when I first glanced at the painted one, I literally thought
you had submitted a photo to show what you were trying to achieve.
I can pay you no higher compliment that to say that in addition to
Marcel, I now have another artist whose posts cause my fingers to rush
to the keyboard.
I thank you and curse you.:smiley:

Fantastic - it has so much presence - the eyes are beautiful. And no clay , no moulding , no silicone or latex ,no hair insertion , no mechs or cables and you could bring it to life with an animation software. Hallelujah!

What is it about layers monstermaker? Do you mean when your rendering or what do you have on layers other than the lenses of your eyes for transparency? At what point are things getting weird?

H

Exelent! I like to know what your dad said about it. My old one should had said: ‘Why don’t you make a picture and paint your house’. I admire you made your best model of your father! Every detail you made brought a remembrance from times ago, like the small spot in his neck. I should like I could do the same! :+1: :+1:
New tread?

Fantastico :grimacing: