ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: Mesh Modeling - Detailing a Head

Hey there,

Here is my entry. I remodeled the original OBJ in exactly 32 minutes. Hope you like it !
This is my very first finished modeling in Zbrush. I litteraly got the software two weeks ago and never got to get a model finished, so here it is !

First Post, First Zbrush model ever, what a great day ! :smiley:

Any comment welcome.

Later !

Thanks SolidSnakexxxā€¦:slight_smile: Iā€™m working strickly from my own imagination here, so if he resembles someone, I guess thatā€™s greatā€¦I donā€™t know.LOL :smiley: Iā€™m mostly just trying to figure out the workings of Z Brushā€¦a ton of stuff that I donā€™t know about in it yet, and havenā€™t tried yetā€¦but like I said earlier, iā€™m here to learn, and am doing so by studying alot of the fine works posted, tutorials, and classroom demoā€™sā€¦and also by participating in this challangeā€¦I just hope that iā€™m not posting too many images in here, if I am, somebody please let me knowā€¦I donā€™t want to burn any bridgesā€¦:grimacing:

Woody LWGā€¦Great start thereā€¦Amazing how you have captured the likeness at such an early stageā€¦:+1:

Thought I would lighten up this characters emotion a little, I got tired of seeing that anger.

AGED HEAD STUDY 16.jpg

Attachments

AGED HEAD STUDY 15.jpg

Right you are SolidSnakexxx - very perceptive of you, and encouraging to know that the likeness is coming through even at this early stage. :smiley:

Here is a little update, slowly but surelyā€¦

WillemDafoe.jpg

Trying my hand at poly painting, and masking by cavity.
Just trying out things in Z Brush at this point in the process that are new to me.
Where iā€™m at now in this process is new to me, so lots of room and possabilities for taking it further iā€™m sure, but iā€™m not really sure how to get there at this point in my understanding and learned experience in Z Brush.
Any useful suggestions for improvements and taking it further would be much apreceated and welcomed.

AGED HEAD STUDY 17.jpg

Attachments

AGED HEAD STUDY 16.jpg

Hi Spiritā€¦now Iā€™m hardly an expert, but a tip that I picked up from ZBrush Character Creation: Advanced Digital Sculpting by Scott Spencer that seems to look great when poly painting is to paint all the warm and cold spots on your face first using red and blue respectively. Really go crazy with it, because youā€™ll cover it up mostly with the skin tone laterā€¦what youā€™ll end up with is something that looks clown like. Then add yellow to areas where the bones are close to the skinā€¦then lay down your skin colourn with a low opacity and build it up.

Like I said, Iā€™m a beginner as well so Iā€™m not the best person to be taking advice from, but it sure does seem to do the trick. You can get fancy later with speckling and breaking up the consistency with white.

Good luck.

-JohNny

HEY .Thank Youā€¦JohNny 45ā€¦:+1:
I have Scott Spencerā€™s book Z Brush Character Creation Advanced Digital Sculpting and was just reading up on that section againā€¦I did what he said in my last post,ā€¦but went subtle with the colors to start with, when I should have overstated them to start withā€¦Oh well,ā€¦live and learnā€¦:smiley:
Really appreceate the feedback.

My entry. Just finished school so I should actually be able to finish something.

Ramhead03F.jpg

More work done on this characterā€¦Started experimenting with the new Z brushsā€¦clay finish and the flakes brushs are niceā€¦:slight_smile:

AGED HEAD 19.jpg

Attachments

AGED HEAD 18.jpg

hey, this is what i call potential dude!
i bet youll pull something real good out soon.

i stumpled over this thread and i have to beat the bordom

cheers

Love the stylized sculptā€¦:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: Itā€™s greatā€¦

rouncerā€¦iā€™m assuming that you are talking about my post , if so THANK YOU:) , if not disregard this.

More experimenting and work done on this characterā€¦some light rendering, and tried the new material called gummy shade #4 out on the hair.
All done in Z Brush 3.5

AGED HEAD 20.jpg

Attachments

AGED HEAD 19.jpg

Hello, 1. post, and my wip so far.

ScreenHunter_04 Nov. 25 03.40.jpg

Going for cigar smoking monkey/chimp, but no cigar yet.

Mahlikus The Black

Thank you for the model.
I have found the time to toy with it in Zbrush 3.5r2
Today upon getting Zbrush 3.5r3 update I did a quick render and came up with this result.

Attachments

Monday-yesterday-detailing-.jpg

I told you man you are good, what do you think of me?

[warriorgif.gif]

Going straight in a game getting him moving everywhere.

A little further along in the developement of this character.
An older United Mine Worker.

AGED HEAD 50.jpg

Attachments

AGED HEAD 49.jpg

AGED HEAD 49.jpg

MahlikusTheBlack
Thanks for the base,heres my version.
cal
[zbt.jpg

Attachments

SMc.jpg