ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: Mesh Modeling - Detailing a Head

[[attach=166604]what’s-in-a-name.jpg[/attach]]what's-in-a-name.jpg

sigh.

Just nudging things around at this point while searching for a strong emotion, so that I won’t as they say, spend alot of time detailing a turd.

AGED HEAD STUDY 5.jpg

Attachments

AGED HEAD STUDY 6.jpg

My project.
scrub.jpg

Decided to go with this emotion
I started to show and refine the muscles around the eyes, nose, and mouth.
I have been using a mirror and my own face as a model to study from. Not going for my likeness, but just to see how the muscles react when expressing this emotion
Highest sub devide level so far is 4
I’m still in the process of learng Z Brush, so any suggestions for improvments always welcomed and apreceated.

AGED HEAD STUDY 7.jpg

JohNny45- I like what you have done. maybe if his nose was a bit long a droopy like the ways he might look more complete?

Keep it up!

3Point14- I freakin’ love the frank character!! You really pushed this concept far! Sweet

Hello All, I decided to use the base head for my project Himmapan Yaksha (http://tinyurl.com/himmapan) sculpt study (Still not in the detailing phase) But would like to share what I have so far.

[mnc_001.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘166833’,‘mnc_001.jpg’,1,0))

[[attach=166834]mnc_002.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘166834’,‘mnc_002.jpg’,1,0))

Willwork some more on this.

Attachments

mnc_002.jpg

SolidSnakexxx…Really like that character.:slight_smile: …Wondering how he would look with those WILD looking oversized buldging eyes, like the ones that are in the statue in the link that you posted…Kind of reminded me of the lower level demons in the Last Judgement fressco by Michealangelo.

The sorrow behind the rage…expression/emotion
I worked on the mouth muscles, chin muscles, eyelid,brow and socket muscles. Using the clay tubes brush.

AGED HEAD STUDY 10.jpg

Attachments

AGED HEAD STUDY 9.jpg

I would trade this cigar for a good pair of eyes. :slight_smile:

[MNC-Smoke.6.jpg]

head.jpg

howdy challengers!

i actually managed to do some sculpting for the mnc and I’m happy in two ways: 1st, its good to get in touch with this community again and 2nd, I really enjoyed taking some time for myself and doing own stuff, a welcome change to the daily routine.

nice to see your entries! Great Frankenstein, 3Point14! Jazzy expression and believable proportions. Welcome aboard, JohNny45! that character has got potential, tweaking proportions a bit could help to advance him even more :slight_smile:

Well, here is my doodle - the mesh is divided once, I´ll try to do some detailing tonight. 121 welcome!

head02_clr.jpg

frd

Started working on the hair and skin wrinkles, while further refining the emotion.

AGED HEAD STUDY 14.jpg

Attachments

AGED HEAD STUDY 13.jpg

Raf that’s really nice. Really feels like there is something under the skin. Froyd, that’s great! It’s impressive how much detail you’ve managed to achieve at such a low subdivision level. Really nice. And Spirit, it’s really starting to come together…nice work. He seems very annoyed :slight_smile:

At least it gave me an excuse to give him some eyes.

[[attach=167204]MNC-plug.jpg[/attach]]MNC-plug.jpg

Thanks JohNny 45…Annoyed…Just a temporary condition leading up to outrage…:smiley:
3Point 14…I like those blue eyes…they really enhance his disposition…:slight_smile:

Worked some more on this character.

AGED HEAD STUDY 15.jpg

Attachments

AGED HEAD STUDY 14.jpg

@SpiritDreamer: Thank you, mate… your’s coming along quite nicely as well , the second one reminds me of Gary oldman’s Dracula in his old form.

@3Point14, that cigar’s cool… chilling franky!

@froyd, cool head so far. and thank you for posting up the model as well.

@Rafael Hernandez, cool sculpt…

Gosh, everyone’s moving right along - great entries so far.
Here’s where I’m at with it currently, nothing too fresh or
original here (character study) but I have so little time for
personal work any more, it’s nice of MTB to propose these
challenges where you can put as much or as little as your
time allows.

1HourHead_08.jpg

WoodyLWG, nice sculpt…I can tell right away it’s the Willem Dafoe’s famed face! Great work!

Hello!
Can anyone quess who is this guy?;D
Could made materials more realistic, but i like the feeling of clay.
…Allmost have to wash your hands after sculpting!;D
Might work with materials still and render one more out!

Fun!!

Attachments

Pablo.jpg