ZBrushCentral

Mike Nash - MOBILE SUIT

I’m sorry to hear about the job. But like you said, it will be good to have time to focus on improving your skills.:+1:

Can’t wait to see the finished piece!:sunglasses:

thats the first time i hear about a bad time at a studio. i guess its not always what its cracked up to be. excellent work with the marine though man. i guess it would be a dumb question to ask how the heck you made those amazing details. im very impressed with the whole piece man. just friggin great.

This is coming along really well. :+1:

none of my business really, but i would kill to “weld verts and unwrap crap all day” for a living. Grass is always greener perhaps.

Good to see a new post update, I hope the time off gives you the chance to spam the forums with more excellent work.

Yeah the realities of not nextgen.

Looking good - lol - job was quick … :lol: well let see this dude finished now :wink:

yeah work …be chill to get paid to do what i wanted… :lol:

looks like you did screws in Zbrush ??

anyway best of luck keep well

Foo

ME TOO!!!

You’re like a master plumber…Look at all that great pipe, and fixture work!

Like the suit design. Makes me want to go out and play starcraft some more :slight_smile:

Not sure if your still open to critiques or not but if this were a real battle suit I wouldnt leave some of my front pipes and tubes along the torso so exposed What if one of those pipes controlled the air conditioner?? :lol:

Nice work though. All those hours payed off.

Thanks alot guys :slight_smile:

Foo - Nothing is done in zbrush yet

nightwalker_j - Im just susing out some designs sheilding on the piping, not sure if il keep this one.

Kinda small update, Im prob still going to run into some clearance issues between the legs when they move. Most of piping is just place holder for now.

[

](javascript:zb_insimg(‘145862’,‘ZBrush%20Docum8ent.jpg’,1,0))

Great work so far. Can’t wait 'til it’s finished.

This is looking awesome, a question about those grooves on the cables, was that done in zbrush? I always wondered how people model those details

I love it, totally awesome mechanical detail.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Good~!:+1: nice modeling!

Looking sweet, If your looking for ref on platted metal hoses yell out and I’ll post a couple.

keep going!!

Thanks alot guys, Im going bit crazy trying coming up with some better designs on his chest. Really ruff sketch out in 3D. I have also done some hardcore piping detail. Had to weave the 3d texture by hand then wrap it around. Took me half the day to get good result lol

BTW this one section is 19 million polys, 7 subobjects.

[2.jpg]

Dude that’s some sick (and painstaking modeling), but I have one suggestion, you could try to up the rez on the images so the aliasing doesn’t destroy that lovely hard edge detail.

I would consider using textures to create the detail on the flexible hose.
Geometry there seems to be rather overkill…
Nice model!
Lemo

Damn this is wicked. I really like the design of this. Looking forward to any updates.

~M~