ZBrushCentral

Meats Meier Sketchbook

Yeah, almost got me too … ; )

ps. very nice work !!!

Always an Inspiration Meats…:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

1 on my wish list…A new Meats Meier DVD :smiley:

I have had your Introduction to ZBRUSH 3 ever since you put it out, and learned just about all I know about how to use ZBRUSH for doing Illustration from it…But now that there are so many new features in ZBRUSH…it sure would be nice to have an updated version of your Introduction to ZBRUSH 3 dvd…:slight_smile:

Alot of the ways of working with 3D Tools on a flattened 2D document within ZBRUSH have changed with the newer version of ZBRUSH…Like how to make a live 3D Tool go in and out of space on the canvas…so it can be placed where desired…It used to work fine, but now when a 3D tool is placed where desired by going out of edit and pressing Move at the top of the screen and then moving the cursor on the screen like you demonstrate in your Introduction to ZBRUSH 3 DVD in the Illustration section,…placing an object in front or behind of another object on the canvas. …It doesn’t work anymore…The 3D Tool now jumps bact to where it originally was to start with…really putting a dammper on placing and moving things within space on the canvas…That’s just one of many features that i’ve noticed have changed with the new version of ZBRUSH…So in short,…a NEW Instructional DVD by a Great Teacher with such a Great understanding of the in’s and out’s of ZBRUSH such as yourself, would truly be a godsend for someone who is interested in the Illustration aspects of ZBRUSH ,…such as myself.

Anyway, I am really, really glad to see you have opened a sketchbook up in here…Your work and style is and has always been a Great Inspiration for me…Thanks for that Meats
Always Apprecitive
Glenn

Omg!!! I want one!!!

Wow thats amazing.

Oh, so cool. I love angry Gary. WB Meats.

Ezra

Thanks Guys!

SpiritDreamer - That’s great to hear, appreciate it. The cool thing about this new version is that all the illustration stuff can be built in full 3d now - no reason to place in 2D. We can add geometry etc. with the insertmesh brushes even easier than we could with the old 2.5D way. It’s so cool to be able to build complex stuff and actually be able to rotate the model and get different angles. It’s the best of both worlds.
I am starting to plan for a new DVD for sure - it’s time.

Agreed! :+1:

Not usually hyperbolic, but that bike and rider may be the most AWESOME thing ever created in Zbrush. Hands down!

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

What have you been doing with yourself all this time, Meats?

totally cool comp and model !! thought it was 3d print on your desk - killer work - im a meats fan ;):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Dude…BADA$$!!!
This needs to be a new Meats poster with this motorcycle!!!
Just beautiful work as always, congrats!

haha i thought to myself wow meats meyer has the coolest mouse ever!! :stuck_out_tongue:

very good:+1:

Awesome stuff Meats ! It’s been quite a while. Glad to see you back ! :+1:

yeah! it’s time! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks guys, good to see so many familiar names around here!

I’ve been working in the Rock-n-Roll world mostly - music videos, live stage animations, album covers, etc. I got to work with Roger Waters on his killer show that just ended. I work mainly with the bands TOOL and PUSCIFER, even getting to go on tour with them a bit. My current goal is to work in video games again so I’m focusing on Zbrush hardcore and getting up to speed with everything in that arena. Zbrush rules, it’s evolution is amazing!

Oh man Im highly jealous that you got to work with TOOL! Good for you! I would love to see some examples of some of that work man. Angry Gary is cool as hell, keep the good stuff coming…

Thanks for the hefty daily dose of needed inspiration!

…Ass. Really nice sculpt and composite. I really like the slightly unkept grittiness in the busy coils and exhaust system. A beautiful piece.
Keep up the awesome work, actually just today I was packing up 2 of your older printed works that I had framed, they are among my favorites.

Cheers,
Keridan
Reel

These are great to see! I have been walking around trying to think of what to apply the wonderful new Im brushes to and Meats re-appears with wild and wonderful skulls with all these clever curve brushes made of skeletal bones and little skulls dangling around the teeth!
Great imagination! And great execution.

WOW

Kicking ass with scintillating panache !!

Meats is back and he’s tooled up.

Wonderful!!

I really like the detail in your motorcycle. The only thing that strikes me is: shouldn’t the rider be a lot bigger? His leg isn’t long enough to reach the ground so as soon as he stops, the motorcycle would topple over. --Just a though. Other than that --WOW! It looks great.