ZBrushCentral

Meats Meier - Organical, Mechanical Z3 Experiments

Bicc -
Thanks!
I’m not sure how much I should say about the materials, but just think reflection map more or less…you can even add more than one…

Hurray! New Meats Meier Art. Always love your work Meats, its always incredibly unique, emotional, fun and inspiring. My favorites are the Japanese illustrations, so unique and just soo good, gota love king Tut too.:slight_smile:

amazing art, could stare at them for housr and find new details, how long does one take to do for you? seems like you work yor ass off

Thank you, Harmonic and Captain Popo -

how long does one take to do for you?

I think if I was being timed or on camera and I needed to whip an illustration out for a deadline, I could probably make something fairly complex, render it, and do the post work in PS in 5 or six hours.
Although for me, most things that I enjoy working on I try and take more time and enjoy the process of creating. You can’t rush the “art” part, it comes into the image when it does, or if you are impatient, sometimes never at all. Software is getting to the point where the technicalities are dissolving enough just to have fun without a million limitations and slowdowns…after ten years of waiting for my computer to catch up, I am savoring the moment.

Hi Meats; great stuff in here. I really like some of the details in your pict, like this crazy worm thingie on this cover for a japanese magazine. They are full of humour.

And yeah, i TOTALY agree with you on this. Finally, we can enjoy working more and more in realtime, (this includes those kick ass shaders in ZB3) and focus on creativity and intuition, without having to take care of technical issues and/or limitations.

I’m way much slower than you since i work A LOT in photoshop after the CG stuff is done, but it’s also the beginning of a new chapter for my illustration works. I confess sometime i just enjoy modelling so much i tend to do useless things just for fun. This is particularly obvious in your works but since it’s multiplyed by 10000, it creates this tricky complexity of yours.

Did i say i love the frames you’re doing on some illustrations ?
As well as those photoreal pict of sculptures.

keep groovin’

O M G

I feel the same way.

…indeed! :sunglasses:
I want the same :smiley:

OMG! Awesomeness all over!! :grimacing:

I finally got round to viewing the ZB3 beta stuff & I have to admit I scrolled past a few searching for the Meats Meier portfollio on ZB3. It was quite a viewing, your style just oozes out with amazing creativity, its a pure joy to see your work. your mom would be very proud of you. :+1: :+1:

CG Giger returns, nice work Meats, as always… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

WENDEX2112
your mom would be very proud of you
Lol! Thanks! My mom is just surprised I’m still alive…

Thanks much Buckie!! Today is a happy day....Z3 on everyones computers...ahh :) Then there is this...a long time in the making: <!--[attach=56159]dvd_case_mme04.jpg[/attach]--> [Introduction to Zbrush 3](http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/comingsoon.html)

(the Gnomon Workshop)

Meats, You are a Rockstar!!!:sunglasses:

Excellent, that’s what have been waiting for, cant wait to see it Meats!:sunglasses:

I got to see your stuff at a tool show in may. Nice work my friend. :smiley:

oh and that top row thing is pretty cool too. :lol:

dang meats!!! powered WAY up dood!! The four horsemen and the carvers are my favorites out of all the pieces shown. Really dig how the carver pic just keeps pulling the viewer in. Looking forward to your next gnomon dvd…as you were my teacher for zbrush 2 via the gnomon dvd’s :smiley: I’m sure you’ve got a ton more tricks up your sleeves now!!

I also learned most of what I know from your ZB2 Intro DVD… I am REALLY looking forward to this new one

Hello Meats , you are a freaking crazy mad genious, !!! your work “disturd me” but I HAVE to look at that. it’s monstrous in the latin oring of the word.thanks for sharing

amazing !!! really great pieces of art here!!

Alex Oliver

Amazing work. I’m jealous. :smiley: