ZBrushCentral

Meats Meier - Organical, Mechanical Z3 Experiments

the real definition of a cg artist. i am amazed by the themes u approached. i wish i could let go of my simplist way of thinking and produce more works like this, but so few people really understand the value of this type of work, sad.

keep it up man, some of the renders are amazing too

great work!

Hello Meats - Jakob here.

Dunno if u remember me. I’m Toms old neighbour from when u visited him some years ago in Denmark. U should come visit again some time!

The most inspiring artwork i’ve seen in ages! U KICK ASS!

Do ya ever sleep? :sunglasses:

• Jakob

Great to see your work again - you’ve been missed.
The series highlights a wonderful sense of playful investigation. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Is there anything you can say about meat’s works? They speak for themselves.

Love the guy on the sidewalk.
Love the details.
Love all of them!!!

Sweeet.

hey man… i think you Inspirated by GHOST RIDER !..the Four HorseMAN remind me METALLICA song (its personal)…your motorcycle awsome…
MASTER MEIER…

Awesome Meats! Awesome!
Im inspired by your work. Its a mixture of Aliens, Terminator, and Freddy Krueger!

Wicked!:rage:

I saw some of these images on your website…had no clue they were made with ZBrush 3…was that legal ?:stuck_out_tongue:
jantim

These are all stunning images. Beautiful and dramatic, great to see you pushing the boundaries :bulb:

Thanks for the comments!
It’s just been fun times messing around with it in all the different beta stages, the features themselves have been inspirational to me. :+1:

jantin -

Shhhh! You will get me busted! :wink:

Am in awe of thy masterly touches…

Teach us poor wretches thy magical ways…:rage:

Amazing!!!
…as usual :slight_smile:

You all are too nice…:slight_smile:
Jakob - hi! Of course I remember you! I can’t wait to go back to Copenhagen :slight_smile:

close up

Material created by capturing a chrome sphere with my digital camera, unwrapping the image in HDRshop, and using it as a material image.

Several realtime materials on a single model test.rocketbike_2.jpgrocketbike_3.jpgrocketbike_4.jpg

Fantastic Bike!!! I am sure my pilots license covers that… when can I test ride it :wink: ?
Will there be a tut coming up?
Lemo

All that stuff is amazing. I am curious though…do you plan your artwork out with pencil sketches or do you just make stuff up on the spot. i was just wondering about your workflow- thats all.

Also, how long did it take to make those pictures? There are some serious detail on some of those skulls.

Thanks Lemo!

Will there be a tut coming up?
Well, I’m focusing on the Intro to Z3 dvd right now, and it’s my main focus. I am covering it there in detail. I also wrote the tutorial for the material capture on the Z3 wiki, I hope you find it usefull. The material I build is the weird sculpy one with the face on the skull earlier in the thread.

All that stuff is amazing. I am curious though…do you plan your artwork out with pencil sketches or do you just make stuff up on the spot. i was just wondering about your workflow- thats all.

Also, how long did it take to make those pictures? There are some serious detail on some of those skulls.
Thanks Xevious.
No plan at all, that is what makes it fun for me. It’s much much faster to just make it as a sketch - a 3d sketch. Just looking for a pencil makes me waste time.
My workflow is Zspheres, geometry, transpose, subtools, ,retop if needed, sculpt, poly paint, drop layers on canvas, render layers, photoshop.

The pictures are usually two or three days…sometimes more, sometimes less :wink: When it goes good, it goes quick. I throw out hundreds of crappy images that people will never see :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. i appreciate it. Have a great weekend.

amazing work meats!!! as always!!! and so much of it!!! your the zbrush man!!! I ordered your intro to zbrush gnomon dvds a long time ago and I still go back and learn new things from them all the time!!! Thanks bro!!!

realy nice rendering…im waiting for your tutorials…BUT… i hope (i ask) you cover materials and rendering techniques in MAYA…
rendering in maya is complex…

you rock !!!

Truly some of the most amazing images I have seen here!!
Question.
Material created by capturing a chrome sphere with my digital camera, unwrapping the image in HDRshop, and using it as a material image.

If time permits could you elaborate on this a bit?
The stage of using the result as a material image.
Many thanks