ZBrushCentral

Mauricio Ruiz Design

I’ve wonder how you make the poses for the creatures…? I know it’s simple question… I just wonder how u did

Hi everyone. Here is a recent creature sculpt. I’m really enjoying the BPR Filters, which facilitate my Photoshop experience. (Great job btw Pixologic!)
What do you think?
The_Wretched.jpg
…and for those with larger monitors :wink:
The_Wretched_Large.jpg
The Turntable:
{vv][/vv]

I love all these creatures, strong feally of anatomy, and creative flows.
Arturo

Great work!!!
Jamie

Very intimidating creatures, with a solid anatomy ! Great job !

And final compositions are awesome as hell, very powerful ! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

DHARMAESTUDIO, Thanks! I try to get the anatomy looking somewhat legitimate, but but only to a certain extent…
Hellblaster, I’m really glad you’re digging it! I’m having a lot of fun with these images lately since Dynamesh and BPR filters came on the scene. It means a lot to hear you
like the final comps, as those always feel like I’m rushing to finish in a timely manner. Since my general background is in traditional/digital illustration, I could really kill a grip of time in photoshop noodling
hair, saliva, eyes and skin tones… not to mention the environment, and before you know it, I’m producing images that could not achieve the deadlines I’m accustomed to meeting… sheesh! Anyways, I’m
trying. :smiley:

avatarsw, I am starting to put together some demo stuff. I have one somewhat finished (The last image called “The Wretched”), but I’m trying to get something more organized as I’m still getting the
hang of the time lapse / movie recording process… The speed seems to be way too fast, so it’s all a blur until I reach the detailing part of the process, but I’m definitely figuring out some kind of plans
to make something I can share. :smiley:

Since I never really post my WIPs, I decided to share something I started tonight… An alien bust… I like where the chest is going and plan to bring some of those elements into the rest of the figure.
I’m digging the feet finally, which I’ve spent some time getting the feel for and will apply the same idea to its hands… So really, the feet and chest / belly are the furthest along…

C+C would be very welcomed! :smiley:
Alien_Bust_WIP_01.jpg

I really like your work man!*****

++Chris

LeChris, Thanks man!

Here is my Alien WIP with a bit more detail now…

Alien_Bust_WIP_02.jpg
Alien_Bust_WIP_03.jpg
Alien_Bust_WIP_04.jpg

:smiley:

Hey Maury !
Love ‘The wretched’ ! The other pieces have strong dynamic forms but this has a stronger personality IMO !
One criticism, and I only mention it because I noticed the same mistake in something I did recently - I think there would be much less sand pouring off of the mandibles and upper areas of the sand worm critter ! Also the direction of light on the sand dunes would imply an little bit of a Left rim light on the mound that the critter is emerging from and maybe there would be a little more diffuse light from the environment on the torso ! Again just my opinion ! Awesome work dude ! Neat turntable too !

• S

Hey Simon,

That’s great you like the character of The Wretched creature! That model makes me laugh on the turntable when you catch the side view, because it looks like the creature’s laughing. :smiley: I agree with your comments for that sand worm… Looking at it again, it really should have more ambient light and I should have lightened up the sand more to integrate it into the
background light sources… (I saw some inconsistencies with the light sources, but since I was pushing the clock as it was, Ijust titled it “Basking Beneath the Seventh Sun,” to indicate other light sources beyond the field of vision…Hahahaha, I guess it didn’t work because you caught me! hahaha)

Anyways, I will definitely step up my awareness of these things on future designs. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate the help.

Maury

Hi everyone, haven’t had much time to get back to this, but here is the quick color pass… gotta pose, render and layout…

Alien_Bust_WIP_05.jpg
Alien_Bust_WIP_06.jpg
Alien_Bust_WIP_07.jpg

:smiley:

Hey Maury, I see a number of excellent work here! I loved the Wretched creature. I like how you add all the details on each body part of your characters, I look forward to see soon this alien completed in Photoshop!:slight_smile:

PS:Sorry my bad english!

Cheers!

Here is the final image for my Alien WIP:
Escape.jpg
Turntable:
{vv][/vv]

I actually flipped the model so that the rotation direction flowed with the direction the alien was running. The other way did not look right.

***If anyone knows how to flip the rotation direction, I would appreciate the help. With a little searching, I concluded it cannot be changed… :expressionless:Escape.jpg

Attachments

Escape.jpg

This is beautiful!

I’m not positive what you mean by rotation direction, but I’m getting the impression you mean that you want to reverse things like if his left foot is forward you want to change it so its his right foot that is.
If I am not mistaken you could use Mirror in the Deformation pallet.
I hope that helps!

Cheers!
Mealea

Thank you MealeaYing.

What I meant about the rotation is, for example, if it’s rotating clockwise, how do I make it rotate counter clockwise? I appreciate the help.

I meant to post a large version for those with big monitors, but did not have time until now:
Escape_Large.jpg
Here are some close up turntables of the model before posing. (With and without color)
{vv][/vv]
{vv][/vv]

Attachments

Escape_Large.jpg

Awesome Creature concept dude, love your work!
Keep up the amazing!

OvidiusTiberius,

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words! Hope to post up some new stuff soon… :smiley: