ZBrushCentral

Mauricio Ruiz Design

No crits from me,…just enjoying seeing these original creations…:)…Great use of color, reflection and atmosphere in the sea creature piece…and design, lighting, and color in the dragon type of creature.:+1:
Really looking forward to seeing more of your works in here…:slight_smile:

awesoem works on u site!!..also i very love how u make the “water wind” effect gg man!!

Great concept and mood! His posture and line of action to me really say “deeply angry and on a mission”.

The surface you’ve achieved their is great, especially the reddy tints around the edges of his chitin (?carapace?). Any hints on how you achieved it? Is it lots of carefuly polypainting + a wet wax shader?

Hi bakedbeing,

Thanks! Glad you like it! Yes, I used the wax preview set somewhere, if I recall, between 40 and 70. That with some BPR modifiers layered on top of my polypainted model, and I got to this image. I really like the wax preview and want to experiment using in with a cool translucency next.

Best of Luck!

M

Looks great. I cant see anything to improve on. It has a lot of movement and character. Kind of reminds me of an eel. All the water spraying across gives a good sense of a strong wind. Love it

Thanks a lot soultry666, I’m glad you like it. I’m trying to get the wind and movement conveyed. :smiley:

Your work just blows my mind!!! Very cool!!!

:smiley: Woot! Thank you! I’m glad you like the images!

Here is a turntable of the “Summoned from the Depths” model.

[vv}[/vv]

Links: http://vimeo.com/30572225

[vv}<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/30572459?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0” width=“400” height=“300” frameborder=“0” webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen[/vv]

Link for Close up view: http://vimeo.com/30572459

Hey everyone,

I’ve really been enjoying the new ZBrush features… so I created another creature during my off time. :smiley:

Echos_of_the_Sunken_Forest.jpg

[vv}<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/30942927?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0” width=“400” height=“300” frameborder=“0” webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen[/vv]

Attachments

Echos_of_the_Sunken_Forest.jpg

Awesome work, man! Love your style. If you ever get time please do a rendering tuturiol!!! PLEASE!

PS Checked out your site and notice you freelance for MastersFX, among others! Me too!

Hi! Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on my work. Yea, Masters FX was one of the first shops that I ever worked for in the industry. It’s always nice to meet new creature enthusiasts. I checked out your gallery and your website, cool stuff. Smart move learning the digital 3D stuff. Your practical knowledge of form should help a lot. I’ve been meaning to record a demo, and next time I get some time off, I’ll try and put something together. Also, is this Jamie or Jackie? Either way, great to hear from you from ASW!

Best of luck,

Maury

I absolutely love this stuff, normally I’m not interested in monsters but yours dont seem monstrous, they seem like people (and a Dragon) from somewhere else.
Thank you for posting them!

Cheers!
Mealea

Hi everyone,
Here is a Zbrush Sculpt I did recently. I used Dynamesh, which is quite the useful feature… Colored and rendered in ZBrush, with the environment composite made in Photoshop. I created a sandy base in ZBrush as well.

Basking_Beneath_the_Seventh_Sun.jpg

Check out the turntable:
{vv][/vv]

and for those with LARGER monitors :smiley: . . . .
Basking_Beneath_the_Seventh_Sun_Large.jpg

Attachments

Basking_Beneath_the_Seventh_Sun_Large.jpg

Really enjoying your images … well done

D.

Thank you! I’m tryin :smiley:

Hiya.

Sweet picture! I particularly like the sand, actually. That shader/material you have for it is perfect! Any chance of sharing it or giving us a hint at how you did it?

:slight_smile:

Paul L. Ming

H Paul,
Glad to hear you like it, thanks! Well, the material I used was the Matcap Pearl White, but the polypaint job and the BPR Filters did most of the work to make
the color and graininess look genuine, that and some noise, plus an inverted cavity mask and snake hook pulling down to create some deep pockets. I ended
up cheating on the final composite in photoshop, and threw in some of the rendered out material named ok_granite for those subtle rim lights which are probably
what you are talking about. Both Matcaps were downloaded from Pixologic. :wink:

solid work man!!

First class work and render mate…you can tell a lot of love went into the artwork.