ZBrushCentral

Mauricio Ruiz Design

Good concept an execution, my respects!

Hi everyone!

Finally got some time to get back to a creature I started. I was paying closer attention to getting those wet / greasy spots of flesh.

I’ll be posing this guy and prepping a final image / turntable as soon as I can.

CC Welcomed!

BIG and small images for all :smiley:
Creature_WIP_1.jpg
Creature_WIP_1.jpg
Creature_WIP_2.jpg
Creature_WIP_2.jpg
Creature_WIP_3.jpg
Creature_WIP_3.jpg
Creature_WIP_4.jpg
Creature_WIP_4.jpg
Creature_WIP_5.jpg
Creature_WIP_5.jpg

Attachments

Creature_WIP_1.jpg

Creature_WIP_3.jpg

Creature_WIP_4.jpg

Creature_WIP_5.jpg

Creature_WIP_2.jpg

Creature_WIP_1.jpg

Creature_WIP_2.jpg

Creature_WIP_3.jpg

Creature_WIP_4.jpg

Creature_WIP_5.jpg

cool stuff man i really like the variation is teeth shapes and the forms of the forearm and hand. Great work cant wait to see it finished.

Excellent!

Hi Everyone!

Finally got to finish this one off. I had a lot of fun using Dynamesh with this one for the duplicate arms.

Again, Big and small for all monitors! CC are appreciated.

Noxious_Exhalations_of_the_Putrescent_1600H.jpg
Noxious_Exhalations_of_the_Putrescent_800H.jpg

Attachments

Noxious_Exhalations_of_the_Putrescent_1600H.jpg

Noxious_Exhalations_of_the_Putrescent_800H.jpg

This is great. A monster after my own heart.

Excellent!! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hello all,

Scroll up on this thread to see the final image…Here is the model.

EricShawn - Thanks! Glad you dig it.

Big and small for all …
Noxious_Exhalations_of_the_Putrescent_Model_1600H.jpg
Noxious_Exhalations_of_the_Putrescent_Model_800H.jpg

Attachments

Noxious_Exhalations_of_the_Putrescent_Model_1600H.jpg

Noxious_Exhalations_of_the_Putrescent_Model_800H.jpg

WOW!! Really really cool creature design. I love the teeth and love the fingers! awesome work

Nice !
Love the rim lighting !

• S

Turntable!!!

Thanks Simon! The rim light was an after thought when I started to add the back light and smoke / miasma.

{vv][/vv]

I’ll post a turntable of the unpainted model as soon as I can.

Hi everyone,

Here are some close-ups and a better look at the arm.
Face.jpg
Shoulder.jpg
Shoulder_Model.jpg
Arm.jpg

Attachments

Face.jpg

Shoulder.jpg

Shoulder_Model.jpg

Arm.jpg

this is really great design, details and painting! I like it! :+1:

beautiful small detail on the arm. Can i assume you used an alpha(s) for a lot of that?

Gorgeous. Love it.

Hi everyone!

SiGe1111 - Thanks! Glad you Like it!

Clintus Maximus - Thank you! You are correct about my use of alphas, but after the initial skin textures I laid down, I spent a decent amount of time making it work. I created some wrinkle textures with
an alpha, then I did a cavity mask and blurred it, then used the inflate brush to really push the organic quality of the wrinkles. You can really see what I’m talking about on the shoulder. I also balanced
this technique with the blob brush in his forearm, wrist and hand, which turned out some cool fleshy, wrinkly lines along the muscles and tendons.

ioster - Thanks a bunch!

I wanted to do something fun and a bit more cartoony / whimsical, so I created this quicksketch. This guy’s named Pulpo (Octopus in Spanish). I’ll post the turnaround shortly. :smiley:

Kinda goofy ^^

Pulpo_QuickSketch_800H.jpg

{vv][/vv]

Here is a turntable of the model in it’s early state when it’s arm proportions were a bit too exaggerated. :smiley:
{vv][/vv]

Thanks for going a little more in depth on that. Really like your latest guy too! Love the hands!

Maury tu trabajo es impresionante. La creatividad, poses y renders son de una calidad increible. Gran trabajo!!

Hi Everyone,

Hola CarlosVidal - Muchas gracias por tus comentarios. Realmente me siento muy alagado de que te guste mi trabajo. Saludos, Mauricio.

Clintus Maximus - Thanks for your inquiry on the alphas, I always enjoy sharing any knowledge I have on these creature sculpts. I’m always learning new things and hope to never stop.
My next goal is the new Fiber Mesh! :open_mouth: oooohhhh, I’m excited for that ish! haha

Here is a few images of a Mountain Goblin WIP:

MountainGoblin_3_4_WIP.jpg
MountainGoblin_F_WIP.jpg
MountainGoblin_F_S_WIP.jpg

Attachments

MountainGoblin_3_4_WIP.jpg

MountainGoblin_F_WIP.jpg

MountainGoblin_F_S_WIP.jpg

another cool one dude keep them coming.

Cool characters! :+1: