ZBrushCentral

Liquid: New ZPlugin

warpy -

I haven’t looked at Liquid yet but to answer your questions:

1. It is hard-wired not to use the default textures. There is a reason but I will re-examine it. :slight_smile:
  2. Can you give me a more detailed situtation? It is using ZBrush’s 3d copy routine. You should get the same results you would if you went into projection master. The only difference is that Liquid will increase your document up to 2048 to try to keep as much resolution as possible. Everything is based on the texture that you go into liquid with.
  3. do you mean the resolution slider in the Liquid interface? If so, you should “see” a difference. It is simply adjusting the amount of polys you have to work with in the distortion plane.
  4. the primary solution is to not do it. :slight_smile: If you drag grey onto the sides it will project gray onto the model. This is what the 3D Copy routine does. You can use a stencil to isolate areas to be picked up. :slight_smile:

Best,

r

@ryan
regarding3: i do feel the difference in resolution when i pinch, but this introduced another problem

regarding 2:

this is the original sphere, high res.

this is after liquid.

you can see the pixels are bigger.

another problem :
i pinched at resolution ~4

i changed resolutions to 7, it reverted back to its original state.

warpy - what is your texture size?

r

@ryan good point it was on 256x256

with 4096 it doesnt lose quality.

@about the other pinching problem, does it interpolates between levels of resolutions. because it appears that it might do that on and the pinching change will appear mild on some levels while on others it will appear as intended?

When it pinches, it is pinching a poly plane. Depending on the resolution when you pinch it, it will be either a larger or smaller difference. If you pinch it at a lower level it will hold less of its shape. I recommend that you use pinch at the highest level. :slight_smile:

r

Hello! I have just uploaded v2 of liquid! To download it go to the first post in this thread.

It should fix problems people experienced with the texture not picking up or after having initialized ZBrush. Special thanks to Marcus_Civis who fixed it!

Also, I have added two new features: the ability to save out a mesh of your distortion and the ability to load that back in!

I hope you enjoy!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan and Marcus - BIG :+1:
Much smoother overall and mesh saving ability’s sweet too :wink:

Chris

Cool. Glad it works. :slight_smile:

Ryan

Hi Ryan. Ethan Summers here. The Liquid script looks VERY cool but when ever I click the lauch button Z Brush crashes. I’m using win 64 with 2 gigs RAM so perhaps the problem is there? ALso the Liquid buttons are missing icons so perhaps this is an instalation problem.

If you have any ideas…

thanks
-e

I get the “you will now be dropped into liguid”, I press OK and ZBrush dissapears’ I’m wondering exactly where the files for this are supposed to be, I had to change things from the zip or I didn’t see the plugin at all, I see it now but this is what happens, seems it works for others, any ideas…rog

Same here: no matter what I set, the zbrush2 closes when I click OK, like others did.

The raw material. Bug.
:smiley:

Anatom

Thanks for the notes guys. Can you list your system specs? That will help with problem solve. :slight_smile:

r

I have a AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual-core 3800 with 3 gigs of ram, woops I just checked my program files, the liquid data file was in the startup folder and not the plugins folder, not sure how that happened, so I moved it and tried again and viola it works. I really needed this so thanks I’ll give it a good tryout now. So for anyone , check your file placement , liquid works for me now…rog

Firstly: fantastic plugin_ superb for pushing and pulling pre-made textures!

I don’t know whether this will help those who are struggling with crashes etc.
The zip has an uneccessary level in the file tree. I found if you extract from the zip using “Use folder names” in to the startup/plugins folder it doesn’t work.

Scrap the “Liquid” element of the path and it works fine (I was getting the crash with my first attempts)
So Liqidv2.zsc should sit thus:
ZStartup/ZPlugs/Liquidv2.zsc
and
ZStartup/ZPlugs/liquidData/…

:wink:

Dear Noggin, thanks for the hint.
I’m getting old. I did not check to control the Liquid data directory, which was not where it should belong.
Presently learning the plugin.

Thank you Ryankingslien!

Anatom

Hello. zBrush v3.1 here. I am getting the following error message box when I start up the Liquid plugin :

In the title bar: ZScript Note: Interface item could not be found.
In the msg area: Alpha:Brush00 in [IPressAlpha:Brush00].

How can I fix this ? (…had a similar problem in Zketchpad, which was resolved by dumping a bunch of PSD files into the folder ZStartup\Alphas)

thanks and regards,

Andrew

Hello Mathman, the plugin has not been updated to ZBrush 3.1.

I will be looking into it though. :slight_smile:

Ryan

Any progress with this? It sounds pretty nifty!

Hey Gareee, thanks for the interst. Its unlikely, though, that I will be able to find the time to update this.

Best,

Ryan

>>>cries!<<< But I totally understand… maybe the source code could be turned over to another plug developer, or even pixologic for updating?

I hate to see quality work lost.