ZBrushCentral

Liquid: New ZPlugin

Enigma - wait till ya see whats next! :smiley:

`r

Great work Ryan! :+1: I look forward to seeing your next zscript project… :slight_smile:

you rocks ryan-man :cool:

Thank you well…

Much thanks.

Ummm, i think that maybe i´m the only one having errors with this zplugin.

Ok, so i load a model with some subdivs, then import my texture and flip vertical. Place it on the canvas and hit L.
It all seems to go well, i do some small modifications moving the texture and when happy i hit L again. It drops and everything seems ok. Then i realize that i have double side texture. Try to undo, but it does not work. Then, i change my texture back to the original and hit L again.
Now, the texture on the object inside the Liquid seems to be wrong as hell. Nothing is in place like if the projection had failed totally. I hit Exit and the texture on my object is correct, but it seems that if Liquid has a temp buffer, it is not cleared when entering a second time.
Even more, after some frustrating tries, i do a Init Zbrush to start again. I load my model, my texture and hit L. Then while the entering progress, a message appears during a second or two saying something like “swith to the correct subdiv level…” and when Liquid enters, my model has dissapeared. If i exit, the model still is dissapeared, and the only way to get a mesh back to the canvas is to reset zbrush.

I have experienced some more strange behaviors with this, but all of them seem to start when entering a second time on Liquid, since the first time it works ok.

Am i doing something wrong? Is there anyone with similar problems? I´m really excited about this plugin, but as it is working for me right now, it is impossible to use.

Later

Jhotun - I am really sorry for the late response! :expressionless:

I should really turn Double sided off by default. I will do that in the next version.

As for undoing texture projections. You can’t currently undo texture projections from Projection Master and my script uses the same technology so you can’t do it from mine. That said, i can certainly insert a little code that will save out your texture as a backup that you can restore later if things don’t go over well. I thought of doing that a bit ago. My first thought would be to save the texture into a memory block. This would create an image buffer that you could use to recall the last texture before projection. :slight_smile:

Liquid should work multiple times. I have tested it several times and all is well here. I will try to duplicate your problem, though.

As for your model disappearing and not redrawing onto the screen correctly we have to go back to basics.

When you draw a model onto the canvas you draw with Material, Color and Depth. For some actions, Liquid turns off material, leaves color on, and sets depth to 0. If you exit Liquid without pressing the Exit button it is conceivable that those settings would stay the same. All you have to do it to press MRGB on the shelf and then make sure ZAdd is on and that Z Intensity is set to 100. Chances are that will fix it. No need to restart ZBrush. :slight_smile:

Did you get Liquid from the link above or did I send it to you directly? Earlier versions had the problem you described above.

Ryan

Hi there, Ryan

As for undoing texture projections. You can’t currently undo texture
projections from Projection Master and my script uses the same technology
so you can’t do it from mine. That said, i can certainly insert a little code
that will save out your texture as a backup that you can restore later if
things don’t go over well. I thought of doing that a bit ago. My first thought
would be to save the texture into a memory block. [color=LemonChiffon]
This would create an image buffer that you could use to recall the last
texture before projection
. :slight_smile:
Something like that would be verrry handy for ZAppLink, too, in respect
of storing the ‘temp’ file somewhere that was exported over to the image
editing prog… :wink:

Chris

ryan: No problem :smiley: I´m using the version downloaded from this thread, but really, this seems like a bug or something. I have tried to make it work on other machines and still the same thing. The main problem is that it seems that when you enter the liquid for the second time, the 3d plane seems to be flipped backwards. I cannot find any explanation for this strange behavior :frowning: also, i have always exited the plugin with the exit button.

Later

JHotun -

I just tried this around six times this morning and I do not get the problem you are reporting. Is anyone else experiencing this?

One thing that would really help me diagnose this is a zscript recording of the problem. Just record a basic example of the problem. I can look at that and see what Liquid may be doing that is causing you problems. If you can send me a zscript of that just email me at ryan@pixologic.com :slight_smile:

Best,

Ryan

just wanted to chime in to say, first, that this is a tremendous plug. when it works, it works beautifully. i love it. unfortunately i seem to be having the same problem as jhotun. works fine the first time (create a ztool, drop into edit mode, create a texture, PM a few brush strokes, pick up out of PM, then drop into liquid, edit, pick up out of liquid). next time i drop into liquid, my model appears mostly black. by moving my cursor outside the document bounds and rotating the plane i can reorient it so that it looks correct again. but when i try smudging the texture again it seems unstable. the texture moves a bit before and after each “smudge”. can’t quite figure out whats happening…if you have any questions i’ll do my best to answer.

-matt

Hey Matt -

Thanks for the kind words. The best thing is to send me a zscript recording of the problem.

When you encounter the problem just go to the zscript palette, click End Record, save the file out and upload it here. I can look through that and see if the zscript is doing something it shouldn’t (I hope).

Also, the distortion plane can be rotated. I am not sure what you mean by unstable but if you click on a part of the mesh that is inbetween vertices it will rotate the mesh. Either way a zscript may help me understand. :slight_smile:

r

Oops, for some reason i did not see the email notification :frowning:
I´m gonna try to record a zscript with the problem.
Matt, maybe it would be a good idea you do the same. I think that this strange behaviour has to be with something we have installed or something on our computers that maybe escaped to the betatest purge :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad to know that ryan is there :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Ok, i have tried to record a zscript but for some reason it is not working :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry, i have never done that before so i think i need to read some posts before posting crap here.
Instead of that, i have done some screenshots of the problem. I hope this can help.

Here we go:

[1.jpg]8.jpg

So, the problem seems to be when entering Liquid for a second time. Initialize does not seem to clear everything on the backstage.
Oh, i forgot to say that if i click on the Move or Draw button inside liquid… they dissapear :stuck_out_tongue: Just like when you ctrl+click on any button. Veeery strange.

I have a lot of job to do from now until sunday, so i think i will not be able to try to record the zscript for now, but as soon as i can i´ll try to record it.

Later

EDIT: Ryan, i did the MRGB and Zadd thing. Yeah, the model draws correctly without the need to restart zb, but when entering liquid, it is still invisible.

Attachments

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Jhotun and Matt,

Until Ryan has a chance to look at the code here is something you might try:

1.Start ZBrush and use the Tool>Load Tool button to locate and load the LiquidPlane.ZTL from the ZStartup/ZPlugs/liquidData folder.

2.Immediately press the Tool>Export>Export button to export the tool. Save it as LiquidPlane.OBJ to the ZStartup/ZPlugs/liquidData folder, clicking Yes to overwrite the existing file.

Now you can test Liquid to see how you get on. Be sure NOT to Initialize ZBrush during a session when you are using Liquid because clearing the Tool palette will cause the plugin to malfunction.

HTH,

hmm…so that totally worked. thanks, marcus!

i’m too tired to stress test it right now, but will report back if i have any problems or discoveries.

i did try to record a zscript, by the way, but failed miserably (my first attempt). will try again when i have a bit more mental energy…

-matt

Thank you Marcus! I will review the code when I get back to the office on thursday guys. Thanks for all the hard work with screen shots and testing! We will get it right yet! :slight_smile:

I am guessing that one of Liquid’s automatic assumptions is getting all screwed up.

Cheers,
Ryan

i can load the script but it doesn’t appear in the plug-in menu on (the next) startup.

greetz

GhosTDoG -

To install, unzip content to your ZStartup/ZPlugs folder. If a ZPlugs folder doesn’t exist just create one.

:slight_smile:

r

yeb. the same procedure like my other plug-ins in my start up folder, but unforunatly it doesn’t work. also didn’t rename anything. strange thing.;):slight_smile:

edit: u have to extract the stuff from the root folder again. i’ve put the entiere folder in my start up folder, so it didn’t work.
works now, thx.

@marcus, your solution works.

@ryankingslien now for the bad things:

1. if you load one of the stock textures and not make your own one, liquid will not go into liquid mode. for examples using a sphere and the earth map.

2. when going into liquid mode the texture quality deteriorates, is this intentional ??

3. i dont see any difference when i push add more resolution. is it only me ?

4. is there a way to solve the fact that if you move a bit of texture from the boundary it carries some of the gray color beyoned the actual texture ?

cheers for the plugin, a few more fine tuning stages and its going to rock.