ZBrushCentral

Kris Costa's Zbrush 3 Stuff (some nudity)

Kris, Have to say this single line, buried in your response to Tatanka_Nui, speaks volumes about your approach to modeling and your skills as a 3d artist.

You are THE MASTERFUL ALCHEMIST OF BASE METAL POLYGONS.

Svengali

Iā€™ll say it ā€“ your wife is a babe :grimacing:
Great models also!

Hey Kris ! Fantastic artwork ! stunning ! No words here too !

Congratulations ! Cya,

Iā€™ve been amazed at the artwork at Zbrush Central since it was started, but I have to say these works are just mind blowing stuff. Without doubt these are simply devine and the best models I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Now I know just how much I have to learn, donā€™t know if Iā€™ll ever produce stuff like this.

Well done

wowww Kris, yeah, people said it all, those work are stunning and you keep on inspiring so many of us ! The flesh and the life can be felt on your models, really stunning.

Well done man ! You are awesome buddy

To ALL of you: thank you, thank you, thank you so much!

Whatā€™s mind blowing to me is the reaction of all of you guys seeing the works created by us beta testers. You know, when we are working in all this stuff, we kinda lose the notion of reality for some time. You donā€™t know if the work is looking ok or if your fellows are just trying to cheer you up :slight_smile:

One thing is for sure: the work posted by the other beta testers was a HUGE inspiration for me to keep going and trying to improve my stuff. So, kudos and thanks to them :+1:

Youā€™re all great. Makes me really, really happy to read all your comments. This community rocks!

Best,
-Kris

Move over Vargas - Kris Costaā€™s in the HOUSE.

Holy cow Kris, this entire collection is beyond inpirational much respect to you sir. :smiley:

All your work is amazingā€¦ I like the modeling details of ā€œThe Two Leavesā€:+1:

No matter what you create you always breath an inner life into your characters.
I admire the fact that you make the technology invisible.
As always a joy.

Wow ! Wow and again wow ! :grimacing:

( no words )

Amazing work Kris!
Keep posting man, itā€™s a pleasure watching your work!

manā€¦you really are a master. iā€™m a big fan of your work and i am constantly amazed with your talent. amazing.

i canā€™t wait to see MORE!!! :smiley:

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Itā€™s both awe-inspiring, and quite intimidating to see just how great some of the beta testerā€™s work is in this forum. Antropus, your work stands out in any forum. The YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN stuff is spot on. Could you please show us the base mesh of Igor?

Those were beautiful words to read. Thanks for that my friend. I think this is what we are always looking for, as artists. If I could add some impression of life to some of my characters, then Iā€™m surely a VERY happy artist. Thanks again :+1:

Thank you guys for such nice words!

Webhead,
thanks man. About the model, the base mesh is really nothing special as you can see in the picture below. Same head base mesh for all the other characters in this thread, apart of the baby. Rest of the body base mesh modeled in maya but could surely be done in Zbrush using Zspheres. I just do in Maya because I got used to this workflow already. It works fast for me. Zspheres work better for others. Itā€™s just preference. For my Master and Servant entry at CGTalk, all of the characters were started from Zspheres and modeled and posed 100% in Zbrush. It all depends of the mood I guess :slight_smile:

-Krismartywires.jpg

Excellent work antropus! I love the retro look you maintain through all of your pieces, reminds me of Alex Ross style (besides the superman one :wink: ) Your wife is beautiful btw, I hope she liked the model.

I sent you a pm regarding your site, since its acting a little weird.

Yeah, sorry about that. My site was hacked for the third time last month and I decided to kill part of the stuff that might have had holes. Part of that stuff was gone, deleted. Iā€™ll do my best to put those tutorials online again, as soon as I get some free time, kinda impossible right now. Crazy stuff going on :frowning:

Here are some old images of the old man and the baby, just to show some more close-ups. Keep in mind that this was not the final model and this was not the final pose. If you look at the work at the first page you will notice lots of adjustments in his body and pose.

Thanks,
-Krisantropus_oldman32.jpgantropus_oldman33.jpgantropus_oldman34.jpgantropus_oldman35.jpgantropus_oldman38.jpg

Attachments

antropus_oldman32.jpg

antropus_oldman33.jpg

antropus_oldman34.jpg

antropus_oldman35.jpg

antropus_oldman38.jpg

Your productivity is staggering, as is your talent !..i still have some of the images on my drive of the head of that woman you made in ZB 1.5, i think some people could not believe it was made with ZBrushā€¦!It was one of the first super realistic heads that was made with this software, ā€¦lots of masking to get the eyelids done ,i think !

jantim

So you wouldnā€™t happen to have the topology you use for your feet or images of this? I loved the topology you used for your hands, very organized and effective. And I learned something. How to make crazy edge loops on the joints. Iā€™m thinking the process is similar, with building a toe and forming 5 toes which have to be shaped slightly different for each one.

hi Mr. Kris. once again all this look really over whelming. i have one question. i asked this long ago and i got an answer but this new screenshot make me want to ask again.

when you are sculpting the low res mesh do you see the mesh in smooth shaded preview like mudbox or is it still the same faceted display like it was in zb2.
i can see the faceted display in the igor wireframe clearly but its also visible in the babyā€™s left thigh but very subtle.

Hello Kris

Im really upset that subject of your art becomes more and more evil. Several years ago there are a lot of kind beauty characters with great design among your works. Now I see mainly monsters that are very evil and looks scary and disgusting. This is just my emotions of your Zbrush 3 works. Of course youre highest professional as usual. BTW, from my point of view your previous works were more plastic, sculptural. Really youve lost emotional part of your work. Youre not art machine, but You`re great artist! Thank you very much for attention!