ZBrushCentral

Kris Costa's Zbrush 3 Stuff (some nudity)

Ach du lieber Himmel! What a portfolio! I have barely tapped the beta for the Red Wax shader… This is incredible stuff. Thank you for sharing it! Especially the fact that you turned that sweet Kalel into your wife :slight_smile: Ryan Kingslian once said “Don’t be manly: reuse your meshes!”, and brother if this isn’t evidence that you can remold one incredible mesh into another, I don’t know what is. Amazing!

Antropus- Masterful images… speechless!!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: You truly are another one of those on this forum who not only inspires but gives some of the most insightful information contributed here. Many thanks for your zclassroom info and stuff on your website, its really helped me pick up this zbrush program with quality while being time efficient for some one who is just begining in this 3D genre. Keep your images and tuts coming!! Also, please do share the story behind the Two Leaves image with the old man and the baby!!!

My friend, Young Frankenstein is one of my all times favorite movies! I LOVE IT!!! and your work is absolutelly amazing.

Everything is just fantastic Kris!

Keep it rocking!

Thanks for the beautiful inspiring words guys. Love you all (in a manly way :slight_smile: )

-Kris

Thanks for pointing that my man! Let’s just say that… hmmm… ALL of the heads in this thread (apart of the baby boy) started from the exact same base mesh!!!

I read comments in some forums about people stating that models started from the same base mesh all look alike. I totally disagree. It all depends on how you change the model, simple as that. It’s like getting a head done in clay, smooth it all the way, put some more clay, take some clay off and do another head, as TONS traditional artists do when working with concepts, reusing the same clay. The artist just need to do his work. There’s no reasons to build models over and over if you have a well resolved basemesh that you can turn into a Superman, a pinup girl, an old man, Marty Feldman, my Wife, a fat-frog-dude or whatever I want. Build meshes is plain boring and technical and I already did this a lot. To sculpt them is another story. It’s the fun part and the one that I like to do :slight_smile:

-Kris

ps.: listen to what Ryan says. He is a wise man! :slight_smile:

arg! This is just… beyond. It’s all just so… beautifull. I stared at that first Frankenstein pic and it felt as if he would open his eyes, so real!
I’ve never used four thumbs up before, but here goes:

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Lovely work. As Meats says, I feel I could touch them. :wink:

Completely and utterly amazing. Inspiring to the maximum. I just want to jump in the big zb3 pool and get lost.
Especially the old man and the baby really makes me wanna jump up and down for a couple of hours.
They have so much expression and story and realism and … and… and… just cool.
Thanks Kris.
So cool…:slight_smile:

Oh…god these are all amazing…love the model, texture and pose of the pin up especially! Very nice indeed. :+1: :+1:

:smiley: Its always inspiring seeing your art.

It’s hard to speak when your jaw is hitting the floor, excellent work. :+1:

wow…amazing…
Kris, you sculpt models as Ronaldinho dribbles defenders!!! I guess it must be a brazilian thing,hahaha…
You are one of my stronger inspirations and this thread proves why…
excellent…just excellent!!!

My mouth is on the floor. Amazinging

Pure skill. I am amazed of eveythink iv seen in here and all the beta testers.
Thankyou for showing us all these fine works.

Genial, Antropus. Como siempre, pero ahora multiplicado x ZB3.:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

:smiley: :smiley: Igor is my favourite!
amazing stuff bro!

Another cool stuff Kris !
I really like the 50’s nude girl and the old man, the baby and the tree.
You are still a great inspiration for us, thanks !

The likenesses are so well captured that it’s actually creepy to see familiar faces as disembodied heads!! Your wife, although proud of what you did, is probably feeling strange to see her head with no body.

I would love to know how you make such realistic eyes. They are so life-like.

Hey Kris! buddy, hope everything is ok in your end… by the looks of it everything is ok LOL. These are just awesome! very inspirational.

Wow, my mouth is still wide open. Phenomenal work.